Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This Team Is Going To Be Legendary After Beating The Pats!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: This Team Is Going To Be Legendary After Beating The Pats!

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Maybe they are just showing their Method of Love.
    Lol WTF does that mean ? Anyhow lets not ruin a great day for America with nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps get it and fans of all personalities and cool with it even though I don't agree.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Oh and not here to fight with any members and love ya all cause your Steeler fans. Not my reason for joining! Go Steelers!

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Lol WTF does that mean ? Anyhow lets not ruin a great day for America with nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps get it and fans of all personalities and cool with it even though I don't agree.
    You made the Hall and Oates reference, I figured you would get it. I guess I'm too old.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Maybe they are just showing their Method of Love.
    At least we can all agree that Brady is a bitch girl.

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I'm an optimistic Steelers fan. But man when you reach the final four of the tournament you have to understand that you're playing a very good team and can lose the game. I could completely understand anybody looking at this game and thinking that the Steelers are going to lose the game. It's very understandable.

People that say that they have no chance are the fans that are difficult to understand.
    I don't begrudge them that, either. Different people have their own ways and none of it affects the outcome of the game. What I *do* mind is people screaming to have the team dismantled after every bad game or disappointing season. "Fire (insert name here)" can have an effect on the team if enough people yell it, and it's a terrible effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    At least we can all agree that Brady is a bitch girl.

Oh, what the hell....
    Tomorrow he'll get some adult education.
    /so ashamed
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I don't begrudge them that, either. Different people have their own ways and none of it affects the outcome of the game. What I *do* mind is people screaming to have the team dismantled after every bad game or disappointing season. "Fire (insert name here)" can have an effect on the team if enough people yell it, and it's a terrible effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, what the hell....
    Tomorrow he'll get some adult education.
    /so ashamed

I agree with you. Much of the success that this organization has had is because of the continuity they have within the organization and the coaching staff.

The Steelers have a model that they have developed and followed for several decades:

Choose quality people to coach. Support those people by having a rock-solid, reliable organization behind them. Expectations of success and conduct are demanded. They provide quality talent to the coaching staff with an incredible scouting department that is ultimately orchestrated and coordinated by the GM and the ultimate decisions are made by a select few. Everyone works together, and there is input and cooperation between the many levels of the operation towards a singular goal....Winning championships.

On top of that, the organization doesn't overreact to things and they absorb the ups and downs of football, without clear cutting coaches and staff.

Their model works. Fans that doubt that have been proven wrong by the fact that the Steelers have won more super bowls than any other franchise in the NFL over a period of more than four decades.

The fans that scream for someone's head on a play to play basis from the quarterback, to the head coach, to the owners selling the team are ridiculous.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Not sure that top to bottom Steelers roster is better. More stars, but Pats secondary players are likely better and more experienced. Steelers roster is about a year away from totally outclassing them on paper. This game is about which roster can execute flawlessly. Wanna bet on which team does that?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Why not now?!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Say what you want I aint scared, bring on the cheats and lets move on to the next game.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Why not now?!
    Don't yet trust the secondary to not get caught thinking instead of reading and reacting. Across the front 7, they are just so thin due to injury. I have visions of Blount just hammering away at that front wall. Then Tuitt and Harrison have to take a breather. Then Pats hit you with Dion Lewis against Jarvis Jones, Walton, and Matthews. Or even stay with Blount and he does what CJ ANderson did against an exhausted front in Denver last year.

No established complementary players on offense. Anyone aside from Bell and AB still has serious communication and expectation issues with Roethlisberger that have led to multiple turnovers and failed 3rd down conversions over the course of the season. Rogers, Ayers, James, Hamilton, etc can all be good NFL players, but need an off-season worth of reps before they can establish the level of rapport with Roethlisberger and familiarity with the offense needed to take the next step.

This team is not perfect, but I am confident that the steelers will at least give a fight to the patriots....No Gronk for the Patriots too.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Don't yet trust the secondary to not get caught thinking instead of reading and reacting. Across the front 7, they are just so thin due to injury. I have visions of Blount just hammering away at that front wall. Then Tuitt and Harrison have to take a breather. Then Pats hit you with Dion Lewis against Jarvis Jones, Walton, and Matthews. Or even stay with Blount and he does what CJ ANderson did against an exhausted front in Denver last year.

No established complementary players on offense. Anyone aside from Bell and AB still has serious communication and expectation issues with Roethlisberger that have led to multiple turnovers and failed 3rd down conversions over the course of the season. Rogers, Ayers, James, Hamilton, etc can all be good NFL players, but need an off-season worth of reps before they can establish the level of rapport with Roethlisberger and familiarity with the offense needed to take the next step.
    IDK our Defense seems to have been doing pretty well against the run, I don't see why you are so concerned. Yes I saw James on the sideline late in last week's game but that's not every game. The secondary hasn't been to shaby either.

As for offense we have been doing pretty well with Ben, Bell and Brown and the others are complimentary. Last week "The Outlaw" had a decent showing. I have seen Eli and others shine as well. Hell last week we only punted once. yeah we are missing a few pieces this year, but we do what we do with who we have and so far that's been doing just fine. NOBODY has stopped Bell all post season long and I don't see the pats being able to do it either.

Hell when we lost to the cowboys I called this team average at best, but I have changed my mind since then. They made changes on Defense and it has improved this team. We have the Mojo even though we haven't really blown other teams out, but that's just the Steelers way. It will definitely put your heart to the test.

