Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers 2017 Offseason Tracker: Signings, Losses, Releases, Tags, Visits

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Steelers 2017 Offseason Tracker: Signings, Losses, Releases, Tags, Visits

The Pittsburgh Steelers 2017 offseason is already well underway and quite a few transactions have now taken place. Throughout the remainder of the offseason we will track for you all of the signings, losses, releases, tags and visits that occur from now until the start of training camp in one easy-to-use post.
    Whenever this post is updated it will be bumped back up to the front page of the site. Each and every transaction will also be linked to the corresponding post.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/02...s-tags-visits/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Steelers 2017 Offseason Tracker: Signings, Losses, Releases, Tags, Visits

Here's the current list:

02/02/2017 – Signed ERFA K Chris Boswell to a one-year exclusive rights free agent tender.
    02/01/2017 – Signed URFA LS Greg Warren to a one-year contract.
    01/31/2017 – Signed ERFA RB Fitzgerald Toussaint to a one-year exclusive rights free agent tender.
    01/27/2017 – Signed FA CB Greg Ducre to a Reserve/Future Contract.
    01/27/2017 – Signed FA OLB Farrington Huguenin to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/27/2017 – Signed ERFA S Jordan Dangerfield to a one-year exclusive rights free agent tender.
    01/26/2017 – Signed ERFA FB Roosevelt Nix to a one-year exclusive rights free agent tender.
    01/26/2017 – Signed ERFA WR Cobi Hamilton to a one-year exclusive rights free agent tender.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA RB Gus Johnson to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA RB Brandon Brown-Dukes to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA RB Karlos Williams to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA RB Dreamius Smith to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA CB Brandon Dixon to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA CB Mike Hilton to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA OL Keavon Milton to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA OL Matt Feiler to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA S Jacob Hagen to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA WR Marcus Tucker to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA WR Dez Stewart to Reserve/Future contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

We have a WR named Dez?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    We have a WR named Dez?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    AND a RB named Dreamius!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    AND a RB named Dreamius!!

We also now have Farrington Huguenin and Fitzgerald Toussaint.

Is that the "May I have a bit of Grey Poupon" duo or what????

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

We also now have Farrington Huguenin and Fitzgerald Toussaint.

Is that the "May I have a bit of Grey Poupon" duo or what????

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Here's the current list:

02/02/2017 – Signed ERFA K Chris Boswell to a one-year exclusive rights free agent tender.
    02/01/2017 – Signed URFA LS Greg Warren to a one-year contract.
    01/31/2017 – Signed ERFA RB Fitzgerald Toussaint to a one-year exclusive rights free agent tender.
    01/27/2017 – Signed FA CB Greg Ducre to a Reserve/Future Contract.
    01/27/2017 – Signed FA OLB Farrington Huguenin to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/27/2017 – Signed ERFA S Jordan Dangerfield to a one-year exclusive rights free agent tender.
    01/26/2017 – Signed ERFA FB Roosevelt Nix to a one-year exclusive rights free agent tender.
    01/26/2017 – Signed ERFA WR Cobi Hamilton to a one-year exclusive rights free agent tender.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA RB Gus Johnson to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA RB Brandon Brown-Dukes to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA RB Karlos Williams to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA RB Dreamius Smith to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA CB Brandon Dixon to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA CB Mike Hilton to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA OL Keavon Milton to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA OL Matt Feiler to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA S Jacob Hagen to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA WR Marcus Tucker to a Reserve/Future contract.
    01/24/2017 – Signed FA WR Dez Stewart to Reserve/Future contracts.
    It seems that we haven't given up on Karlos yet.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Reading this afternoon that Melvin Ingram is expected by most observers to get Oliver Vernon money on the open market. Starting point for negotiations is likely to be 5 years 85 million.

My only response to that is to start re-reading edge rusher scouting reports for the draft!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Reading this afternoon that Melvin Ingram is expected by most observers to get Oliver Vernon money on the open market. Starting point for negotiations is likely to be 5 years 85 million.

My only response to that is to start re-reading edge rusher scouting reports for the draft!

LOL!

Probably right. The Steelers organization breaks out in a cold sweat when they see numbers like that for players that are potential free agents.

The thing is...if you asked NFL GM's, most would tell you that free agents are more risky than draft picks. Not just because of the money involved, but also evaluating them and projecting them in your schemes. It's not simple plug-and-play like many think.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

SHIT. I just read that too.

Hopefully teams just laugh it off, but then again, all it takes is one team. On paper theres no way he should be able to command that kind of money but the fact that Olivier Vernon did just that is discouraging.

