Thread: NFC game

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

NFC game

I like Atlanta's chances, but I'm just wondering who would be best for us to face. What say you ? Atlanta is hot right now, but Roger's is just so unpredictable with his passes.....3rd and 20 and he pick's up 30 easily. ugh

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: NFC game

Atlanta have a amazing offense(540 points this year) and they can win against the packers, but when you play against the packers, what is very frustrating when you play against them is the mobility of Rodgers.....Rodgers is great inside the pocket, but outside the pocket, he is not human!

Both defenses are very vulnerable, so both teams have a good chance of scoring at least 30 points once again(Atlanta won 33-32 in the regular season against GB).

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I would rather play the Falcons, no question. Yes, the falcons have the highest scoring offense in the league, yes they are the 8th highest scoring offense ever, but Rodgers is still the best QB in the league and he's white hot. Rodgers has ridiculous numbers in the playoffs. The only reason he doesnt have a better playoff record is due to unlucky circumstances like Kaepernick running for an all time QB rushing record and them scoring 40+ points...Playing the 49ers again but after missing half the season with a broken collarbone and coming back to that game in one of the coldest games ever...A crazy shootout with the cardinals like in 2009 where the cardinals scored like 50 points. Etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I like Atlanta to win at home. I also like our chances against the Falcons in the SB more than against Rodgers. Ryan is not mobile and we can get to him, plus he's not nearly as accurate as Rodgers. I feel that Brady and Rodgers are the 2 QBs that can pick us apart. Knock Ryan off his spot, and/or interrupt the Falcon WR early in the route and the play goes out of rhythm. It's their under rated run game that could be dangerous.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    I would rather play the Falcons, no question. Yes, the falcons have the highest scoring offense in the league, yes they are the 8th highest scoring offense ever, but Rodgers is still the best QB in the league and he's white hot. Rodgers has ridiculous numbers in the playoffs. The only reason he doesnt have a better playoff record is due to unlucky circumstances like Kaepernick running for an all time QB rushing record and them scoring 40+ points...Playing the 49ers again but after missing half the season with a broken collarbone and coming back to that game in one of the coldest games ever...A crazy shootout with the cardinals like in 2009 where the cardinals scored like 50 points. Etc.
    Thanks for proving my point about Rodgers and all the excuses that have historically been made for him.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post

The defense of Dom Capers in the playoffs is a disaster, with the exception of 2010.....That almost cost another playoffs games against Dallas last Sunday.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I'd rather it be the Falcons, because fuck the Packers. I don't want to hear any more about Golden Boy Rodgers, and I don't want to hear their fans go on and on for two weeks about how they're the REAL all-time best because of the time they won 16 championships at semi-pro rugby before electricity was invented and there were only like 5 teams. Seahawks fans are easily the worst and Patriots fans are #2, but Packers fans are real close behind.

Ugh. If we don't win this, there's a real good chance of another hope-for-the-meteor Super Bowl.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Ugh. If we don't win this, there's a real good chance of another hope-for-the-meteor Super Bowl.
    Oh God, a Brady/Rodgers slurpfest would probably far surpass all of the Brady/Manning slurpfests combined.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Brady/ Rodgers is what the NFL ESPN the Media wants. sooo we got that going against us. Almost remind me of 2005 when we faced Indi and Tony Dungy's sons died before and General public was on the Indi Colts train. Thats when fishy calls come into play, example Troy Polumalu's Int tumble roll fumble pick up that got called "Incomplete". We didn't fit the story line at the point Indi was what everyone wanted.

That being said, Falcons. No way do I want to face Rodgers he is the best in the league right now.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

NFC game

Why would the NFL want to hand the Super Bowl trophy and MVP trophy to Tom Brady after they suspended him for a quarter of the season for potentially cheating. They'd basically be taking a big FUCK YOU from the Patriots...lol.

I don't get the hate on Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I don't get the hate on Rodgers.
    Between the lame "championship belt" pantomime of his and the "we were the better team today" whine after losing a playoff game, there's plenty to dislike, IMO.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I'd rather it be the Falcons, because fuck the Packers. I don't want to hear any more about Golden Boy Rodgers, and I don't want to hear their fans go on and on for two weeks about how they're the REAL all-time best because of the time they won 16 championships at semi-pro rugby before electricity was invented and there were only like 5 teams. Seahawks fans are easily the worst and Patriots fans are #2, but Packers fans are real close behind.

Amen!!! I'm so f'ing tired of hearing about how great Rodgers is. I will be cheering hard for Atlanta on Saturday even though I feel that they definitely have the superior team. Their offense and defense are both better than the Packers.

