Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Not Too Early Goat Thread

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The Not Too Early Goat Thread

Fire away...

(Impossible to give any game balls away)

- - - Updated - - -

Goat: Tomlin. Starts and stops with his idiotic game plan. He has final say and what a choke. He never put the D in position to succeed playing 10 yards off the receivers.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: The Not Too Early Goat Thread

Antonio Brown.

If you're going to go on Facebook and record yourself like a bitch in the locker room before a big game, and embarrass the team, at least show up to play in the game to prove yourself.

Instead, you disappear.

I'll be all over this a-hole until he retires. Antonio Clown.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I knew we were done on the first series when I saw where our DBs were lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I knew we were done on the first series when I saw where our DBs were lined up.
    Lebeau Junior. Butler is just as bad if not worse than Lebeau. He'll stay, but he really disappointed me tonight.

Don't try to challenge or cover the Patriots receivers, just let Brady play pitch and catch again.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

The coaches.

Pats want to make the Steelers pay for those a-hole comments now. No letting off the gas. Can't blame them either.

Pats want to make the Steelers pay for those a-hole comments now. No letting off the gas. Can't blame them either.
    A-Hole comments have nothing to do with it. They're better than we are and we can't stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    A-Hole comments have nothing to do with it. They're better than we are and we can't stop them.
    You're missing my point. I'm saying they want to run up the score till the end. I'm not saying that's a reason why we lost lol.

Steelers players and coaches can get all pissy and angry at the Patriots all they want. They keep screwing your over and you keep taking it. They play dirty and cheat, and you keep taking it.

You keep trotting out the same old bullcrap against New England, and they keep owning you.

You once again came up small when you needed to against them. Belichick owns Tomlin. Brady owns Ben. You are their bitch. Sit down and take it.

Love you guys, but those are the facts.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Same defense every fucking game.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

BB

From the opening drive, he was off. Coates had his man beat, and BB underthrew him. Multiple times, BB had 4-5 seconds to survey the field, and still threw errant passes. I guess that I was wrong, and the aforementioned NFL Network poll was correct: BB deserved to be the lowest rated QB of the four remaining.

Hamilton didn't help by dropping TWO TD passes.

Neither did the 1st-&-goal debacle.

Math: that's 24 points left on the field.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    BB

From the opening drive, he was off. Coates had his man beat, and BB underthrew him. Multiple times, BB had 4-5 seconds to survey the field, and still threw errant passes. I guess that I was wrong, and the aforementioned NFL Network poll was correct: BB deserved to be the lowest rated QB of the four remaining.

Are you kidding with BB?

Coates should have caught that ball! He really has no talent for catching the ball. Any receiver worth two shits makes that catch. Overall Ben was solid. Not his fault Haley undermined the red zone offense with shitty play calling out of shittier formations! Hello Todd! The 50's want their power T formation back! Yeah good effing job draw everyone into the tackle box and then trying to power it in by handing to a back lined up 7 yards behind the los! Yeah Ben's fault!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Butler should have been fired in the middle of the game for that pitiful defensive scheme. Didn't even give us a chance to win.

I don't understand - did we not watch ANY film of the Patriots when we were coming up with a game plan? Have we never played them before? Or are our coaches really that dense that they still don't get how this works?

Nope - 3-man rush, soft zone. Enjoy your offseason.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

BB

What game did you watch? That pass to Coates was PERFECT! It went right off of his hands. Ben was right on target for most of the game.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

BB

Rodgers sucked too.

Tomlin in is a top 5 coach and Ben is a top 5 QB. Problem is they were playing the best QB and arguably the best coach of all time. Not enough. No scheme change. Just more of the same butt whoopin they always get from the Pats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    What game did you watch? That pass to Coates was PERFECT! It went right off of his hands. Ben was right on target for most of the game.
    Agree. That pass went right though his hands.

Member Array title="SteelerCountry58 has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerCountry58's Avatar

Yeah gotta go Butler and the wideouts. Bell got hurt but he wasn't doing squat anyway.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I'll just give it to the entire team, poor performance, coaching outclassed, defense giving up wide open plays all game, offense had trouble finding it's way

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

It usually comes down to a play or 2 and even though this was a runaway, I think a few plays turned the game and forced us into mistakes later.
    Missed xtra point
    1st and goal from the 1 foot line and settle for 3
    fumble by Brady, call stands. Instead of our ball inside Pats territory, they drive down and tack on 3 more
    No pressure most of the night
    Refs didn't show up. And I mean, I think they took the night off. Hardly any penalties on either team. Pats DB's apparently are now allowed to face guard. Saw at least 4 PI's like this and none called. In fact, no penalties on Pats until garbage time. Laughable. I saw Harrison get tackled, exact same play as KC, no call.

Obviously it turned into a route, but game and playcalling is different when it's a 1 or 2 score game.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    Yeah gotta go Butler and the wideouts. Bell got hurt but he wasn't doing squat anyway.
    He got hurt on the first play of the game, even though he stayed in for a while basically he was done right at the start. Would he have made a difference?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Coaches. This is all on them.

Brown played with passion once it was already decided, Bell pussied out, and Ben tried to do too much as usual once it got out of hand.

At this point the Steelers should offer Josh McDaniels head coaching money to come here and run our offense. I mean he knows how to draw up schemes that get even second rate receivers WIDE THE FUCK OPEN.

