Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooney on Antonio Brown....

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Rooney on Antonio Brown....

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Rooney on Antonio Brown....

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I mean, Brown made a big mistake but everybody can make mistakes
    Agreed. He's not out getting arrested or anything like that.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

"Childish behavior has no place in the NFL... which is why we got rid of the ping pong tables. Obviously."

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

But what if you can get a lot for Brown in a trade? A high 1st and 2nd round pick this season for Brown. Would that be worth it?
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    But what if you can get a lot for Brown in a trade? A high 1st and 2nd round pick this season for Brown. Would that be worth it?

It's very unlikely a team will offer that to the steelers.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

If that's a hypothetical, depending on the team, then hell yeah I take that trade.

To trade what is for what might be . . . this early in Brown's career? No. Right now, we have a sure thing in Brown. We know him, his work ethic, and what he can do. His mistakes off the field and on are silly and minimal by comparison to others. To trade that for two unknowns who might end up as busts in any number of ways is simply not worth it, not when we're still looking at probably another 5 years of high-output production. Furthermore, trade Brown, and you make Ben's decision to retire that much easier. So it's subtraction by addition.

No thank you. Not at this point in the game.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Trading AB even for multiple high draft picks sets back any Steelers SB window 2-3 seasons.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Trading AB even for multiple high draft picks sets back any Steelers SB window 2-3 seasons.
    This.

This whole talk is nonsense...people are creating stories that stemmed from one Facebook live video that in reality, wasn't really that harmful to anyone. This nonsense and ridiculousness that is trading Brown is just that. Let's say you get two first round picks and a second and a third and a fifth. Do we need to revisit the 2008 or 2009 draft? I think I'd give all of those picks and players for a player of Brown's talent...no? The likelihood that any of these picks will come remotely close to his talent is a pipe dream at best. The guy is on pace to be one of the greatest Steelers of all-time and one of the greatest WRs the NFL has seen since Jerry Rice. These articles that say the Steelers want to trade him are just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Nobody is offering a first round pick for a soon to be 29 year old WR that also needs a contract extension.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

The media has gone too far.

The stories about Brown were very stupid and if the steelers would have had the idea of trading Brown, it would have been throwing the white flag for the next season and Ben would surely have retired if that would have been the case.

The Media like Ron Cook or PFT love the drama but they've gone too far on Brown

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Well, don't take me seriously, I'm just goofing around. I don't want to lose Brown at all. If we did lose Brown, we would probably re-sign Wheaton. That would leave us Bryant, Wheaton, Rodgers, Coates, Ayers, James, and maybe Green. They're not world beaters but it's not a terrible group. Ben would be pissed though.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

But what if you can get a lot for Brown in a trade?
    Hypothetically speaking...

I'd accept this trade: straight up for Julio Jones.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Ron Kook's article + Aditi whateverhernameis' false claims = Trade rumors

Is it September yet?

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    To trade what is for what might be . . . this early in Brown's career? No. Right now, we have a sure thing in Brown. We know him, his work ethic, and what he can do. His mistakes off the field and on are silly and minimal by comparison to others. To trade that for two unknowns who might end up as busts in any number of ways is simply not worth it, not when we're still looking at probably another 5 years of high-output production. Furthermore, trade Brown, and you make Ben's decision to retire that much easier. So it's subtraction by addition.

No thank you. Not at this point in the game.
    I agree here. The amount of criticism Brown has received has been mind blowing to me. He's never gotten into legal trouble and he was never an issue other than dancing (which he was also getting treated unfairly for.)

All of the sudden he uses fb live and he's being put into the same category as other players who are REAL distractions.

I dont trade Brown unless its something absurd. Like a Ricky Williams haul. Brown is just TOO good.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Hypothetically speaking...

I'd accept this trade: straight up for Julio Jones.
    That's about the only thing I would consider. I love me some Julio, but I love me some AB as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    I agree here. The amount of criticism Brown has received has been mind blowing to me. He's never gotten into legal trouble and he was never an issue other than dancing (which he was also getting treated unfairly for.)

All of the sudden he uses fb live and he's being put into the same category as other players who are REAL distractions.

I dont trade Brown unless its something absurd. Like a Ricky Williams haul. Brown is just TOO good.

Even a Ricky Williams haul doesn't guarantee anything close to a the talent of AB.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That's about the only thing I would consider. I love me some Julio, but I love me some AB as well...
    Id rather keep Brown in that case. Julio has had some injury problems plus Ben & Brown already have a chemistry. So no thanks.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Coming from mushmouth, I'd take that to mean trading him would be a bad idea

Even a Ricky Williams haul doesn't guarantee anything close to a the talent of AB.
    Oh i agree. I just wouldnt do it. If i WAS gonna do it id need back picks galore

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I hope this puts to rest the attempt by the sports media to fabricate an asinine topic of discussion for the sake of manufacturing page visits, which as far as I'm concerned is all it is. After all, this topic of discussion started with a 100% made up report on nfl.com

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    If that's a hypothetical, depending on the team, then hell yeah I take that trade.
    Two unsure birds in the tree for one sure bird in the hand? I'll pass on that.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

How high would this 1st round pick be? Even more curiously, who are the 2 players you would draft hypothetically with a "high" 1st round pick and high 2nd round pick?

Furthermore, in the immediate short term, do any of you expect those 2 players to exceed the production (regardless of position) that AB gives us in our soon to close superbowl window?

seems highly unlikely. cant believe how contagious these dumb trade rumors are
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Exactly.

I like burrotos... and, I like tacos. Either way, it's Mexican food.

Speaking of trade rumors...

What would you give up to acquire Brandin Cooks?

He'd be a great #2. His style reminds me of AB (not nearly as good, but similar).

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Speaking of trade rumors...

What would you give up to acquire Brandin Cooks?

He'd be a great #2. His style reminds me of AB (not nearly as good, but similar).
    Not sure about Cooks for this offense. He can take the top off a defense, but he is small. Steelers have a bunch of smaller WRs. I would be more interested in a guy like Sammy Watkins - you know if his foot wasn't held together with duct tape and bailing wire. Either way, he would never become available.

One guy I would like to see if the Steelers "system" of developing WRs would have any success with is Dorial Green-Beckham. I get that he is a head case and the definition of looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. But Steelers seem to get the most out of guys and have developed a series of lightly regarded WRs through the draft. Could they do it with guys off the scrap heap?

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

This is what people don't get: Steelers are in win now mode. Worrying about drafting the next QB is a waste. Worrying about trading AB for picks is a waste.

The only way it makes sense to trade AB would be if Ben retired. Then it doesn't matter if AB is on the team because no matter which QB came in they couldn't get AB the ball.

The only WR that would help most rookies is the Mike Evans/Julio Jones variety that can win battles for lob passes.

Pretty sure Ben is just being his drama queen self.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Not sure about Cooks for this offense. He can take the top off a defense, but he is small. Steelers have a bunch of smaller WRs. I would be more interested in a guy like Sammy Watkins - you know if his foot wasn't held together with duct tape and bailing wire. Either way, he would never become available.
    I hear what you're saying: we need a tall receiver. That said, I just want a legitimate #2... tall, short, fast, slow, deep threat, possession receiver... anything to keep teams from doubling AB.