Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RANT thread for the MEDIA

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: RANT thread for the MEDIA

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Ok the win streak thing being completely wrong is problematic, but damn lol. What a bunch of petty people. Why are we shitting on the league's leading rusher, the best (arguably) rookie QB ever, and the league's best QB? Especially considering 2 of those players torched us. Take it out on the media geez . Or you can do what i do and choose not to care most of the time.

Rodgers TD:INT ratio is 22:0 in the last 8 games...No one's been better in that span of time. Of course the media is going to hang on his nuts. Who else are they supposed to turn to?
    I also have to totally agree with that as well!

I mean Rodgers called his shot after the 'Skins game. He basically said we are going to run the table. Then went out and torched everyone in his path. I mean he might just be the best in the business right now. Honestly, if anyone on here hasn't seen alot of Rodgers play, please go do that as soon as you can. He is just ridiculous. Makes throws that few others can make and a few that I'm not sure others can even attempt let alone make.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I honestly don't think anyone is "analyzing" football anymore aside from niche sites on the internet.
    NFL Edge Match-up with Sal, Jaws and Merril Hodge on ESPN is about the only show that I can think of that actually breaks down film. The only problem is that its on at strange times, I set my DVR for it when I can find it.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    NFL Edge Match-up with Sal, Jaws and Merril Hodge on ESPN is about the only show that I can think of that actually breaks down film. The only problem is that its on at strange times, I set my DVR for it when I can find it.
    I forgot about that one! I bailed on cable awhile back and tend to forget about some of the more "obscure" shows. Does Showtime still have a like Wednesday wrap-up show that breaks some stuff down as well?

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I forgot about that one! I bailed on cable awhile back and tend to forget about some of the more "obscure" shows. Does Showtime still have a like Wednesday wrap-up show that breaks some stuff down as well?
    That, I'm not sure about. The only thing I watch on Showtime is Homeland. Funny you mentioned that you bailed on cable a while back, we're strongly considering it since we only watch about one show per pay channel.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Couldn't agree more. I honestly don't think anyone is "analyzing" football anymore aside from niche sites on the internet.
    Well, an entire generation was raised on the following: "If the receiver catches it in the endzone, then boom, that's a touchdown."

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    That, I'm not sure about. The only thing I watch on Showtime is Homeland. Funny you mentioned that you bailed on cable a while back, we're strongly considering it since we only watch about one show per pay channel.
    It has worked for us. The only drawback is that you lose out on live sports and you kinda/sorta gotta get comfortable with "pirating" things if you want to stay current. For instance, official Girlfriend of Mojouw (oohhhh. A timely TMQB reference!) is all caught up on Homeland, but that is only because we have torrented the episodes not on the streaming services we do pay for.

Another option we have been doing more of recently is swapping streaming services passwords to get at content. Our Netflix for your HBO GO or whatever. Kinda on the shady side, but what are you going to do? Continue to pay for stuff you don't use? Pay every streaming service that you can find $10 a month - that just shifts the problem...anyways well off the topic now.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Why are we shitting on the league's leading rusher, the best (arguably) rookie QB ever, and the league's best QB?
    No one is shitting on David Johnson.

I wouldn't consider Cody Kessler the best rookie QB ever (but that's just my opinion).

We all agree that A.A.Ron is amazing...

Rodgers TD:INT ratio is 22:0 in the last 8 games...No one's been better in that span of time. Of course the media is going to hang on his nuts. Who else are they supposed to turn to?
    Hanging on his nuts, I get... although, in that same timeframe, Le'Veon Bell has 1,002 rushing yards in just seven games (Bell did not play Week 17).

Plus, Bell has one more consecutive victory (which is main contention).

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    No one is shitting on David Johnson.

I wouldn't consider Cody Kessler the best rookie QB ever (but that's just my opinion).

We all agree that A.A.Ron is amazing...

Hanging on his nuts, I get... although, in that same timeframe, Le'Veon Bell has 1,002 rushing yards in just seven games (Bell did not play Week 17).