This loss is all on our shitty coaches.

My goats go to the entire coaching staff. How the HELL can you come into a game against the Patriots with the same f'ing game plan that's never worked in the past? smfh

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    He got hurt on the first play of the game, even though he stayed in for a while basically he was done right at the start. Would he have made a difference?
    Where did you hear that? (Not challenging the information, just wondering where it came from. If he did, that would explain quite a bit concerning Bell.)

Senior Member Array title="Terrapinstation is on a distinguished road">

Tomlin is the goat, like he is every year. Maybe next year you'll 'unleash hell'. I'd settle for having your team remotely prepared for a game once in a while. I give up on you even trying to keep control of your team. Maybe you can get another photo op with Harrison before he retires.

Haley. 3rd and 1, you call a bomb. 3rd and 5, you call a bomb. 3rd and a **** hair from the goal line, you don't call a QB sneak.

Butler. I don't even know what to say. I just remember the 3rd and 1, Artie Burns was lined up 10 yards off of Hogan. Brady looked over, threw him a screen, and he gained 8 yards. How many times can that happen over and over and over again before you wise up and make an adjustment? We'll never know.

Coates. you suck. I don't necessarily blame you for sucking, but you do. If this guy is your #5 WR, so be it. If he's your #2 or 3, you aren't a contender. Never in my life have i seen a guy drop so many balls in one game.

Brown. I get it. You're cool. You're a superstar. you have some sick dance moves. Guess what you don't have? A ring. Way to show up after you humiliated yourself, your coach, and your team last week.

Pretty much everyone else sucked too. Ben was actually decent. Everyone else sucked. Whatever. Next year will be the same.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Butler. Lebeau's zone defense blows.

Why should Bellicheat/Marsha do anything different? Same shit different toilet.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Defense.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Tomlin in is a top 5 coach and Ben is a top 5 QB. Problem is they were playing the best QB and arguably the best coach of all time. Not enough. No scheme change. Just more of the same butt whoopin they always get from the Pats.
    All very true, but Brady is NOT the best QB of all time and it's not even close. Belichick, despite being an in-game scumbag, definitely is in the conversation on the coaching side. I was going to say that showed tonight, except he didn't even have to really DO anything besides show up and watch us throw the game away.

No joke, Belichick must have been thinking "Again? These guys still don't get it after 12 years and they're still trying the same shit that didn't work every other time we played? Lol, OK, I'll take it - thanks very much!"
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Ben was the only guy that came to play today. He played well enough to keep them in it if he got any help at all.

On the throw to Coates. Watch the play again. Coates slowed down just before the ball got there because he misplayed it in the air, and then had to reach for a perfectly thrown pass that he still should have caught. Coates slowed slightly on a deep pass to the end zone in the third quarter that he also didn't go all out for. It went off his hands but he should have caught it easily if he ran all out. Again, he misjudged the ball.

That's all on Coates.

Cobi Hamilton dropped a perfectly thrown ball into his belly that should have been a touchdown. He later ran out of bounds on his own and caught the ball illegally for a touchdown, but was called back because he screwed up when he stepped out of bounds. He had a few other mistakes as well.

That's on Hamilton

Eli Rogers played hard today. I loved his effort, but his fumble was big.

Bell went out with groin injury early.

They couldn't run the ball.

The offensive line was disappointing.

The defensive game plan was embarrassing. It had almost zero chance to work. It was not a professional effort from the coaching staff tonight defensively. How Butler and Tomlin continued to play zone when they were getting ripped a new asshole the entire game is beyond sad. Even if they just mixed some man in certain situations to surprise them a bit or force a perfect throw, I could live with it. What they did was a complete embarrassment from a coaching perspective.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Again this team came to NE flat in the head. Sammie Coates is a walking stiff. He runs like a 2x10 with his arms strapped to his body.

Senior Member Array title="WCSteeler is on a distinguished road">

Probably Harrisons last NFL game and it ended in a bad way.
    Tomlin was outcoached and Ben played decent but not like a Top 5 or even top 10 QB would perform, Ben missed badly on quite a few very routine passes and it never EVER amazes me how the defense can revert back to their old ways so quickly....missed tackles (tons of them).
    It was a totally team collapse coaches included.

Here's my goats

1. Todd Haley. First and goal from the 1. You go to the 1950's for your formation and line up in a tight T, drawing both safeties and corners into the tackle box. You hand to your back lined up 7 yards deep on both first and second down. Way to tip your hand Todd!

Still Todd. Missing your All Pro back. But still run on virtually every first down in the second half putting your offense in 2nd and long for the duration of the game until it was too late!

Hell even after all that with the game mostly decided we get a first and goal from the 5. So what do you do? Still absent your all pro back, of course you run on first and second down, not letting Ben have a chance until 3rd down ( where dumb ass 83 runs himself ineligible)

Keith Butler. Yeah just keeping running zone defense. Don't press ever or try to disrupt them off the line! Patriots owned you, especially on 3rd down! Stupid game plan!

Mike Tomlin. You surrendered the game when you punted from the Patriots 40 on 4th and 7 with the score 20-9. Give the offense a chance to sustain the drive. Once you punted you just knew they'd drive the field and make it a 3 score game.