Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Big Ben Roethlisberger

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    I never said Ben sucked at all...as for bell i was making a joke that he would be back smoking dope...lets see how the kid handles adversity after this. I also heard he missed 2 practices this week not just 1

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Bell said he was hurting before the game - no surprise given his workload since November, which cannot be sustained over a full schedule in 2017

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Bell said he was hurting before the game - no surprise given his workload since November, which cannot be sustained over a full schedule in 2017

In the Chiefs game, he looked slower in the 4th quarter. I wonder if that is where it started.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

This goes back to running the wheels off him...it was bound to happen at some point. Gotta give the guy more rest at times...the workload he has been givin he will have a short career

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Oh my God you guys. Ben certainly isn't the issue . How many passes we're dropped today ? 3, 4 or 5. I remember 2 in the end zone and another long one to Coates. Can't hardly blame Ben today.
    How does Ben have confidence in Coates though? Coates drops many passes and Ben's comp % to him is barely overr 50. AB, Rogers, James and Bell before injury should have gotten all the passes.

Coates should not have played. Ayers>Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Tend to agree.

Is there any other top tier QB who would get close enough to kick 6 field goals yet not score a single touchdown with the #1 RB, #1 Receiver and a top tier offensive line?

Maybe it is Haley?
    No it's not Haley. Ben has struggled in the red zone his entire career.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Pats took Bell out early before the injury. Ben is no longer the old Ben and a shell of himself and his best years are behind him. The dude is done! He was doing okay tonight with the dink and dunk offense when Williams is in. Dude don't have the heart and needs to retire! Hurts me to say it but the truth. We aren't winning another championship with him!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Ps this is a very talented team with piss poor coaching and a has been QB. Bryant even with the talent he has and comes back and keeps his head on straight. Not going to matter Just Truth! Coaches need to go and we need a QB! Ben is mentally toast!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Ps this is a very talented team with piss poor coaching and a has been QB. Bryant even with the talent he has and comes back and keeps his head on straight. Not going to matter Just Truth! Coaches need to go and we need a QB! Ben is mentally toast!
    I think you're mentally toast. Go look for your next Bubby Brister somewhere else.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Ben was playing lights out until he got hurt. He's not been the same since he came back.
    This is how I feel as well. I think there's a reason why they leaned so heavily on Bell....beyond the fact that he's freaking amazing. Ben may have been dinged up a little more than we all knew.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msafford View Post
    This is how I feel as well. I think there's a reason why they leaned so heavily on Bell....beyond the fact that he's freaking amazing. Ben may have been dinged up a little more than we all knew.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't surprised if he was hurt more than we know, but that is the point I am trying to make. It's a reoccurring issue. Seems like he's been banged up for the playoffs since he started playing football. Finally catching up to him.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I'm not going to excuse Ben's play this year, especially his road play. But his WR core was not that good this year.

This offense missed Bryant. Yes Ben has Brown (and Bell), whom is the best WR in the game, but the rest of the WR core isn't that good. Rogers has shown to be a solid WR this year, and looks to be the future slot WR for this team, but he was basically a rookie. And everyone else doesn't belong on the field, well, not for many snaps anyway. I like Cobi Hamilton but I highly doubt he's on a team if the team didn't sign him because of injuries during late camp/early PS. Coates lost all confidence after he broke his finger, and I'm legitimately worried he won't bounce back. Ayers? 7th round rookie, DHB? he's better at playing special teams than WR.

Jesse James played very well at the end of the season, but he's no L.Green, who was playing great before getting hurt again. And If I'm The Steelers, I try to get out of Green's contract. Maybe he retires, which at the point might be a smart thing for Green.

Ben will be fine, besides hurting his knee early this season, he is more protected than ever by his O-Line. Which btw is still a young group, and has ton of talented depth.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Ben set his personal best of like 12 completions in a row. What a shitty performance!

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I think you're mentally toast. Go look for your next Bubby Brister somewhere else.
    Opps sorry picked on your chock artist Ben and my bad

- - - Updated - - -

Ps.Tom's bitch!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Opps sorry picked on your chock artist Ben and my bad

- - - Updated - - -

Ps.Tom's bitch!

That's all you got? Dude get a new team. Get off this board, you bore the piss out of us. Ben's the qb next year. Deal with it!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    That's all you got? Dude get a new team. Get off this board, you bore the piss out of us. Ben's the qb next year. Deal with it!
    Way more and Ben has been crap for years. Coaching was awful as well but yep nothing desirable with Ben!