Plus, Bell has one more consecutive victory (which is main contention).
    um. why are you inserting david johnson and cody kessler into a conversation where im clearly talking about ezekiel elliot and dak prescott? i dont know what kind of media outlets you're watching, but the media's hanging on Bell's nuts just fine. everywhere you look theyre talking about his rushing yards in the past 7 games and comparing its superiority to Emmitt Smith. Media talked plenty about his scrimmage yards/game pace in comparison to Priest Holmes and Jim Brown. And made sure to make note that he is the only player to ever average 100 rush yards + 50 receiving yards a game in NFL history. Thats all pretty elite company. Man oh man, we sound like a bunch of Kardashians that can never get enough attention. Whatever happened to loving being overlooked as we drop other teams for L's?

Pretty sure I remember someone on another thread talking about how "lucky" Rodgers is with his hail mary's. Right, because that totally discounts his body of work. You don't score 44 TD's in a season on accident. Not entirely unsurprising. I live in Wisconsin and packer fans scrutinize Rodgers even harder than steeler fans scrutinize Ben.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

um. why are you inserting david johnson and cody kessler into a conversation where im clearly talking about ezekiel elliot and dak prescott? i dont know what kind of media outlets you're watching, but the media's hanging on Bell's nuts just fine. everywhere you look theyre talking about his rushing yards in the past 7 games and comparing its superiority to Emmitt Smith. Media talked plenty about his scrimmage yards/game pace in comparison to Priest Holmes and Jim Brown. And made sure to make note that he is the only player to ever average 100 rush yards + 50 receiving yards a game in NFL history. Thats all pretty elite company. Man oh man, we sound like a bunch of Kardashians that can never get enough attention. Whatever happened to loving being overlooked as we drop other teams for L's?

Pretty sure I remember someone on another thread talking about how "lucky" Rodgers is with his hail mary's. Right, because that totally discounts his body of work. You don't score 44 TD's in a season on accident. Not entirely unsurprising. I live in Wisconsin and packer fans scrutinize Rodgers even harder than steeler fans scrutinize Ben.
    Suddenly, facts matter??? Weird.

Ezekial Elliott led the league in rushing, not David Johnson.

The Steelers have the longest current winning streak in the NFL, not the Packers.

As far as Bell goes, I never said he wasn't getting attention. YOU asked who else the media could turn to; so, I answered your question. Oh, and... I answered Bell, because he has one more consecutive victory (which is my entire point).

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Even if the Steelers have 8 straight wins, Tomlin is severely criticized by some media!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Suddenly, facts matter??? Weird.

Ezekial Elliott led the league in rushing, not David Johnson.

The Steelers have the longest current winning streak in the NFL, not the Packers.

As far as Bell goes, I never said he wasn't getting attention. YOU asked who else the media could turn to; so, I answered your question. Oh, and... I answered Bell, because he has one more consecutive victory (which is my entire point).
    i literally agreed with you already that the bad fact checking is problematic. wtf was the point of reaffirming that? Yeah well aware that Elliot led the league in rushing, i literally was talking about it. i said who ELSE could the media turn to? the media spotlight is already squarely on guys like Rodgers and Bell...

#Kardashians
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

i literally agreed with you already that the bad fact checking is problematic. wtf was the point of reaffirming that? Yeah well aware that Elliot led the league in rushing, i literally was talking about it. i said who ELSE could the media turn to? the media spotlight is already squarely on guys like Rodgers and Bell...

#Kardashians
    You agreed... and then proceeded to add more... which I responded to.

You asked a question, and then someone answers. Weird.

btw: Stating that BB has more wins (15 wins) as a rookie QB is not "shitting" on Ezekial Elliott (13 wins). Whereas, calling someone a Kardashian for wanting the facts straight, is indeed "shitting" on them.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Ok the win streak thing being completely wrong is problematic, but damn lol. What a bunch of petty people. Why are we shitting on the league's leading rusher, the best (arguably) rookie QB ever, and the league's best QB? Especially considering 2 of those players torched us. Take it out on the media geez . Or you can do what i do and choose not to care most of the time.

