Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AFC Championship game:New England Patriots

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Re: AFC Championship game:New England Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Would be great to beat the Pats and then go on to avenge the loss to Green Bay in our last SB. Will need to blow the Pats out to overcome the technical glitches and other cheating that is bound to occur.

please tell me we have back up radio head sets , and if it happens the NFL needs to fix it
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColinCrashherd View Post
    Why is this poster allowed to troll and hate Jesse James Mr. Owner?

I'll take Jesse's work in the 4th against the Ravens, and against the Chiefs yesterday. He's fine when it's three wides out there. That speed opens the middle for him.

Put him out there with scrubs like Nix and Johnson? Then he's not as good.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColinCrashherd View Post
    What was that? You had a film crew follow you at work?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Tomlin's presser:

He apologized for the language in the video. Said he will deal with Antonio this week. Said it was a violation of Steelers rules and league rules.

Injuries:

Deebo (Shoulder/Bicep) - will be limited in practice
    S.Davis (Shoulder)
    V. Williams (Shoulder)
    Green (concussion)
    Frenchy (concussion)
    ChickFilA (ankle)

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I liked this response by Tomlin when asked today about not needing to beat the Pats in the 2008 and 2010 playoff runs to the Super Bowl

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I liked this response by Tomlin when asked today about not needing to beat the Pats in the 2008 and 2010 playoff runs to the Super Bowl

Such a perfect answer.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Do you remember Matt Spaeth? That guy, if he caught the ball (a big IF), would just turn his back to the opponent's goal line, hunch over and shuffle ass-first to gain a couple more yards until he got run over. THAT was the worst run-after-catch style I've ever seen.

Not that James is great, but the fact that he actually runs toward places where he's open is a big first step, and then catches the ball is a good second step. He might not win any awards for his playmaking ability, but being "good enough" to help the team win is good enough for me right now.
    JJ's hands are proving reliable.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Your garbage collectors are much nicer than ours.

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

no cushion man to man in their face and front 7 need to make marsha very uncomfortable. I think deebo can beat soldier anyday. And once we have them scrambling do not go into a prevent all game don't give marsha a chance.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    no cushion man to man in their face and front 7 need to make marsha very uncomfortable.

I think deebo can beat soldier anyday. And once we have them scrambling do not go into a prevent all game

don't give marsha a chance.
    Ageed.

Hopefully Deebo hits her so hard her vagina falls off.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but Brady has been amazing against the blitz all year. Can't find the stats right now, but they are better against the rush than not by a small amount.

If you send guys against Brady, they better get home and get there in about 2-2.5 seconds or you die by crossing routes to Edelman and the backs.

This will be the most difficult test the revamped defense has faced to date.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Not to rain on everyone's parade, but Brady has been amazing against the blitz all year. Can't find the stats right now, but they are better against the rush than not by a small amount.

If you send guys against Brady, they better get home and get there in about 2-2.5 seconds or you die by crossing routes to Edelman and the backs.

I think most people are saying that and to only send 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I think most people are saying that and to only send 4.
    That would be interesting, but then they have more blockers than you have pass rushers. Butler better come up with something, because getting any kind of heat on Brady is going to be hard. The teams that have done it have had at least 2 premier pass rushers. The Steelers have maybe 1. Their pressure comes from scheme and taking chances. Anyone else see Hargrave running with Ware against KC? Anyone want to bet on the outcome of that coverage scheme with Brady and Lewis?

Do I think the Steelers can win? Yes. But they better crank up the offense and score about 28+. And they must somehow someway force at least 1 turnover.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Clowney and the Texans got great pressure on Brady. Problem was that he would throw up a shit pass and Edelman or hogan would come down with it...then there was the whole Osweiler thing...

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Clowney and the Texans got great pressure on Brady. Problem was that he would throw up a shit pass and Edelman or hogan would come down with it...then there was the whole Osweiler thing...
    Exactly on the Osweiler thing ! Houston had a hell of a chance to beat the cheater's IF they would have had a QB. Hey fan's, this game is very much doable for us. From what I've seen they aren't that much on defense down the field which may give Bell, Brown, Ben a good day. Ben definitely has to get the TD's. And our 'D' has to get a big time rush on Brady and flush him from the pocket. He's not a running QB. We play our type of STEELER football, and we travel to Houston !

