Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers are not expected to re-sign Jarvis Jones

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers are not expected to re-sign Jarvis Jones

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Steelers are not expected to re-sign Jarvis Jones

Water is wet.

Not aimed at you pb - just that time of year. Glad Rotoworld was able to break this massive story

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Waiting for NE to sign him

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Hopefully they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

We'll see.
    Hater = Realist

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Tennessee or Arizona will be his next stop

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Lets hope we receive a solid comp pick for him.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Should be a nice one. Would that go into effect next year?

It will not happen...No team will give Jones a big contract.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Wouldn't count on it. Comp picks is some bizarre witchcraft that involves contract $$ and playing time, plus FA that the Steelers sign.

Bottom line, who is going to give Jones Manny Sanders money AND Sanders playing time? That's what it takes to get a 3rd or 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Wouldn't count on it. Comp picks is some bizarre witchcraft that involves contract $$ and playing time, plus FA that the Steelers sign.

Bottom line, who is going to give Jones Manny Sanders money AND Sanders playing time? That's what it takes to get a 3rd or 4th.
    And the steelers only have had a fifth round pick for Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    And the steelers only have had a fifth round pick for Sanders.
    I forgot about that! Kinda feel like maybe they got shafted on that one. Either way, I think your post is even better. If you get a 5th for Sanders, what do you get for Jones? A -2?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Some idiot will give him way more money than he's worth, citing the difficulty of finding edge rushers. Even though he sucks, just watch, he'll be like the 3rd-rated guy on the market.

Having said that, even if he signs a $1 billion contract and starts all 16 games, that'll come out of the NFL's compensatory-pick black box as a 7th-rounder.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

They'll be lucky to get a stale 6-pack of Iron City Light for him...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Having said that, even if he signs a $1 billion contract and starts all 16 games, that'll come out of the NFL's compensatory-pick black box as a 7th-rounder.

(Sadly, that's not far off.)

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If they let Jones walk and sign Ingram, they are likely to get nothing in return...right?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If they let Jones walk and sign Ingram, they are likely to get nothing in return...right?
    One would assume. Ingram gets the bigger dollars almost for sure. Then likely outproduces Jones. So no comp pick because Steelers came out ahead. I think that is how that works.

One would assume. Ingram gets the bigger dollars almost for sure. Then likely outproduces Jones. So no comp pick because Steelers came out ahead. I think that is how that works.
    That's what I thought too...and I think we should be happy with that...lol.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

What about replace Jones with Dontari Poe? How does that DLine look now? We would truly be ready for a move to 4-3.

Poe? I'd take that in a second!!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Maybe we can fill his spot with Woodley...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    What about replace Jones with Dontari Poe? How does that DLine look now? We would truly be ready for a move to 4-3.
    I've heard that Poe's knees are about shot.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I've heard that Poe's knees are about shot.
    Is that right? Even with no knees, he'd probably get more pressure than Jones. That sucks for Poe if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Is that right? Even with no knees, he'd probably get more pressure than Jones. That sucks for Poe if that's the case.
    Back in 2012, I really wanted David DeCastro... but, Dontari Poe intrigued me.

Anyway, I heard someone on the radio talking about how Poe was going to be a free agent... and, I got excited. Then, they added that the Chiefs probably, wouldn't try to re-sign him, because he has had knee troubles. Argh!!!

Similarly, there was an article listing the top free agents for 2017, discussing the pros & cons for each player... and they also mentioned his knees. Double-argh!!!

So... he'll sign with the Taperiots and play at a Pro Bowl level for five years.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Back in 2012, I really wanted David DeCastro... but, Dontari Poe intrigued me.

Anyway, I heard someone on the radio talking about how Poe was going to be a free agent... and, I got excited. Then, they added that the Chiefs probably, wouldn't try to re-sign him, because he has had knee troubles. Argh!!!

Similarly, there was an article listing the top free agents for 2017, discussing the pros & cons for each player... and they also mentioned his knees. Double-argh!!!

So... he'll sign with the Taperiots and play at a Pro Bowl level for five years.
    Yeah, and I remember reading somewhere on Chiefsplanet when we were playing them in the divisional round about his quality of play dropping way off.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

No thanks on Poe.

Dontari Poe, NT, Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas City has some choices to make this offseason, with both safety Eric Berry and nose tackle Dontari Poe slated to hit the open market. My hunch is that they will choose to retain Berry and let Poe walk, given his regression from being one of the game’s top nose tackles back in 2013. At 346 pounds, his pass-rush has never been much of a factor, but the Chiefs have consistently kept him on the field for 74 percent of defensive snaps or more over his career. His run defense has been good in two of the past four seasons, but entirely average in two others. In order to be worth the kind of big-money contract Damon Harrison got from the Giants a season ago, Poe needs to show that he is a guaranteed monster in that area, and he hasn’t been to this point in his career.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...t-free-agency/

I wanted DeCastro bad that draft...I couldn't believe he dropped to the Steelers. If they passed him up, I would've strangled three people.

Maybe I wouldn't go for Poe...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Poe, that shiny quarter somebody left on the floor. But when you go to pick it up, somebody has glued it to the floor. Joke's on you.

Maybe. I really don't know much about his productivity lately. I just remember him killing it at the combine and being touted for DROY his first season. Haven't paid much attention since. I would love to add a true NG to our DLine though. I know, we discussed this last year and NTs aren't used like in the past, and only 2 down linemen at best and such. Still hoping McCullars can become that force in the middle.