Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beating Brady

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Beating Brady

It's time for the Steelers to learn from our losses to Brady in the past.

Brady gets the ball out fast. He and his receivers are quick to find holes in the zones.

when we tried to blitz him in the past - he carved up the defense.

Here are the keys to beating Brady in my opinion.

1. Win time of possession. The less Brady has the ball, the better
    2. Get pressure with front 4, especially up the middle
    3. Play man to man coverage. Our DBs are faster than their receivers
    4. Watch the RB coming out of the back. Whatever they did against tyreek hill - they need to repeat
    5. Hit him. I would even risk a 15 yard roughing the passer penalty just so he feels some pain

my 2 cents.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Beating Brady

Ditch the LeBeau "tackle the catch" crap. Brady's strength isn't the home run ball anyway.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Play man coverage and rush 4 DL.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: rushing 4

As long as there's a mixture. It can't be the same four (Tuitt, Hargrave, Harrison, Dupree). Timmons & Shazier need to be involved.

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

You guys get it.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Man to man coverage is a must thats for sure.

On defense we need a big game out of Hargrave and Tuitt. Getting him off his spot

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Ditch the LeBeau "tackle the catch" crap. Brady's strength isn't the home run ball anyway.
    Agreed but Dick is the one to beat him playing man.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Break his leg.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Do what Houston did on defense. Run stunts up the middle. Brady thrives in the pocket. Take the pocket away and make him move. Once his pocket collapses he's the opposite of Aaron Rodgers when running and trying to throw. He makes mistakes.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColinCrashherd View Post
    How dare you question the coaches?

They are in the NFL, you aren't.
    Same questions as before. What is your goal with all this? A conversation or do you just like to pick fights because your basically a small minded jackass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I'm holding the rest of this forum to the same rules I am. If I get banned for ripping a moron OC? Then either A) ANY MEMBER CAN'T RIP ANY COACH or B) Send the coach haters on their way.

It's called consistency.
    Crash formation is that you coming back in here?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I'm holding the rest of this forum to the same rules I am. If I get banned for ripping a moron OC? Then either A) ANY MEMBER CAN'T RIP ANY COACH or B) Send the coach haters on their way.

It's called consistency.
    Those weren't my original questions. You refused to answer before and I'm certain you will refuse now.

No one cares if you rip Haley. It's hijacking every thread to do it while being consistently combative and disrespectful to dissenting or even differing points of view from your own.

You got booted because you are not a desirable member of an online community. Basically the same, from what I've been shown, reaction that your terrible persona gets on each and every message board and Twitter platform you show up on.

Wanna get a better reaction? Want people to hear your message - take the hunt and start trying to be a better person.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

You're nuts. I value opposing views and discussion.

But what I get is "You're not a fan CRASH" as soon as I dare question anything in regards to Haley or this team. Then I'll get my family members thrown into the discussion.

But yet, those same people, don't hold themselves to the same standards.

[/COLOR]

You're nuts. I value opposing views and discussion.

But what I get is "You're not a fan CRASH" as soon as I dare question anything in regards to Haley or this team. Then I'll get my family members thrown into the discussion.

But yet, those same people, don't hold themselves to the same standards.

[/COLOR]
    You don't even see the irony in the opening of this post? Your first instinct is to attack.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This fucking moron is back again? Well, not for long pal

Senior Member Array title="BigBen2004 will become famous soon enough">

Wanna beat him? I've got the prescription. It's pretty easy.
    BELL.

Feed him. All. Day. Long. Keep the ball out of Brady's hands.

They can stack the box, but our O-Line is good enough to open up holes. Bell is good enough to make something happen.

And if they stack the box? Lol. You'll allow man to man on AB. Good luck with that. You'll also open the middle of the field for our TEs.

No matter what the media says, I truly believe we are a matchup nightmare for NE. I like our chances. Call me crazy, but I just do. Let's get the damn monkey off our backs.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2004 View Post
    Wanna beat him? I've got the prescription. It's pretty easy.
    BELL.

Feed him. All. Day. Long. Keep the ball out of Brady's hands.