As of right now the highest 3-4 OLB's/4-3DE's in the league are (in order):

1. Olivier Vernon (wtf?)
    2. Robert Quinn
    3. Cameron Jordan
    4. Michael Bennett
    5. Vinny Curry
    6. Everson Griffen
    7. Cameron Wake
    8. Cliff Avril
    9. Robert Ayers
    10. Joey Bosa

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/...defensive-end/

I could understand him getting into the $10 million per year range (which I would be willing to pay) but damn. im not really interested in anybody else in free agency at a starter level other than maybe Nick Perry. Guess we really need to cross our fingers that Bud Dupree kicks ass, Harrison plays like a miracle again, and a draft pick has an instant impact
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post

Hopefully teams just laugh it off, but then again, all it takes is one team. On paper theres no way he should be able to command that kind of money but the fact that Olivier Vernon did just that is discouraging.

1. Olivier Vernon (wtf?)
    2. Robert Quinn
    3. Cameron Jordan
    4. Michael Bennett
    5. Vinny Curry
    6. Everson Griffen
    7. Cameron Wake
    8. Cliff Avril
    9. Robert Ayers
    10. Joey Bosa

I could understand him getting into the $10 million per year range (which I would be willing to pay) but damn. im not really interested in anybody else in free agency at a starter level other than maybe Nick Perry. Guess we really need to cross our fingers that Bud Dupree kicks ass, Harrison plays like a miracle again, and a draft pick has an instant impact
    Same site says Ingram's expected value on the open market is a bit over $17 million per year! http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angel.../market-value/

I value pass-rushing as much as the next guy, but NO WAY I give a dude who had 2 decent years (18.5 sacks in 32 games) QB money.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Same site says Ingram's expected value on the open market is a bit over $17 million per year! http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angel.../market-value/

I value pass-rushing as much as the next guy, but NO WAY I give a dude who had 2 decent years (18.5 sacks in 32 games) QB money.

Now we know why the stable franchises always build through the draft.

If you dump $18 million on a free agent that doesn't dominate, was it really worth it? I think the answer is a resounding no.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post

1. Olivier Vernon (wtf?)
    2. Robert Quinn
    3. Cameron Jordan
    4. Michael Bennett
    5. Vinny Curry
    6. Everson Griffen
    7. Cameron Wake
    8. Cliff Avril
    9. Robert Ayers
    10. Joey Bosa

This is crazy money we're talking about here.

This is what the NFL has become in the salary cap era. Have the better teams lose good players because they can't afford to keep them. Teams that want to make a splash with the fans will overpay for a huge free agent that gets them nowhere. Teams that are looking for the final piece of the puzzle to put them over the top also drop a shitload of cash for a player.....but that player better pan out, or they start freefalling quickly.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Maybe its just the free agency ho in me, but Nick Perry could end up being a great consolation prize. A lot of people will point to the whole "he finally played well because it's a contract year" argument, and thats a fair argument, but not all good players are good right away. I doubt he's able to command absurd money for that very reason.

That being said, heres my pitch on Nick Perry for those who are not a fan. Here me out:

For the 2016 season, 17 hurries, 11 sacks in only 12 starts (14 games) is pretty good no matter how you spin it. Did I mention the fact that Perry played with a broken hand bad enough that he was supposed to possibly miss the rest of the season? He played with one of those dummy clubs on his hand and STILL registered 4 sacks AFTER that injury in the next 4 games he played. He got those sacks in 2 MUST WIN divisional games and a playoff game).

For the 2015 season Perry played much of the season with a sprained AC joint but only missed 2 games, and snagged 2.5 sacks in a playoff game with that injury lingering (And then a sack and a forced fumble the following playoff game, although he wasn't on the injury report anymore). In 2014, Perry played most of the year with an injured shoulder that needed surgery in the offseason, yet he only missed 1 game and registered 1.5 sacks in a postseason game. 2013, Nick Perry got a sack in the packers lone playoff game. Kid seems to do that like clockwork.

This kid is an absolute warrior, productive when healthy, and still productive when he’s not. He was a 1st round draft pick for a reason. He’s not really on people’s radar anymore and on the surface looks like a one hit wonder (even though he’s not). Yeah, he has a bit of an injury history, but they just seem like unlucky injuries that don’t really cut into enough playing time to seem worrisome (kind of like Maurkice Pouncey). Those injuries also don’t seem to be lingering if his most recent season is any indication.

With Ingram all but off the board for us, what are everybody's thoughts on Perry?
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

I can get on board with Perry. Looking at about 8-10 million per year with him based on comparisons of similar guys.