If we don't win and the Falcons also lose, I won't be watching that SB.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Amen!!! I'm so f'ing tired of hearing about how great Rodgers is. I will be cheering hard for Atlanta on Saturday even though I feel that they definitely have the superior team. Their offense and defense are both better than the Packers.

If we don't win and the Falcons also lose, I won't be watching that SB.
    My feelings exactly ! If no Steeler's in SB, then my TV is off and football is done 'til August/Sept..

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I get being upset if the Steelers lose to a team or don't make the playoffs, SB, etc. But once I get past that, I don't get not watching amazing football players do amazing things?

Sure the media over-hypes certain teams and guys, but that's relatively easy to tune out. Brady is going to go down as the QB GOAT. Rodgers is making throws right now that no one else is making and very few are attempting. The two throws he made rolling to his left against the Cowboys were jaw dropping. He mad about a half dozen throws over the course of this season that few guys have the stones to even try - let alone pull off. Why would I deprive myself of seeing that just because the media are stupid and he plays on a different team? Of course if a guy is playing the Steelers I hope he has the worst game of his life!

Moving beyond QB's - we are all going to really glad we saw peak Adrian Peterson. Honestly not trying to pick a fight or even hint at the idea that any of you are not entitled to your opinion and to hold to it. I just can't wrap my head around it? I wish I could watch every game each week. Well maybe not all those Browns-Jags games - but screw who says what about who, these guys are doing just jaw-dropping stuff all the time. How can you not want to see that?

As they say Mojouw, 'to each his own'. Don't get upset, it's not worth it. Term 'amazing football players' is really a stretch in my book. But amazing to you apparently isn't amazing to me. But that's okay. As far as media goes, I don't pay too much attention to the talking sports heads, most are bafoons and don't know anymore about sports than most of us on this board. Alot of lucky guessing with most predictions. I try to watch college sports when I can after football, believe it or not, there are some really good, 'amazing', player's there too. I really haven't watched that much 'jaw' dropping stuff from the million dollar player's,..... oh wait, yea that moron who was face booking live from the locker room while the coach was talking the other day was a pretty good jaw dropping situation in my book. LOL

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    As they say Mojouw, 'to each his own'. Don't get upset, it's not worth it. Term 'amazing football players' is really a stretch in my book. But amazing to you apparently isn't amazing to me. But that's okay. As far as media goes, I don't pay too much attention to the talking sports heads, most are bafoons and don't know anymore about sports than most of us on this board. Alot of lucky guessing with most predictions. I try to watch college sports when I can after football, believe it or not, there are some really good, 'amazing', player's there too. I really haven't watched that much 'jaw' dropping stuff from the million dollar player's,..... oh wait, yea that moron who was face booking live from the locker room while the coach was talking the other day was a pretty good jaw dropping situation in my book. LOL
    Yeah. I wasn't trying to say you were wrong at all. It is an each his own kinda thing. I don't really think about what these guys get paid. I just am constantly impressed by what individuals can do. College sports are great as well. I like College basketball better than football, but both feature amazing players as well.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Between the lame "championship belt" pantomime of his and the "we were the better team today" whine after losing a playoff game, there's plenty to dislike, IMO.
    I'd have to disagree. I think that's just nitpicking. You could find stuff like that for any player...but I respect your dislike...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I'm rooting for the Falcons, because I'd simply prefer a new matchup (Falcons-Tapes or Falcons-Steelers).

Plus, during SuperBowl XLV, the Packers receivers were caught on tape making fun of a Troy Polamalu. So, eff them!!!

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

I want to beat Green Bay. Vengeance in the AFC Championship for 01 and 04 and vengeance in the Super Bowl for VLV.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I think the Packers will win by at least double digits. The Falcons defense is not good and Rodgers is on fire, so the Pack will put up at least 40. Plus I think Ryan will throw at least a couple picks and not be able to keep up

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I think the Packers will win by at least double digits. The Falcons defense is not good and Rodgers is on fire, so the Pack will put up at least 40. Plus I think Ryan will throw at least a couple picks and not be able to keep up
    Packers may win but by double digits would be a surprise to me.

Packers defense is not the 85 Bears either, which is why the over/under currently is 61 & 1/2
    http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Rodgers is great but by either standard measurements of total yards and points or DVOA the Falcons offense as a unit is superior to the Packers offense - Falcons offense has the productivity we had hoped the Steelers offense would have before injuries and suspensions kicked in.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/t...l/seasontype/2
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

Last team with the ball wins - I like the Falcons 34 - 31.

With a 3:05 p.m. kickoff, hopefully this game does not run over into the 6:40 p.m. Steelers-Pats kickoff

It'll be the Falcons. This is just an old fashioned ass whuppin'.

Well that and the Packers keep shooting themselves in the foot!