Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Team Is Going To Be Legendary After Beating The Pats!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

This Team Is Going To Be Legendary After Beating The Pats!

No fault to other great Steeler teams in the past and in my opinion would have smoke the Pats. Not there fault Pats wasn't good enough teams then to last to play the Steelers! Finally we get them and at home and all the better!

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Re: This Team Is Going To Be Legendary After Beating The Pats!

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    No fault to other great Steeler teams in the past and in my opinion would have smoke the Pats. Not there fault Pats wasn't good enough teams then to last to play the Steelers! Finally we get them and at home and all the better!
    I like your positive attitude...settles my nerves somewhat

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

I have a generally good feeling about the game as well. I expect the Pats to scheme well, but at some point, talent will take over. That's what I am looking for. It has all the markings of a game for the ages.

Dissolv

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

I love the attitude of the whole Steelers team this season. Against the Ravens (who had won 4 straight against the Steelers) the team said "We don't care about the past, we care about this opportunity." It is the same mindset going into this game, "The past doesn't matter. We care about this opportunity." This might end up looking like the Christmas game; As Dissolv said, eventually, "talent will take over."

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    I like your positive attitude...settles my nerves somewhat

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Why I joined the board cause of the negativity back then and had faith. I have even more faith now. Ben is fired up and wants this one too and trust me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dissolv View Post
    I have a generally good feeling about the game as well. I expect the Pats to scheme well, but at some point, talent will take over. That's what I am looking for. It has all the markings of a game for the ages.

Dissolv
    Pretty much it and the play makers are going to win it.

We got this! I never heard Ben fired up so much in years this week. Fitting he said wish I could be out there to play against Brady early on and how it bothered him. I knew he would have his chance when it counted and think he knew it. I think the Pats and media woke the sleeping giant in Ben!

- - - Updated - - -

Ps can't remember the poster on this board who said this is a special team. He was on the money and believe it. They are and the feeling has been in the air since AB's stretch TD.

For I call it a night who the F are the Pats to be so feared ? They play each year in a division with the Bills, Jets and Miami. Then are lucky enough to get a bye and face another team in a horrible division this year with a worthless QB. Sorry other then the media hype each year, what is to be scared of ? Like I said in my first post, not past Steelers teams fault not whooping there ass. They got beat and knocked out by teams Pitt dominated the following week.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Does anyone know where the Pats rank against the run?

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
    Tied for 3rd best. http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-n=1

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

If we beat the Pats*, the media and the rest of the NFL fans will have some excuse to whine about. There will be some bad call or controversial play that will make the win "illegitimate" to the Brady* lovers...it will be like the presidential election all over again.

Book it.

Russia hacked the NFL!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    If we beat the Pats*, the media and the rest of the NFL fans will have some excuse to whine about. There will be some bad call or controversial play that will make the win "illegitimate" to the Brady* lovers...it will be like the presidential election all over again.

Book it.

Russia hacked the NFL!
    You mean like the "Tuck Rule?"

We hear that crap whenever the Steelers win anyway, so what's the difference?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Who has more questionable shit in the history of the NFL than the "Assholes"?

You can make a claim against every championship they have won based on their history of cheating and the "Tuck Rule".

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
    #3 in the regular season, but the quality of the opponents kind of affects those numbers.
    Postseason play among the remaining teams looks like this:
    1) Steelers 57 yds/gm
    2) Falcons 101
    3) Packers 104
    4) Patriots 105

Other categories:

Pass defense

1) Patriots 180 yds/gm
    2) Falcons 208
    3) Steelers 210
    4) Packers 293

Total defense

1) Steelers 266 yds/gm
    2) Patriots 285
    3) Falcons 309
    4) Packers 397

Offense
    Passing
    1) Packers 329 yds/gm
    2) Falcons 323
    3) Patriots 279
    4) Steelers 203

Rushing

1) Steelers 175 yds/gm
    2) Falcons 99
    3) Patriots 98
    4) Packers 81

Total offense
    1) Falcons 422 yds/gm
    2) Packers 410
    3) Steelers 378
    4) Patriots 377
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

Book it.

