Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Was 2016 A Success Or Failure?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Was 2016 A Success Or Failure?

I need some clarification...

If only Liberals think that a non-Super Bowl winning season can indeed be a success, does that mean that Conservatives have been feeling a sense of failure for all but 6 of the past 51 years???

Sounds about right.

What about those who voted for Gary Johnson???

I won't even ask about the Jill Stein supporters.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I need some clarification...

If only Liberals think that a non-Super Bowl winning season can indeed be a success, does that mean that Conservatives have been feeling a sense of failure for all but 6 of the past 51 years???

Sounds about right.

What about those who voted for Gary Johnson???

I won't even ask about the Jill Stein supporters.
    Ha! Gary Johnson voter is looking up Aleppo.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

More questions...

If my panties do not get in a bunch, but I thought that the season was a success, does that make me a Liberal or a Conservative???

Likewise, if my panties are in a bunch, but I thought the season sucked, does that make me a Conservative or a Liberal?

I think that this thread is giving me menstrual cramps...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

If your panties are in a bunch, you are a tight ass. AND, I have to wonder, why are you wearing panties? Does that make you a candy ass as well?

Hmm, a tight, candy ass.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Tom Brady has menstrual cramps

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Tom Brady has menstrual cramps
    To go along with 5 rings.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    To go along with 5 rings.
    Yep - after that comeback the other night and breaking the 4 ring tie with Bradshaw & Montana, Tom Brady is (and should be) officially out of f**ks to give about what fans of opposing teams think about him

Brady rode in a parade float with a shirt in front of him that seemed designed to deliver a middle finger to Goodell. The shirt said, “Roger that,” and displayed five Super Bowl rings. The first four were across the fingers on one hand, while the fifth was on the middle finger of the other hand.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...middle-finger/

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Yep - after that comeback the other night and breaking the 4 ring tie with Bradshaw & Montana, Tom Brady is (and should be) officially out of f**ks to give about what fans of opposing teams think about him
    I'm sure his multitudes of fangirls will more than make up for it while they continue to piss and moan because others don't wuv Tahmmy like they do...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I'm sure his multitudes of fangirls will more than make up for it while they continue to piss and moan because others don't wuv Tahmmy like they do...
    If Brady played for the Steelers we would adore him

I hate the Pats but watching that Super Bowl confirmed to me Belichick and Brady are what makes that team - the other talent is not that overwhelming

And you never see him sniping continuously at his own side (the practices are too physical, the young players were overwhelmed) like the QB for a team I follow closely

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If Brady played for the Steelers we would adore him

I hate the Pats but watching that Super Bowl confirmed to me Belichick and Brady are what makes that team - the other talent is not that overwhelming

And you never see him sniping continuously at his own side (the practices are too physical, the young players were overwhelmed) like the QB for a team I follow closely
    You may be right that he and Bellichick make that team go but the bolded piece isn't true

And that is not the only time he yells on the sideline

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

No, he just throws a bitchfit and cries to the refs for a flag every time he gets his hair mussed...

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    You may be right that he and Bellichick make that team go but the bolded piece isn't true

And that is not the only time he yells on the sideline
    Arguments on the sidelines are standard operating procedure when people are not performing

I am talking about calling out your teammates and coaches to the media - #7 does it a lot

AB is not the only Steeler who needs to keep certain matters inside the locker room

I am talking about calling out your teammates and coaches to the media - #7 does it a lot

AB is not the only Steeler who needs to keep certain matters inside the locker room
    Or he can just get the missus to do it for him while he runs to the locker room to pout...

'

Much easier to be magnanimous in victory...

Or he can just get the missus to do it for him...

Yep - after losing the Super Bowl I am certain Brady's first action was to give Giselle her talking points

I cannot stand him but he is not the only QB in the league with some personality flaws, although his do not involve having minimal ability to self-edit what he says to the media to the potential detriment to the team

I cannot stand him but he is not the only QB in the league with some personality flaws, although his do not involve having minimal ability to self-edit what he says to the media to the potential detriment to the team
    I dunno, I'd say being a party to tampering with equipment then telling a boldfaced lie about it on national TV is a fairly serious character flaw. Brady does not have a career as a politician after football if he can't lie any better than that.

I dunno, I'd say being a party to tampering with equipment then telling a boldfaced lie about it on national TV is a fairly serious character flaw. Brady does not have a career as a politician after football if he can't lie any better than that.
    Of course the only finding was that Goodell had the authority to reach his conclusions and impose his discipline - neither the District Court or Second Circuit reached a determination on the merits of those allegations

My point is the only reason Brady catches the crap he does here is because he owns the Steelers - as far as character flaws go there are bigger ones that once led to another 4 game suspension that Steelers fans manged to forgive

Jerry Seinfeld summed it up best

I find it hard to believe that Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum (the two equipment guys) let air out of the balls of their own accord, but that's just me, I guess.

I thought the whole basis of the court case was if Goodell overstepped his bounds with the suspension and not whether the deflation allegation itself had any merit. And there are PLENTY of Steelers fans who have never (and will never) let Milledgeville go.

And yes, lining up in the LeBeau soft zone and getting shredded by the guy every single time the Steelers play against the Patriots is highly annoying as well.

Question:

It is February 2009. The Steelers have just won the SuperBowl... and Obama has just started his first term as President. If I'm happy, does that mean that I am a Liberal or am I a Conservative?

What if I'm wearing panties... does that change things???

This cross-over between sports and politics is so confusing... especially the cross-dressing portion.