Thread: Why is Madonna not arrested?

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Why is Madonna not arrested?

Anyone who makes the comment bout blowing up the white house should be arrested.

I would LOVE it if she were at least taken to the station for questioning like the common folk would be.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Why is Madonna not arrested?

She should at least be paid a visit by the Secret Service...

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Because she's a liberal celebrity.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Paging Secret Service! Madonna’s Fantasized About Blowing Up The White House…

Madonna, the has-been pop star, has been struggling to stay relevant for a while now. Just as her plastic surgeon is struggling to keep stretching her skin while maintaining her resemblance to a humanoid. Fine lines. There’s not much that’s funnier than watching a borderline senior citizen try to stay hip to what the youngsters are groovin’ to, am I right? Well, Madge has found herself a new hobby: thinking about blowing up the White House. For serious…

You have to appreciate the hilarity of the Material Girl mentioning a revolution of love and arson/treason/murder in the same speech. I guess those red Kaballah bracelets are no longer edgy enough. Now, it’s terrorism that’s in vogue. See what I did there?

Of course had a conservative or a conservative poser, even hinted about blowing up the White House, the media and probably Secret Service would’ve descended upon them like gravity is descending on Madonna’s overly-stretched pores. But since Madge here is a leftist feminist who offers blow jobs for votes, no worries. She’s just playing, y’all. Don’t get your thongs in a twist.

Don’t worry about Madonna, though. Because being a sociopath ought to get her a VIP pass into the social justice circles. No more promising oral pleasure in exchange for attention. Has-been status officially transcended.

This Women’s March has been like a gift from the comedy gods. Madonna outed herself as a would-be terrorist and Ashley Judd made her slam poetry debut. But, we would be committing a great dishonor if we didn’t give a shout out to the original twisted bee-yotch who made this whole movement possible. Lena Dunham.

http://louderwithcrowder.com/madonna-bomb-white-house/

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    Anyone who makes the comment bout blowing up the white house should be arrested..
    That pesky First Amendment, not because she is a liberal celebrity, complicates matters

No, Madonna’s ‘I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House’ isn’t a threat of violence

First Amendment law — and common sense — has long realized that not every reference to violence, even related to the president, is a true threat....

The classic example is U.S. v. Watts (1969), in which Watts was prosecuted for threatening Lyndon B. Johnson’s life:

“They always holler at us to get an education. And now I have already received my draft classification as 1-A and I have got to report for my physical this Monday coming. I am not going. If they ever make me carry a rifle the first man I want to get in my sights is L.B.J.” “They are not going to make me kill my black brothers.” On the basis of this statement, the jury found that petitioner had committed a felony by knowingly and willfully threatening the President.

The Supreme Court reversed the conviction:

We do not believe that the kind of political hyperbole indulged in by petitioner fits within [the term “threat"]…. The language of the political arena … is often vituperative, abusive, and inexact. [Watts’] only offense here was “a kind of very crude offensive method of stating a political opposition to the President.” Taken in context, and regarding the expressly conditional nature of the statement and the reaction of the listeners, we do not see how it could be interpreted otherwise….

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3503ad455130

Of course common sense has departed from political discourse by some people on both sides in this country for some time so maybe Jeff Sessions will order the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia to seek an indictment

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

It would be "sexist" to arrest her

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Maybe she has turrets syndrome?

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="CapLovesTroyP43 is a jewel in the rough"> CapLovesTroyP43's Avatar

I guess the Secret Service IS going to look into it after all. Throw her sleazy ass in jail and be done with her!

"BIG MEN AND BIG BLADES OF GRASS"

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I've read that there is an open investigation into scag bag
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    That pesky First Amendment, not because she is a liberal celebrity, complicates matters

No, Madonna’s ‘I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House’ isn’t a threat of violence

First Amendment law — and common sense — has long realized that not every reference to violence, even related to the president, is a true threat....

The classic example is U.S. v. Watts (1969), in which Watts was prosecuted for threatening Lyndon B. Johnson’s life:

“They always holler at us to get an education. And now I have already received my draft classification as 1-A and I have got to report for my physical this Monday coming. I am not going. If they ever make me carry a rifle the first man I want to get in my sights is L.B.J.” “They are not going to make me kill my black brothers.” On the basis of this statement, the jury found that petitioner had committed a felony by knowingly and willfully threatening the President.

The Supreme Court reversed the conviction:

We do not believe that the kind of political hyperbole indulged in by petitioner fits within [the term “threat"]…. The language of the political arena … is often vituperative, abusive, and inexact. [Watts’] only offense here was “a kind of very crude offensive method of stating a political opposition to the President.” Taken in context, and regarding the expressly conditional nature of the statement and the reaction of the listeners, we do not see how it could be interpreted otherwise….

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3503ad455130

Of course common sense has departed from political discourse by some people on both sides in this country for some time so maybe Jeff Sessions will order the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia to seek an indictment
    I don't know, AD, seems to me that "Thinking long and hard about blowing up the White house" is not the same thing. It shows forethought for a possible crime and, in today's terms, a terrorist act. Today, when I can be put on a terrorist watch list for something as simple as someone thinking I might have terrorist tendencies and thus, reporting it, Madonna admitting she has literally thought about blowing up the White house should, at the very least, get her on no-fly lists, and probably get her sitting in front of the Secret Service and explaining herself.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I don't know, AD, seems to me that "Thinking long and hard about blowing up the White house" is not the same thing. It shows forethought for a possible crime and, in today's terms, a terrorist act. Today, when I can be put on a terrorist watch list for something as simple as someone thinking I might have terrorist tendencies and thus, reporting it, Madonna admitting she has literally thought about blowing up the White house should, at the very least, get her on no-fly lists, and probably get her sitting in front of the Secret Service and explaining herself.
    I would niot be surprised if in today's "if you see something, say something" environment she will be contacted - the idea you cannot rhetorically but not actually hope for harm to the chief executive probably would be appalling to our founding fathers but those times are not our times

If law enforcement wants to get in a PR fight with Madonna good luck - anyone who has been a major celebrity for over 30 years has the skills and money to bite back - this is not like going after some blogger living in his parents' basement

But as a matter of constitutional law any actual prosecution would be pretty much bullshit for anyone who could retain competent defense counsel - she can

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Remove her celebrity status, aka ANYONE else in that crowd making that statement, and the person gets arrested before the day is out.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    Because she's a liberal celebrity.
    Bingo!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    Remove her celebrity status, aka ANYONE else in that crowd making that statement, and the person gets arrested before the day is out.
    If she was a conservative and Trump was a liberal, she would have been visited by the Secret Service.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Bingo!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

If she was a conservative and Trump was a liberal, she would have been visited by the Secret Service.
    And targeted by the AG, IRS, and deemed a villain non-stop by the left-wing media