Pack have about $35 million in cap space. While they do have several big FAs - do they let Perry even sniff the open market?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Perry at 8-10 is a no brainer over Ingram at whatever he's asking for. That money is outrageous. I do Perry 100 or 100 times versus Ingram at QB money...even if the cap is no issue. Ingram not going to be worth that kind of money...

I can get on board with Perry. Looking at about 8-10 million per year with him based on comparisons of similar guys.

Pack have about $35 million in cap space. While they do have several big FAs - do they let Perry even sniff the open market?
    Ted Thompson makes Kevin Colbert look like he spends like Dan Snyder by comparison, Clay Matthews solidifying one side, Peppers is ancient but playing well (I mean, were still bringing Harrison back), OLB Kyler Fackrell drafted in the 3rd round, and Datone Jones was a 1st round pick and has made strides since switching to OLB. I think we got a better shot than some people might think

Perry makes a lot of sense from that standpoint. I love players that I buy into as being real players coming off of injuries that aren't career threatening, that have shown that they can produce when healthy.

That would be an interesting addition to a defense coming back with a fully healthy Dupree and hopefully Golson. Add Perry to that, and keep James fresh for a little more situational pass rushing, and potentially have him rested and healthy going into the playoffs to add to the rotation. Throw in a productive draft class, and there's a lot to get excited about.

It makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons. The money and injury history would be the concern, but his production is hard to argue with and would seem to put him in a position to be a very strong bang-for-the-buck FA signing.

I would have to look at him more closely to see how he fits in schematically and what his strengths and weaknesses are, but it really is intriguing to see what he could do in this system.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Perry makes a lot of sense from that standpoint. I love players that I buy into as being real players coming off of injuries that aren't career threatening, that have shown that they can produce when healthy.

That would be an interesting addition to a defense coming back with a fully healthy Dupree and hopefully Golson. Add Perry to that, and keep James fresh for a little more situational pass rushing, and potentially have him rested and healthy going into the playoffs to add to the rotation. Throw in a productive draft class, and there's a lot to get excited about.

It makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons. The money and injury history would be the concern, but his production is hard to argue with and would seem to put him in a position to be a very strong bang-for-the-buck FA signing.

I would have to look at him more closely to see how he fits in schematically and what his strengths and weaknesses are, but it really is intriguing to see what he could do in this system.
    Per PFF regarding Julius Peppers (halfway through the season): "Julius Peppers is a player that has thrived by becoming more of a situational threat for the Packers. This season, he is playing just 43.7 percent of Green Bay’s defensive snaps, which is the lowest mark of his career by more than 20 percent. He has responded by racking up three sacks and 16 total QB pressures in 116 pass-rushing snaps, and still has much of the same freak-athleticism that made him such an effective every-down force throughout his career."

Seems like everyone is smart enough to NOT expect Harrison to keep playing like he's in his 20's, but also smart enough to not be surprised if he does. Having 4 good OLB's to platoon though could really pay dividends for the players we already have like Harrison. Harrison playing fresh on passing downs, in a role similar to how Peppers is being used in Green Bay, could make him even more efficient on a per snap basis. Im loving the potential.

^That being said im super biased because im from Wisconsin and I respect the Packers so much

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Definitely good to have Richard Mann back.

Once again I just can't understand why Danny Smith keeps getting brought back.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

I hate Danny Smith with a passion. He's up there with Sean Mahan, Those RBs I don't mention...ugh...my skin crawls at the mention of these people.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

How? How the hell does Danny Smith still have a job???

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Heard on the radio yesterday that Johnny Manziel could be playing again next season. If that clown gets reinstated, Bryant had better get reinstated. Hard to believe there's no actual news on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Heard on the radio yesterday that Johnny Manziel could be playing again next season. If that clown gets reinstated, Bryant had better get reinstated. Hard to believe there's no actual news on that front.
    Josh Gordon is applying for reinstatement too. I feel like it would be unprecedented for Bryant to not get back in

I believe March 14 last year is when Bryant was suspended. Der Komissar won't do anything before the anniversary date.

He can take his time to look over the reinstatement. I don't think there's a time frame on it.

Steelers place original round tender on restricted free agent Ross Cockrell

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/201...ross-cockrell/

With the start of free agency less than a week away, the Pittsburgh Steelers addressed the issue of restricted free agent Ross Cockrell on Friday when they placed an original round tender on him.

Former Broncos offensive tackle Ryan Harris retires after 10 seasons

http://www.9news.com/sports/former-b...sons/419579831

Time for Jerald Hawkins to step up. OL depth is Hawkins/Finney/Hubbard so far