Russia hacked the NFL!
    No Ifs and when we do yep too funny and expect all that after.

- - - Updated - - -

They hate us and we hate them, Will be Amazing holding the AFC trophy at the end in their own house! Besides we held enough in our own house.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Beating the cheats is not my goal winning the Super Bowl is. Legendary comes with winning the Super bowl.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Beating the cheats is not my goal winning the Super Bowl is. Legendary comes with winning the Super bowl.
    Legendary is a high hurdle - subject to certain exceptions such as the 85 Bears IMO this is a good definition

“There are two categories for Super Bowl participants that nobody remembers,” said Steelers Defensive End Dwight White in the Super Bowl 10 America’s Game documentary. “One, the team that lost the game; and two, the team that only won one.”
    Last edited by AtlantaDan; 01-19-2017 at 08:50 AM.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

This Team Is Going To Be Legendary After Beating The Pats!

It's gonna be close but it will wind up being the same old story...Ben will throw an interception near the end, the Pats will capitalize and the final score will wind up 34-21 or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It's gonna be close but it will wind up being the same old story...Ben will throw an interception near the end, the Pats will capitalize and the final score will wind up 34-21 or something like that.
    And crow eating after a big Steelers win is the best meal of all.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I just think the steelers are on a mission and, they are finally due to beat the cheats. Everything is coming together!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I'll eat it happily!!! I did for the Chiefs, I'll do it for this game. I just cant see Tomlin and his 1-5 record against the Pats beating them in NE. I can't see the Steelers defense stopping Brady and the offense playing error free to win. Yes it's pessimistic, but I've been through these NE games many times before...lol.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

OMG!!! DA STEALERZ PAYED DA RUSKIES TO HAK US!!!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'll eat it happily!!! I did for the Chiefs, I'll do it for this game. I just cant see Tomlin and his 1-5 record against the Pats beating them in NE. I can't see the Steelers defense stopping Brady and the offense playing error free to win. Yes it's pessimistic, but I've been through these NE games many times before...lol.
    i give us a 40% chance. But I'm clinging to that 40%!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Sorry bro but your negative is unreal take it to a Cinci forum. Sorry bro and was meant for 86Ward and board froze on me.

You are entitled to your opinion but really man why are you even here ? To root against your favorite team every week ?

Sorry bro but your negative is unreal take it to a Cinci forum. Sorry bro and was meant for 86Ward and board froze on me.
    Nah...history shows it doesn't bode well for Pittsburgh in New England. Sorry if I'm not a rah, rah guy that gets overly excited. I like to keep in check.

Ps I also know you are the one who started the fire Mike Tomlin thread. Why ain't I surprised?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah...history shows it doesn't bode well for Pittsburgh in New England. Sorry if I'm not a rah, rah guy that gets overly excited. I like to keep in check.
    Okay I hope all your post are in a sarcastic nature and if not. Again why are you even here dude ?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyhow to each there own and have a great day Bro.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I agree. But there is one thing to consider. Basically no one is the same on either roster since the last playoff match-up. So how much does "history" play in to it?

For what it is worth, I got a pretty bad feeling about this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I agree. But there is one thing to consider. Basically no one is the same on either roster since the last playoff match-up. So how much does "history" play in to it?

For what it is worth, I got a pretty bad feeling about this game.
    The Brady/Belichick thing hasn't changed. That obviously scares me the most. On paper, the Steelers should win this game easily IMO. But they have to play the games...

Ps I also know you are the one who started the fire Mike Tomlin thread. Why ain't I surprised?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I hope all your post are in a sarcastic nature and if not. Again why are you even here dude ?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyhow to each there own and have a great day Bro.
    If you were here for more than 5 minutes, maybe I'd take your comments to heart...lol.

You are entitled to your opinion but really man why are you even here ? To root against your favorite team every week ?
    Show me where I am rooting against the Steelers every week. Just because I make a prediction or don't have a good feeling about a game is rooting against "my team"? Lol.