- - - Updated - - -

Ps. good luck with him out with some kinda leg injury by week 3 next season.Out for 3 to 4 weeks after.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Come on now Ben was not the problem last night and, he played a pretty good game. Dropped passes and, YOU CAN'T PLAY ZONE AGAINST BRADY!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Ben set his personal best of like 12 completions in a row. What a shitty performance!
    We stalled in the Red Zone again and put up a paltry NINE POINTS through 3 1/2 Quarters. We finished with 17 and were never competitive.

Fantastic performance.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    Come on now Ben was not the problem last night and, he played a pretty good game. Dropped passes and, YOU CAN'T PLAY ZONE AGAINST BRADY!
    This...100x

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Another Ben sucks thread? He lost Bell, 1. AB was completely taken out of the offense after that, 2. Drops, fumbles, penalties, 3. What was the defense doing in cover 2 vs Brady, 4? If you are not getting pressure on the QB, a cover 2 does not work with the best DBs. Is 36 year old Ben less mobile than 22 year old Ben? yes. Has 36 year old Ben learned how to play this game better than 22 year old Ben? yes. This loss was not Ben's doing. Dumbasses!

- - - Updated - - -

Pats took Bell out early before the injury. Ben is no longer the old Ben and a shell of himself and his best years are behind him. The dude is done! He was doing okay tonight with the dink and dunk offense when Williams is in. Dude don't have the heart and needs to retire! Hurts me to say it but the truth. We aren't winning another championship with him!
    I'm thinking YOU should retire. Turn in your fan card and hit the bricks. That post is just plain loser limp and dumb.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Well seeing that Ben is considering retirement, I can't help but say I saw that coming. Drafting a QB in Rd 1 or 2 has to be seriously considered.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

might be bens way of saying better get my eventual replacement...im thinking now that ben will come back one more year so will deebo and make one more run for the superbowl. NFL sways it into the good qbs favor to give them a ring before they retires. History tells us this.

might be bens way of saying better get my eventual replacement...im thinking now that ben will come back one more year so will deebo and make one more run for the superbowl. NFL sways it into the good qbs favor to give them a ring before they retires. History tells us this.

Also, maybe its bens way of saying get me some good/better receivers to make that SB run.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Could also just be the let down by the team in that game, the terrible plan by the coaches, and the sudden flushing of all that adrenaline riding a 9 game win streak to the AFCCG. Who wouldn't be somewhat pissed and a bit depressed?

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Also, maybe its bens way of saying get me some good/better receivers to make that SB run.

It won't matter. Until Tomlin and his coaches get their heads out of their asses we won't win another super bowl. Munch is the only legitimate coach we have now.

i recently came across this article...raised my eyebrows. Let me know what you think.

http://www.tonytellingitlikeitis.com...Scripted-55545

i recently came across this article...raised my eyebrows. Let me know what you think.

read the entire article its lengthy

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

*Yawn* can't get past the title of the article.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I knew the tuck game would be in there. These are things all of us Raiders fans already know... and to a large extent, give credence to.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

read the entire article its lengthy

Let's assume the premise of the article is accurate. Play it out. Over the multi-decade history of the NFL, how many people would have to be "in" on this secret and then stay silent? The article's author has everyone from officials to coaches to players involved in the "fix". What incentive would any of these individuals have to participate? Much less participate, garner some financial reward, and then stay silent. Could you imagine the book deals and other lucrative offers that would come the way of the whistleblower on this? It is a ridiculous tin-foil hat premise that really doesn't need serious consideration...

...but for funsies - give it a moment of serious thought. Ok. That should be enough. How can a vast over-arching conspiracy sometimes involve coaches and not players and then other times the other way around? Then other times it doesn't involve either of those groups, it involves the refs. This is one really really agitated individual squeezing things into a pre-built narrative.

Now think about the money the NFL makes from fans believing this is their teams year. Or from sports books in Vegas (maybe not now, but certainly when the NFL started this was ummmm....hmmmm.....lets just say monitored by some bad dudes) that have an interest in a non-rigged product.

Finally, all that it would take is one guy to get drunk in a bar at some point in the last 4 decades or so and this whole operation is "blown". For this all to work, the NFL has to have near omnipotent powers and near omniscient ability to forecast future events and motivations.

Seems kinda goofy right? It might just be me...

I think i agree a lot of what that article says...obviously they done their homework. Not saying i agree with everything but it does raise a lot of eyebrows with me.

I think i agree a lot of what that article says...obviously they done their homework. Not saying i agree with everything but it does raise a lot of eyebrows with me.

well not a lot of eyebrows with me knowing i only have 2...lol