Ben may not be perfect but I still BELIEVE!!! and in Ben I Trust!!! He comes through when he needs to and this team responds to him when he does.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Not sure that top to bottom Steelers roster is better. More stars, but Pats secondary players are likely better and more experienced. Steelers roster is about a year away from totally outclassing them on paper. This game is about which roster can execute flawlessly. Wanna bet on which team does that?
    I'm not sure that I agree.

AB > Edelman
    Bell > Blount, Lewis

Steelers O-line > Taperiots O-line

Tuitt > any of those guys
    Shazier > Hightower
    Timmons > any of their LBs
    Harrison > Ninkovich
    Dupree > McClellin

The second/third WRs are basically a wash.

Their secondary has played together for a few years, and like the O-line, that is actually more important than talent.

They have the better TEs. Gronk is out, but regardless, Bennett is better than the Outlaw.

I'll give them Brady over BB (as much as it pains me to say). But, that is not a significant advantage.

ANALYSIS:
    The Taperiots might be deeper, but I'd rather have one Tuitt than five ho-hum DEs. Yes, the Taperiots can rotate at DE/DT, but I'll take the splash play ability of Tuitt over that group any day. Now, as you said, if Tuitt comes off for a breather, the Taperiots can take advantage. But, for 75% of the game, the Steelers have the advantage.

Likewise, the Taperiots can spread the field with Chris Hogan clones, but they don't have a receiver that warrants a double-team (like AB does). I'll take AB ten times out of ten.

SUMMATION:
    Admittedly, the Steelers are younger, and thus, they have higher peaks & valleys... but, some of those peaks are Everest-esque. There is not one player on the Taperiots roster who can match the splash play potential of AB and/or Bell.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

The time for talking has passed. I believe the "Mach V" are going to set the tone from the start of this contest . Plowing and grading the way for Bell to produce clock chewing drives that will keep the Brady Bunch off the field. I believe that when needed Ben will find the right receiver to convert the third down into yet another first down to keep the clock rolling.
    I believe our effective blend of seasoned vets and simmering youth on defense will be more than enough to produce a savory
    victory we will all relish.
    I believe that the table has been set and the team we have waited to see take the field and dominate and leave no questions who the superior squad in the A.F.C. is,will satisfy the nation.
    I believe today is only a very tasty appetizer on the menu leading up to the main course to be served up in Houston at a later date.
    I believe in the visitors 29-17. The reason is quite simple really...........i am a "believer" !!!!!!!

GO STEELERS !!!!!!!
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Fire Alarm in the Steelers hotel goes off at exactly 3AM leading to the evacuation of the hotel? Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    The time for talking has passed. I believe the "Mach V" are going to set the tone from the start of this contest . Plowing and grading the way for Bell to produce clock chewing drives that will keep the Brady Bunch off the field. I believe that when needed Ben will find the right receiver to convert the third down into yet another first down to keep the clock rolling.
    I believe our effective blend of seasoned vets and simmering youth on defense will be more than enough to produce a savory
    victory we will all relish.
    I believe that the table has been set and the team we have waited to see take the field and dominate and leave no questions who the superior squad in the A.F.C. is,will satisfy the nation.
    I believe today is only a very tasty appetizer on the menu leading up to the main course to be served up in Houston at a later date.
    I believe in the visitors 29-17. The reason is quite simple really...........i am a "believer" !!!!!!!

GO STEELERS !!!!!!!
    HELL YEAH I'M A BELIEVER!

I think the Steelers can win just not sure they will. Was mostly trying to explain my thinking that they are a year away from being an NFL destroying roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Steelers can win just not sure they will. Was mostly trying to explain my thinking that they are a year away from being an NFL destroying roster.

A team does not need to be perfect to win a super bowl.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Makes sense.

You are saying, "Next season: 19-0." (I agree 100%.)

I get where you're coming from. :-)

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Same feeling I have I think they can win but I don't think they will do it. Not on the road.

Legendary? They are a legendary footnote in the Patriots stepping stones to "greatness". Spygate, deflategate, then all their bitches: Dolphins, Bills, Jets, Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Legendary? They are a legendary footnote in the Patriots stepping stones to "greatness". Spygate, deflategate, then all their bitches: Dolphins, Bills, Jets, Steelers.
    Can't wait to run your mouth even before the game is over to show off. You my friend are a true ass and not a fan!

Can't wait to run your mouth even before the game is over to show off. You my friend are a true ass and not a fan!
    Lol. It's not so much runnin my mouth...so much as the truth. Truth hurts. Stay classy with the name calling. Wouldn't expect anything less outta someone of your nature.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Being a realist doesn't make someone any less of a fan.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

They were legendary alright.

Legendarily bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Lol. It's not so much runnin my mouth...so much as the truth. Truth hurts. Stay classy with the name calling. Wouldn't expect anything less outta someone of your nature.
    I called it wrong and admit but glad I'm optimistic either way. Ps again go fuck yourself loser and get over you hard on for me. Take your little South Park Ben avatar and shove it up your ass!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    They were legendary alright.

Legendarily bad.
    Beyond horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

I lost a lot of respect for this team all around.

I called it wrong and admit but glad I'm optimistic either way. Ps again go fuck yourself loser and get over you hard on for me. Take your little South Park Ben avatar and shove it up your ass!

- - - Updated - - -

Beyond horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

I lost a lot of respect for this team all around.
    lol.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Let's reign it in guys. A little leeway today because emotions are running high, but let's keep it respectful.