Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ladarius Green setback...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: Ladarius Green setback...

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Are there many good TE's this year besides Roku Sudoku?

I thought TE was a bit thinner than usual?

Along with Shoes I have felt this has been a priority for several years.

However James is still developing and I don't know if it is a need to the point where I want to see us reaching.
    Not sure I trust drafting a player named after a streaming Media device. Maybe we should also draft Fire stick Jones in a later round as well. Ps think Fire Stick is cousin to Pac Man so he has the pedigree.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Not sure I trust drafting a player named after a streaming Media device.

Maybe with should also draft Fire stick Jones in a later round as well.

Well, the Bengals drafted Fire Crotch Dalton.

Seriously though, just concerned about slim pickings.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

However James is still developing and I don't know if it is a need to the point where I want to see us reaching.
    After we last discussed Haiku Naruto, I started looking around: he's a legit R1 prospect. (It's not just us who likes him.)

OJ Howard is still considered the top TE. Probably because of his size and projection to the NFL (projection, because his stats are underwhelming due to having a freshman QB who couldn't hit the side of a barn).

Jake Butt was a possible late R1/early R2 pick, but he got injured in his bowl game.

Bucky Hodges... well... I've heard about him from Shoes.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Well, the Bengals drafted Fire Crotch Dalton.

Seriously though, just concerned about slim pickings.
    Lol.

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

OJ Howard reminds me of Jimmy Graham

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I think the 2017 TE draft class is stacked better than the last few years.

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/1...y-position-te/

I'm taking Bucky Hodges, he's a better Ladarius Green and comes at a much cheaper price. If he's available in R3 I'd take him in a minute.

When it comes to ranking the top pass-catchers in college football, Southern Cal wideout
    Juju Smith-Schuster and Michigan tight end Jake Butt get plenty of attention and for good reason. In terms of the size, speed and strength package, however, Virginia Tech's Hodges might just be the freakiest pass-catcher in the country -- which is precisely why NFL scouts will be flocking to Blackburg this fall to watch the junior tight end.

More here..

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...ky-as-it-gets/
    Last edited by Shoes; 01-11-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    OJ Howard reminds me of Jimmy Graham

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    From what I have read on Howard, he's a good pass catcher that can line block also. Graham doesn't block, or gets a hold penalty when he tries. At least that was the case in N.O. Howard or Leggett are the only 2 TEs I have found in this draft that fit how we use TEs. I really don't think we will go TE in the 1st this draft anyway, but with ALL the other teams desperate for a QB, we may have a very tough choice to make in those early rounds. Many top 10 guys may fall to round 2 even.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Jordan Leggett

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I think the 2017 TE draft class is stacked better than the last few years.

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/1...y-position-te/

I'm taking Bucky Hodges, he's a better Ladarius Green and comes at a much cheaper price. If he's available in R3 I'd take him in a minute.

When it comes to ranking the top pass-catchers in college football, Southern Cal wideout
    Juju Smith-Schuster and Michigan tight end Jake Butt get plenty of attention and for good reason. In terms of the size, speed and strength package, however, Virginia Tech's Hodges might just be the freakiest pass-catcher in the country -- which is precisely why NFL scouts will be flocking to Blackburg this fall to watch the junior tight end.

More here..

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...ky-as-it-gets/
    Justin Fuente had a walk on TE named Alan Cross when he coached at Memphis. Cross was instrumental in Paxton Lynch's offense, and now plays for the Buccs. VT may be a program to watch closely for TE prospects in the future also. Coach Fuente seems to be able to find good ones.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Justin Fuente had a walk on TE named Alan Cross when he coached at Memphis. Cross was instrumental in Paxton Lynch's offense, and now plays for the Buccs. VT may be a program to watch closely for TE prospects in the future also. Coach Fuente seems to be able to find good ones.
    We Hokie alum are happy with him as coach.

And yes, like Shoes, it would be fun to see Bucky in a Steeler uniform but however the draft works out, it probably won't happen (with my luck)

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

And yes, like Shoes, it would be fun to see Bucky in a Steeler uniform but however the draft works out, it probably won't happen (with my luck)
    When I was at, then Memphis State, we had a pretty good rivalry with VT, especially in basketball. Looking back, that old Metro conference could have really been something. VT, Florida State, Louisville, Cincy, Memphis, South Carolina, and GT. How the times have changed.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    When I was at, then Memphis State, we had a pretty good rivalry with VT, especially in basketball. Looking back, that old Metro conference could have really been something. VT, Florida State, Louisville, Cincy, Memphis, South Carolina, and GT. How the times have changed.
    Oh, we had some fun times back in the old Metro days.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

