Thread: Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell Might Need Groin Surgery

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell Might Need Groin Surgery

Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell told NFL Network’s Good Morning Football on Wednesday he’s still in the process of determining whether he’ll need offseason surgery on his injured groin.
    “I’m kind of in the process of seeing a couple of doctors, seeing if I have to get surgery or not,” Bell said. “I’m hoping for the best, but I understand it’s a tough game. If I don’t get surgery, I go into the rehab process, work hard, get back to how I was last year, or actually, better. I’m going to take it from there.”

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/02...groin-surgery/

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Re: Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell Might Need Groin Surgery

Will they wait until pre-season to make a decision?
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Im tempted to sarcastically say Tomlin just loves overworking players but really, he kind of had no choice for a large percentage of the time during our win streak. Williams was out since forever. Once we were in the playoffs, well, you play the best guy on the field period. Not exactly the time to worry about the wheels falling off. I do have my gripes about how much we worked Heyward and Tuitt, but this was just a case of misfortune. Hope he takes his time with this injury, groins are really easy to reaggravate
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Im tempted to sarcastically say Tomlin just loves overworking players but really, he kind of had no choice for a large percentage of the time during our win streak. Williams was out since forever. Once we were in the playoffs, well, you play the best guy on the field period. Not exactly the time to worry about the wheels falling off. I do have my gripes about how much we worked Heyward and Tuitt, but this was just a case of misfortune. Hope he takes his time with this injury, groins are really easy to reaggravate
    Isn't a groin injury what wound up screwing up Woodley, or was his an issue with his hammy?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Isn't a groin injury what wound up screwing up Woodley, or was his an issue with his hammy?
    Hamstring against the Patriots at Heinz in October 2011 - never the same for the rest of 2011 then he got fat

In addition to everything else the Steelers have rotten luck with their running backs and groin injuries in Pats playoff losses- Bettis was ineffective with a groin injury against the Pats in a 1996 playoff game at Foxboro and then reinjured a groin injury that knocked him out for the last month of the 2001 regular season in the cluster of the playoff loss to the Pats at Heinz in January 2002

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I think they need to find a new conditioning/stretching coach. Groin injuries can be avoided with proper stretching and flexibility training.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    I think they need to find a new conditioning/stretching coach. Groin injuries can be avoided with proper stretching and flexibility training.
    At least as likely the extraordinary workload as a runner and receiver after Williams got hurt and Bell became the focus of the offense in November took its toll - only so much tread on the tires

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I truly don't see this is being anyone's fault. These things happen in football. Bell is a runner that pauses and makes explosive moves forward, backward, and laterally.

I don't believe that anything in particular is to blame for what happened. It's simply a football injury.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Now what round will they take a RB? These guys are messing up my mock.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

When I pulled my groin, it was from sliding sideways suddenly. I blame an icy patch of grass at Arrowhead.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Dude is injury prone huh?

Id like to draft a pure banger back like 240 pounds in the later rounds just to be opposite of leveons style

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post

Id like to draft a pure banger back like 240 pounds in the later rounds just to be opposite of leveons style
    Check out Marlon Mack out of South Florida. I have watched him play for a few seasons. One of those that can side step defenders out of their shoes, or just run them over with strength. An always fall forward type RB. Should be there in the late rounds due to obscurity. I don't think he's as big as 240 though.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post

My uneducated guess is that the steelers FO wont look for a particular "type" of RB in this draft and just go for whoever is the best player at the position. In a way i think theyre really hoping Karlos Williams gets his shit together so that we can go into the season with Bell, Williams (as a short yardage battering ram), and some other draft pick. Said player above, Marlon Mack is in my mock as well
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

We could always bring back DW too for veteran depth.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    We could always bring back DW too for veteran depth.
    I hope they do. He's got 1-2 years left on the tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I hope they do. He's got 1-2 years left on the tires.
    DW has been injured both years - unavailable for playoffs last year and for over a month this year

He was a great signing to fill in for Bell but time to get younger

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell Might Need Groin Surgery

Same exact thing could be said about Bell...just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

DW already said he doesn't know if he will be back either. I want to know which play Bell really injured himself or was it before the game?
    All Defense!

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    DW already said he doesn't know if he will be back either. I want to know which play Bell really injured himself or was it before the game?
    Bell had a groin injury before the game. It apparently wasn't too serious because he rushed for 167 and 170 yards in those 2 previous games. I don't know why we ran him so much though when he had a groin injury. This is the injury that the NFL is supposedly investigating since it wasn't on the injury report.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    My uneducated guess is that the steelers FO wont look for a particular "type" of RB in this draft and just go for whoever is the best player at the position. In a way i think theyre really hoping Karlos Williams gets his shit together so that we can go into the season with Bell, Williams (as a short yardage battering ram), and some other draft pick. Said player above, Marlon Mack is in my mock as well
    This would be ideal. I hope that Vince is kicking his ass the whole off season.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I would like to see DW back just so he gets a ring honestly, he is a good guy, real leader and can fill in for spot duty when needed.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm a fan of DWill as well. I followed him thru college at Memphis. He's the same age as AP with less NFL miles, plus he ran KR in college if there's ever a need for that.

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Keith Butler straight up said at the end of the season that Woodley was pushing 280-290lb too. that might have something to do with it

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I'm a fan of DWill as well. I followed him thru college at Memphis. He's the same age as AP with less NFL miles, plus he ran KR in college if there's ever a need for that.
    AP is done too, IMO.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

I know they are going to wait untile pre-season for surgery.
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I know they are going to wait untile pre-season for surgery.
    If that happens and we have to start with DWill, we will be all out of RB by game 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    If that happens and we have to start with DWill, we will be all out of RB by game 4.

Sounds about right!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

http://www.12up.com/posts/4712553-le...ay?a_aid=40104

Le'Veon Bell Undergoing Surgery on Monday

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

That took a bit longer than it should have. Oh well, better late than never. At least its not like Dupree's situation last season