If you really don't care why are you calling your fellow board members petty? Nobody here called out Elliot, nobody said anything about him until you mention him in your post.

As for Prescott you say arguably but that's not what I am hearing from the press. I am hearing he has the best rookie QB season in history (this was on espn). Completely ignoring the fact that Ben had more wins 14-1, more consecutive wins 14, and beat one team on a 22 game win streak patriots and another that had won 8 in a row eagles in consecutive weeks. Ben did not play the last game of the season his rookie year or it the streak may have been more. This is what I am bitching about not presenting the facts and completely ignoring what Ben did his rookie year. Of course it will be said that Ben didn't do much as this was already a Great team. I will say that it was just 2 years ago that the cowboys were in the playoffs with Romo so how is that any different than Ben?

This Bitch is about how the media pimps some while discounting others.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

It was me. I talked about it. But it was simply for the reason that you seem to be bitching about stuff here.

You are complaining that people are bitching about the media and not getting enough attention.

I talked about the luck Rodgers has on Hail Mary throws for touchdowns because you and some others were bitching about Ben Roethlisberger on a day when Ben came out on fire and helped to get the Steelers to jump on the Dolphins in the first half and win the game by 18 points. Rodgers had I think 48 yards passing and was absolutely horrible in the first half of the game against the Giants until the Hail Mary. Also, the Giants should have been up 21-0 in that game if not for dropped passes by the WR crew that was posing for pictures on the SS Minnow. Rodgers had nothing to do with the lead at halftime........NOTHING. He had forty something yards, a shitload of missed receivers, and a luckier than shit Hail Mary as the clock expired in the first half.

But our fans were bitching about Ben....and you were one of them. That was the point.

Aaron Rodgers is amazing. He's a great, great player. It's not a criticism of him. I know he's great. I'm just trying to give perspective to people that were praising Rodgers about lighting up the Giants that apparently didn't watch the game to see that the Packers should have been in a huge hole, and a lot of the depth of that hole was because of Rodgers. That's all I was saying. If people actually watched and knew what they were seeing, they would understand that.

I don't understand why you're jumping on teegre about a harmless post that was brought up to vent and to get some laughs. I think you're smart and I agree with a lot of the stuff you post, but I just don't understand the angst about some things in threads recently.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Am I the only one who can't stand to listen to the knucklehead ex-players on Total Access on the NFL Network? Willie McGinnest, Reggie Wayne, even Ike Taylor. They are actually painful to listen to as the stumble through their words and expose the fact that they aren't following along and are not watching film. They are dreadful!

Last night, Willie is talking about how LeVeon is bad in pass protection. Are you kidding me?! They pay you for that crap analysis?!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Am I the only one who can't stand to listen to the knucklehead ex-players on Total Access on the NFL Network? Willie McGinnest, Reggie Wayne, even Ike Taylor. They are actually painful to listen to as the stumble through their words and expose the fact that they aren't following along and are not watching film. They are dreadful!
    No. Emmitt "Smiff" and his butchery of the English language was the WORST, though.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

Last night, Willie is talking about how LeVeon is bad in pass protection. Are you kidding me?! They pay you for that crap analysis?!
    I saw that McGinest quote in Steelers Depot. Laughable.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/01...ass-protector/

He also thought Cam Heyward was still active. Dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    No. Emmitt "Smiff" and his butchery of the English language was the WORST, though.

-> this one is actually sad.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Remember how bad Joe Montana was????

The dude couldn't get out of his own way verbally, and was about as exciting as watching the spin cycle in the laundry room.

I'm almost falling asleep just thinking about it.

The Emmitt Smith mock drafts are always good for a laugh.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008emmitt.php

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

LOL! Is that real?