From CBSSports: Green is still in the NFL's concussion protocol, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.
    Green has been out since mid-December with a concussion, making his status for Sunday's AFC championship game in New England very cloudy. If Green is unable to pass the league's concussion protocol before then, Jesse James should yet again see a majority of the Steelers' tight end targets, as he recorded five catches for 83 yards against the Chiefs in the divisional round.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

There is a good chance Green will be forced into retirement at the end of the season, otherwise he needs to give back his signing bonus.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    There is a good chance Green will be forced into retirement at the end of the season, otherwise he needs to give back his signing bonus.
    That could get tricky with regard to recovery of the bonus - Steelers knew he had a concussion history - question is if he lied about any ongoing symptoms during contract negotiations

FWIW Ed Bouchette of the P-G thinks he is done for at least this season

Hi Ed, do you think we've seen the last of Ladarius Green this year? And if he were to play this week, could he fit right back into the offense after not playing since week 15?

Ed Bouchette: Yes and no to your two-part question.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201701170109

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Nothing against him personally, but this has to be up there as one of the worst free agent signings in Steelers history.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Please for gods sake. A Green return should it happen could not happen at a better time
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    Nothing against him personally, but this has to be up there as one of the worst free agent signings in Steelers history.
    If they keep him next year it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

It could surely happen. I think Green is a big question mark, in fact I'd be shocked if he came back next year. The first TE in last years draft, Henry went in R2. I think Howard will go first (R1) and its possible Njohu and Butt (even with an ACL injury) will go before Hodges. That could put Hodges at R3 or even R4. I snatch him at R3 in heart beat and the added hope here is we know Tomlin is aware of him. Should be interesting.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I just saw David Jeremiah's Top 50 list...

Njoku is #13

That seals it for me. If he's there at 32, I take him.

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

I hope Green gets back to full health and can come back and be a contributor for us. Seems like a decent guy, just has had the worst of luck with injuries and when they're of the concussion variety, that's never a good thing. I hope we can get him back against the Patriots, if anything he takes pressure off of Antonio Brown because defenses have to account for his presence.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
    I hope we can get him back against the Patriots, if anything he takes pressure off of Antonio Brown because defenses have to account for his presence.

The Corn Shucking Hippie Array title="IowaSteeler927 is a name known to all"> IowaSteeler927's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Yeah that was a fun game to watch. Showed us exactly what Green can add to an offense. His speed, and pass catching abilities are world class for a TE, I just wish he could stay healthy. Jesse James has held down the fort since Green's injury, but he's not the kind of guy that can run down the field and take the top off of a defense. If we could get Green back for the AFC Championship Game, I think that'd open up things for guys like Brown, Rogers, Hamilton, and DHB.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
    Yeah that was a fun game to watch. Showed us exactly what Green can add to an offense. His speed, and pass catching abilities are world class for a TE, I just wish he could stay healthy. Jesse James has held down the fort since Green's injury, but he's not the kind of guy that can run down the field and take the top off of a defense. If we could get Green back for the AFC Championship Game, I think that'd open up things for guys like Brown, Rogers, Hamilton, and DHB.
    Best hope is back for super bowl. Personally, I doubt we'll ever see him again. I think he's done.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

From cbs today. Green limited work at practice

The Only Sports App You Need
    Instant News, Scores, Videos and Alerts for your Favorite Teams.​
    DOWNLOAD NOW

Steelers' Ladarius Green: Limited at practice Wednesday
    By RotoWire Staff 1h ago • 1 min read

Green (concussion) was listed as a limited practice participant Wednesday.
    After not practicing at all last week and then missing the Steelers' playoff win over the Chiefs, this is a step in the right direction for Green. It remains to be seen what level of medical clearance the tight end has gained at this stage, but his presence at practice Wednesday, in any capacity, offers hope that he could potentially return to action for Sunday's AFC Championship game against the Patriots.

Green needs to shut it down for now. Just my opinion. I know it's been a long while that he's been dealing with this and we all want him to play and contribute, but his health moving forward has to be the most important thing. If he does play Sunday, he could be putting himself in needless danger of real damage. I'm not his doctor so again, just my opinion. See you at training camp.

My guess is that if we beat the Taperiots, he will dress for the SuperBowl.

Otherwise, they would have IR'ed him already.

I feel like he does play he might havr stone hands not being in yhe action for about a month

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    I feel like he does play he might havr stone hands not being in yhe action for about a month
    I hear you, but to quell your fears, he has been practicing for two weeks...