Thread: 5 Reasons Steelers can Beat Patriots*

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

5 Reasons Steelers can Beat Patriots*

Funny how they mention it is important that "Good Ben" shows up.

I truly feel there are two different Ben's.

Here are five reasons the Steelers can beat the Patriots in the AFC title game

History has not been kind to the Steelers during the Tom Brady era, and on the surface, there's little reason to expect that to change Sunday in the AFC Championship Game....

So how can the Steelers go into Gillette Stadium and pull off the near-impossible? Let's talk about that.

THE STEELERS ARE 7-0 IN THE POSTSEASON WHEN ROETHLISBERGER THROWS FOR FEWER THAN 225 YARDS. THEY'RE 0-3 WHEN HE THROWS FOR MORE THAN 300 YARDS...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/he...fc-title-game/
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Re: 5 Reasons Steelers can Beat Patriots*

It goes...

Villanueva Foster Pouncey Decastro Gilbert

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I got a good feeling about this game. And usually I tend to be fatalistic. I think the Kansas City game was the squeezing your asshole game. I think the Steelers will go into this game feeling as though they're playing with house money. And without Gronk I really don't see this as much of a mystery, the Steelers are the better team. If the Steelers don't beat themselves ( and they wont this game) then they'll run away with it at the end. Steelers 31-17.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I got a good feeling about this game. And usually I tend to be fatalistic. I think the Kansas City game was the squeezing your asshole game. I think the Steelers will go into this game feeling as though they're playing with house money. And without Gronk I really don't see this as much of a mystery, the Steelers are the better team. If the Steelers don't beat themselves ( and they wont this game) then they'll run away with it at the end. Steelers 31-17.
    Damn, sure in the hell hope you are right on everything....especially the score. It would be soooooo nice to sit, relax with a drink and not have the ole' ass puckered for hours !

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    This would make me happy...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Here are my five reasons:

5) Opening drive rushing TD by Bell.
    4) Passing TD to AB.
    3) Passing TD to Rogers.
    2) Pick-six by Gay.
    1) Victory formation to run out the clock.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

No Boz FG?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Here are five more reasons...

5. MUST
    4. WINE.
    3. CAN
    2. NO
    1. LOSE!!!

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LloydWoodson View Post
    It goes...

Villanueva Foster Pouncey Decastro Gilbert
    Yeah, I agree with this. New England isn't the team that their reputation would lead you to think. Their o-line is weak in the middle, so they won't be able to establish a running game and we'll be able to collapse the pocket. Plus no Gronk. Their TE game isn't nearly as good without him. If Brady has to scramble around and play "Ben- style" ball, he'll be at a huge disadvantage.
    On the flip- side, they haven't been good at stopping the run, and they're about to face the best o-line and ground game in the business.

I never bet on football games, but if I did my money would be on Pittsburgh this week. I think the Steelers are the superior team in this matchup.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Here are five more reasons...

5. MUST
    4. WINE.
    3. CAN
    2. NO
    1. LOSE!!!

#Winner

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

when's the last time this team made it look easy. Even in the Buffalo game which was statistically about as one sided as it gets, Ben kept giving them hope with easy turnovers. I would love a 2-3 score cushion and a feeling of comfort, but I don't see it.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerchad View Post
    when's the last time this team made it look easy. Even in the Buffalo game which was statistically about as one sided as it gets, Ben kept giving them hope with easy turnovers. I would love a 2-3 score cushion and a feeling of comfort, but I don't see it.
    Look at Psychoward 86's signature

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

I have a good feeling about this game too, i usually dont, but oddly this one i do!

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with this. New England isn't the team that their reputation would lead you to think. Their o-line is weak in the middle, so they won't be able to establish a running game and we'll be able to collapse the pocket. Plus no Gronk. Their TE game isn't nearly as good without him. If Brady has to scramble around and play "Ben- style" ball, he'll be at a huge disadvantage.
    On the flip- side, they haven't been good at stopping the run, and they're about to face the best o-line and ground game in the business.

I never bet on football games, but if I did my money would be on Pittsburgh this week. I think the Steelers are the superior team in this matchup.
    Where does this stuff come from??? They are 3rd in the league against the run this year and haven't given up a 100-yard game all year. In fact I think I heard that it has been about 24 games in a row since a RB has had even 90 yards on them. Let's not fool ourselves. Run defense is not a weakness of the Patriots.