Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AFC Championship game:New England Patriots

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Re: AFC Championship game:New England Patriots

I think the steelers are due against the cheats and, it's time to exersize the demons against Brady! Make Brady uncomfortable and, play man. On the offense side score td's.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

What I'm noticing from talking with people I see at work, the general thought is that the home teams will make the SB. But, almost everyone WANTS Steelers vs Packers. It just makes a better game. Rodgers and Ben with their ability to extend plays and defenses that are stingy against the run. Much better game than the statues that are Brady and Ryan.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="BigBen2004 will become famous soon enough">

I'm seeing a lot of focus from us this week. Less talk, more work.

They know what's at stake.

If you think we're tired of New England in the Super Bowl, imagine how tired of it the Steelers are. Time to slay the dragon.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Long sick list - hope nothing is getting passed around the team

HERE WE GO Array title="Randy06 is an unknown quantity at this point"> Randy06's Avatar

I do not know how to feel about this game. I usually have a gut feeling either way, but not yet...
    "We're going to win the whole fucking thing" - Greg Lloyd

I predict 2 things

Steelers will win.

And the steelers will still have drama after the game like in the last two weeks with Joey Porter and Antonio Brown!

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I ain't predictin' nuthin' in this game. These are the 2 best teams in the AFC and both will be ready to play their best. We'll all find out who wins in a few days.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

No worries.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well Houston was able to get alot of pressure up the middle again the Pats. I am thinking we should do something similar to the Miami game where we sent JH up the middle a few times. Collapse the pocket from the Center in front of Brady and he will have to move and that is when he is not as good. Also, we should be able to run on them to limit Brady's playing time as well. I imagine the Pats will try what everyone else tried, load up the box to stop Bell. Ben should have a field day moving the ball, just need to finish off the drives with TD's this week. last week we had 7 opportunities for TD's, that is almost 50pts against one of the best Defenses in the league. This week our redzone production needs to be much better.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    No worries.

^^^how come i cant get these to open up on my tapatalk?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Gerry Dulac of the P-G said last week that if the Steelers got past KC they would beat New England.

Dulac is not backing off that prediction.

We saw this same type of surge in 2005 when the Steelers beat the Colts and Denver on the road to go to the Super Bowl. This is no different. Prediction: Steelers, 27-24

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201701180162

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    ^^^how come i cant get these to open up on my tapatalk?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Use the web browser view.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a different vibe about this game than the usual expectation that the Steelers are being led to the slaughter against the Pats

This from ESPN.com

ESPN senior writer Mike Sando asks league insiders to pick winners in selected games each week. ...

The Patriots are 16-3 at home in the playoffs during the Tom Brady era. Two of the three insiders thought that record would fall to 16-4 after facing the Steelers.

Link to full article

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/stor...6-nfl-playoffs

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    There is a different vibe about this game than the usual expectation that the Steelers are being led to the slaughter against the Pats

This from ESPN.com

ESPN senior writer Mike Sando asks league insiders to pick winners in selected games each week. ...

The Patriots are 16-3 at home in the playoffs during the Tom Brady era. Two of the three insiders thought that record would fall to 16-4 after facing the Steelers.

Link to full article

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/stor...6-nfl-playoffs

That's the consensus that I'm hearing, too.

The rationale, simply, is that the superior talent (Steelers) will win out.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

My oldest daughter will be flying out on Monday to start her semester abroad in Barcelona. Flight to Barcelona via Ft. Lauderdale, Oslo, London, then finally Barcelona. 6 months away and out of the country. Sunday she will have my undivided attention, so I will not be watching our victory over the Patsies. I very much doubt I will be in the mood for celebrating for a couple of days. Dad is going to take this hard, I can tell already. I'm very excited for her, obviously, but I'm going to miss her, being able to see her, daily talks, everything that goes with that. As much as I do love the Steelers, they take a back seat to my kids. And I'm talking 3rd row back seat. So, I'll be back, see you guys on the other side of Sunday sometime. Don't know when just yet.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    My oldest daughter will be flying out on Monday to start her semester abroad in Barcelona. Flight to Barcelona via Ft. Lauderdale, Oslo, London, then finally Barcelona. 6 months away and out of the country. Sunday she will have my undivided attention, so I will not be watching our victory over the Patsies. I very much doubt I will be in the mood for celebrating for a couple of days. Dad is going to take this hard, I can tell already. I'm very excited for her, obviously, but I'm going to miss her, being able to see her, daily talks, everything that goes with that. As much as I do love the Steelers, they take a back seat to my kids. And I'm talking 3rd row back seat. So, I'll be back, see you guys on the other side of Sunday sometime. Don't know when just yet.
    Nothing will top this post.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

May the LORD bless you and strengthen you brother. We'll hold the fort down and channel the win in your absence.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Good Luck with the trip and everything! Hopefully you'll be able to celebrate when you get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Good Luck with the trip and everything! Hopefully you'll be able to celebrate when you get back.
    I'm not going, my daughter is going solo. For an entire semester. And there will be a celebration when she returns.

Hopefully, I can tell her all about how the Steelers won the SB as well.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

As my fellow Steelers brothers said so eloquently before me..... all the best to you and your family.

There are things in life far more important than Steelers football, and family is right at the top of that list. Just seeing my first grandchild come into the world a few days ago put a lot of things in perspective.

We will be thinking about you and wishing you well. When you come back we'll celebrate the great victory together!!!

Take care my man. Sometimes you have to let them go to watch them grow.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Best of luck to your daughter on her semester abroad. Everyone I know that has ever done a study abroad term has zero regrets about the decision and draws from the experience well in to adulthood.

As to the game - I got no idea. I will put this on record: win or lose this was a successful Steelers season. I don't think almost anyone honestly saw this team in the AFCG prior to the season or even at mid-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Best of luck to your daughter on her semester abroad. Everyone I know that has ever done a study abroad term has zero regrets about the decision and draws from the experience well in to adulthood.

As to the game - I got no idea. I will put this on record: win or lose this was a successful Steelers season. I don't think almost anyone honestly saw this team in the AFCG prior to the season or even at mid-season.

Midseason, No since the steelers were 4-5, but it's not a surprise that the steelers are in the AFC title game.

They were among the favorite in the AFC by the media with the Patriots before the season, but I agree wins or loses, this season is a success.