Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ben in a boot

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Ben in a boot

Injury update from the P-G (with a healthy dose of sarcasm)

Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t need to wear a protective boot on his foot anymore. He did 18 hours ago, sure, but not now. That’s what the Steelers quarterback told Post-Gazette columnist Ron Cook in a Monday email, at least....

The team wanted him to wear the boot to his postgame news conference Sunday as a precaution, Roethlisberger told Cook, and that Tuesday’s MRI came up (relatively) fine....

(To anyone else who thought after the play that he was favoring his shoulder, not his foot — nope! You seem to have been mistaken!)

This is par for the course for Roethlisberger; the more minor an injury is, the more likely he is to speak about it publicly. If something serious is wrong with him, you’re not going to know about it. But a slight reaggravation of an old injury? Get ready for real explanations....

If it’s possible for him to play, he’s going to play. There might be moments where you think he won’t — like during his post-Dolphins news conference. Ignore them.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2017/01/09/ben-roethlisberger-injury-update-boot-steelers-kc-chiefs-nfl-playoffs/stories/201701090165

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Still good news that Ben seems to be fine beacuse, without him it's all over but the crying. Like many have mentioned there are several so called steeler fans that bash him all the time and, it really ticks me off Ben is the best QB we have since Bradshaw!! When Ben does retire these so called steeler fans will see how great #7 is because, he is a hall of fame player for years he made plays out of nothing running for his life!

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Is it possible for him to be both great and a drama king?

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Such a great coaching decision to leave him in the game at that point.
    The terrible decision was to throw. Handoff to DeAngelo three times then pin them deep. No situational awareness from QB, OC, or HC. Not sure if Tomlin actually involved in decision at that point. Three scores up, I get it if just one or even two. Although I must admit I have loved watching Steelers offense seal victories this year as opposed to playing too conservative. I guess you take the good with the bad IMO there was just no need to do anything but run clock out.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Is it possible for him to be both great and a drama king?
    Why not Bradshaw was! He had many games he rolled around on the turf like he was dying to only coming back in the second half.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Is this a reaggravation of the dramatic foot "fracture" under Cowher???

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

http://jimrome.com/2017/01/09/bill-c...hat-concerned/

Bill Cowher on Ben Roethlisberger’s injury: ‘I’m not that concerned’

One person who isn’t worried about Ben Roethlisberger’s injury suffered late in the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 30-12 Wild Card victory over the Miami Dolphins was his former coach, Bill Cowher. The NFL Today on CBS analyst joined The Jim Rome Show on Monday and said despite being in a walking boot, he felt good about the way the two-time Super Bowl champion Roethlisberger reacted to Cameron Wake’s hit initially and feels confident he will be ready for the Kansas City Chiefs this Sunday.

“I’m not that concerned,” Cowher said. “When people have a high ankle sprain, you’re not really able to walk off the field. He walked off. Some people thought it was just his shoulder. So I think it was more precautionary than anything I think he’s in the boot. I think you’re going to find and see him out there practicing on Wednesday.”

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I've been hearing a lot of NFL people say that boots are commonly used immediately after a game like that to control swelling and stabilize the area as a precautionary measure.

If it helped to keep swelling to a minimum and stabilized the area until they could find out what was going on, what's the big deal?

Better safe than sorry.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Hours after being photographed with a walking boot on his right foot as he followed girlfriend Gisele Bundchen into her New York apartment on Monday, other pictures showed the New England Patriots quarterback wearing black shoes - and no boot - when he showed up at a New York hotspot.

Brady, this season's NFL MVP, and the New England Patriots are headed to the Feb. 3 (2008) Super Bowl against the New York Giants.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.342245

But yeah, BEN's the drama queen.

Hate to say it, but Crash was spot on about Cowher - he's the one that was responsible for the "drama queen" narrative starting about Ben when he denied Ben had broken toes in the 2004 AFCCG after Ben said he did.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/a...eahawks-121116
    After completing 18 of 23 passes for 246 yards and three touchdowns, Rodgers revealed to FOX’s Erin Andrews why he was limping throughout the game. Already playing with a strained left hamstring, Rodgers said he hurt his right calf on the third play of the game – which happened to be a beautiful rollout pass that turned into a 66-yard touchdown to Davante Adams.

“I hurt my calf on the first third down of the game. Probably just overcompensating on the opposite leg from the hamstring,” Rodgers said. “It’s going to be a long week of rehab, but it’s definitely going to feel good tonight.

“This time of year, I’m not going to miss a game. I’m going to be out there.”
    So, if you are a golden boy, you are allowed to talk about your injury.

Ben talks about it but he's a drama queen. Whatever...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    This kinda thing is why people will run through walls for Tomlin. Maybe he did make the call, maybe he didn't and Haley did. Maybe Ben did. Doesn't matter. Tomlin publicly always takes the blame and none of the credit.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

So no official word on whether or not BR will play vs the Chiefs?
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Ben will be ready, his injury is nothing serious.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Nothing "official," per se, and it is Ron Kook, but there is this:

Ron Cook, a columnist for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, tweeted on Monday afternoon that Roethlisberger told him via email that his foot is “fine” and that Steelers’ medical staff wanted him to wear the boot as a precaution.

The quarterback underwent an MRI on Monday, and told Cook that “it showed I aggravated an old foot fracture but nothing severe. I should be good to go [against Kansas City].” He is no longer wearing the walking boot.
    Reports: Steelers get lucky, Ben Roethlisberger's ankle injury not serious

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This kinda thing is why people will run through walls for Tomlin. Maybe he did make the call, maybe he didn't and Haley did. Maybe Ben did. Doesn't matter. Tomlin publicly always takes the blame and none of the credit.

Absolutely.

Who knows what really happened. Maybe it happened just like Tomlin says....maybe it didn't.

He steps up and takes away all the pressure and bullshit criticism on himself. Who wouldn't want to play for a guy like that. A coach that has your back.

I would have loved to play for Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Absolutely.

Who knows what really happened. Maybe it happened just like Tomlin says....maybe it didn't.

He steps up and takes away all the pressure and bullshit criticism on himself. Who wouldn't want to play for a guy like that. A coach that has your back.

I would have loved to play for Tomlin.
    So, you're saying Tomlin plays poker?

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    So, you're saying Tomlin plays poker?

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-