They can stack the box, but our O-Line is good enough to open up holes. Bell is good enough to make something happen.

And if they stack the box? Lol. You'll allow man to man on AB. Good luck with that. You'll also open the middle of the field for our TEs.

No matter what the media says, I truly believe we are a matchup nightmare for NE. I like our chances. Call me crazy, but I just do. Let's get the damn monkey off our backs.
    I think KC was the bigger challenge for us from the get go. After watching the Pats playing the Texans I'm not scared.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps. Atlanta will be a tough challenge though.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Brady isn't going to have two games in a row like that. It just doesn't happen...lol. Nothing would make me happier, other than a Super Bowl win, but it just never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Brady isn't going to have two games in a row like that. It just doesn't happen...lol. Nothing would make me happier, other than a Super Bowl win, but it just never happens.
    Well, although not 2 in a row, his last two playoff games have been wretched. 47.9% comp, TD-Int 3/4

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing would make me happier, other than a Super Bowl win, but it just never happens.
    Some of us have been alive for all 6.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Sorry, I'm still hypnotized by the avi in the OP.... ,but yeah.... press the los.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Well, although not 2 in a row, his last two playoff games have been wretched. 47.9% comp, TD-Int 3/4
    He got outplayed by Flacco in back-to-back AFCCGs...in Foxboro. The only reason the Ravens didn't win both of them is because Lee Evans couldn't catch.

We really need to take a page from the Ravens' book, because they've always given them trouble for some reason.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Maybe not but each time that Brady throw 2 interceptions or more in a playoffs win, the patriots lose the game after.(2006,2007,2011)

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Re: rushing 4

As long as there's a mixture. It can't be the same four (Tuitt, Hargrave, Harrison, Dupree). Timmons & Shazier need to be involved.
    I heard Ryan Clark on Mike and Mike this morning. They were discussing the Brady at length. Their assessment is rush the A gaps so Brady can't step forward in the pocket. He's not one to roll out and not very accurate when he does. The down side to that approach is putting our DBs in man vs their receivers. Plan has to be to get the pressure, without letting them get behind us for the nail. On the other hand, if they go run heavy, we'll be man on the outside anyway.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

First and foremost, we have to stop the run. I'm sure Blount will be running his mouth soon enough... so we need to stuff that (ass)hole.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I heard Ryan Clark on Mike and Mike this morning. They were discussing the Brady at length. Their assessment is rush the A gaps so Brady can't step forward in the pocket. He's not one to roll out and not very accurate when he does. The down side to that approach is putting our DBs in man vs their receivers. Plan has to be to get the pressure, without letting them get behind us for the nail. On the other hand, if they go run heavy, we'll be man on the outside anyway.
    I saw some articles that said the Texans successfully exploited the A gaps as well. Apparently the patriot's center is the weak link. The patriots right tackle is also a 2nd team all-pro, so Harrison needs to keep playing at his impossible level
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I think KC was the bigger challenge for us from the get go. After watching the Pats playing the Texans I'm not scared.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps. Atlanta will be a tough challenge though.
    I totally agree...the pats dont scare me this year. With Gronk being out is one of the reasons why and I like our individual matchups as well. Shazier is gonna be the key on our defense. He should be on edelman the whole game and with his speed i like that matchup. I think Harrison will be able to get to brady as well. Deebo is on a mission and I think this super bowl run is for him. I do believe we will win by 3-7 points. Everybody at my work says no way but they havent watched the steelers much this year and I think we are peaking!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Crowd their receivers coming off the line, don't let Brady throw his dickless 5-yard slants in the first 0.3 seconds. Gives the rush time to actually do something, otherwise send as many guys as you'd like and it's still a waste.

Man coverage ought to be fine; their receivers are not really anything special.

I would fully support it if on the first play, someone would make a blatant illegal hit on Brady, then while he was standing there bitching to the refs, knock him out and piss on him.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Some of us have been alive for all 6.
    Brady's pisspoor play doesn't happen that way...lol.

I've been alive for all 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Brady's pisspoor play doesn't happen that way...lol.

I've been alive for all 6!
    Than why'd you say it never happens?