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

The texans were getting to him and it was longer than 2-2.5 seconds. Expect tommy cakes to cry foul often on Sunday. As for cocky a$$ Eldelman a hit like this will cool his jets.

Member Array title="lotas will become famous soon enough">

I remember not being impressed with New England when we played them earlier in the season. Honestly, I don't feel nearly the level of apprehension about this game as I normally do just with the idea of us playing New England in general. We have a solid team that has found a way to win week in and week out, and most importantly we have not been making many mistakes. If we turn the ball over, the defense gets it back or limits the damage to 3pts or less. If Ben isn't having a great game, Bell can go for 170yds on the ground and get us in position to score. In the past, a few mistakes in a given game could lose it for us, but this team is rising above simple mistakes and executing enough to make up for it.

I think the offense focuses all week on red zone offense and we score 21 by halftime, final score 35-24

Brady gets sacked 4 times and Dupree forces a fumble. Damn, I can't wait!

We have endured a handful of shitty postseason runs riddled with season ending injuries and backup starters. Now we have everyone healthy, and we are two wins away from a 7th Lombardi. It's time for Ben to put Brady to rest in a big game.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I sure hope there's someone who's checking air pressure, clock maintenance, radio headsets, and anything else that's has N.E. hands touching.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Just as I was last week, I'm nervous as hell. I'm an eternal pessimist.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I not only think we CAN win this game, I think we WILL win this game. It's our time. The 3peat run begins now.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

We've known for years that Brady eats up the zone blitz. He has made career games against it.

If the Steelers start trotting out Lebeau's dinosaur scheme of "tackling the catch", then this game is over.

They have done a good job keeping the Pats in check recently, the issue is that they haven't been able to take advantage of the opportunities they get. The previous two games against New England have been very winnable, they just haven't been able to break through.

I'll take that over Pre-2015, where games against the Pats were pure, one-sided domination, where Brady would have career games against the Steelers, and they were never close.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    We've known for years that Brady eats up the zone blitz. He has made career games against it.

If the Steelers start trotting out Lebeau's dinosaur scheme of "tackling the catch", then this game is over.

They have done a good job keeping the Pats in check recently, the issue is that they haven't been able to take advantage of the opportunities they get. The previous two games against New England have been very winnable, they just haven't been able to break through.

I'll take that over Pre-2015, where games against the Pats were pure, one-sided domination, where Brady would have career games against the Steelers, and they were never close.
    I still remember the game they scored 55 pts on us and put up what, over 600 yards of offense?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    I still remember the game they scored 55 pts on us and put up what, over 600 yards of offense?
    Yep. 2013.

Dick Lebeau, despite pretty much shutting down Brady in 2011, reverted back to his old defensive scheme, and got thrashed in a 55-31 embarrassment.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Totally agree with this. We will have to mix up the defense more than ever. The Pats know us. They spread us out to get the advantage. If we rush from ILB, it's a middle screen or dump to Edelman, If we bring an outside blitzer, Brady's got one on one on the outside. Bringing Harrison and Dupree every down leaves us open to the RBs. Cannot be so predictable as to bring the heat every down. Once Brady picks up the blitzer, he already knows where the ball is going. Our defense is going to need to disguise and try to keep them guessing. They are too talented, and if they know what's coming, they know how to beat it. An yes, we WILL have to win a lot of one on one matchups too.

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Your garbage collectors are much nicer than ours.

Haha! Great find. The brilliant part is the driver is watching his idiot partner lose his mind and must think "Well... Gary's lost it again. Looks like we are destroying mailboxes today. And off we go."

Welcome to the club....lol

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Welcome to the club....lol

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-how-were-run/

“I don’t think I need to speak much,” Roethlisberger answered when asked what he’d say to Edelman. “We’ve got our trophies out there. I’ve got owners that I think are the best in the business. They’re family to us, and I’m sure if he talked to his owner, he would say the same thing about the Rooneys. Anybody in here in the football world or the regular world that owns the Rooneys knows what they stand for. It’s a blessing to call them a family.”
    Very Tomlin-esque answer.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">