Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben in a boot

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Ben in a boot

Quote Originally Posted by #CRASHFormation View Post
    No, what you do is tell Ben to hand off from under center and then we PUNT.
    You have no idea if that did or didn't happen and Ben switched the play. You have NO IDEA...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I agree.

Ben should know to protect himself and go for the run. Even if he did choose to pass, just get rid of it or go down at that point.

Nevertheless, Ben pretty much always plays better when he's injured. So, I'm taking this as a positive sign. Not to mention, Ben in a boot on Sunday is meaningless. All he had to feel was a tinge of pain, and they'd put him in a boot to make sure he was ready.
    I have yet to see this...that being said i dont think he's actually hurt. just bumps and bruises and a precaution hopefully. I see this game getting ugly even with a healthy Ben so it better not be serious
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I just listened to Bradshaw do the highlights of the Steelers/Dolphins game.

He talked about how well the Steelers came out and played early. They jumped on the Dolphins and easily won this game.

I guess the cheerleader had them prepared to play.

He also said that he knows they put the boot on an ankle as a precaution to keep down the swelling. He's worn them before himself, and he says he's sure Ben will be fine.

Why don't I feel any better about it after he was finished rambling and enlightening us with his great knowledge and judgment?
    He's a moron but I agree with him in this instance. He'll be fine.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He's a moron but I agree with him in this instance. He'll be fine.
    I know, but I just couldn't help but comment on how ridiculous he looked and sounded having to do highlights of a Steelers blowout win in the playoffs after the shit he said about Tomlin.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I know, but I just couldn't help but comment on how ridiculous he looked and sounded having to do highlights of a Steelers blowout win in the playoffs after the shit he said about Tomlin.
    He came across like he was trying to save face.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

The people that don't realize that the former women's college golf coach who runs the offense is an unqualified imbecile who should be shagging balls at Scally's in Moon Township.
    says an unqualified imbecile....
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    says an unqualified imbecile....

Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

#CRASHFormation

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    You have no idea if that did or didn't happen and Ben switched the play. You have NO IDEA...
    If they SPECIFICALLY told Ben to hand off? He hands off. Period.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    I do not like Bradshaw anymore. His mouth gets him in trouble and I do not believe a word he says. No wonder he has been married how many times..5? lol
    ad hominem attacks. nice.

never ceases to amuse me how petty fans get towards some of our most beloved retired players whenever they say something negative about any of our players/coaches. his comments were not that big of a deal. and even terry admits to not being the smartest guy or having the best memory. waste of time
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

You think Ben doesn't check out of a play? Either way he's gotta be smart and get rid of it. I really can never blame Ben's injuries on anyone but himself. Bone-headed plays most of them.

It's all irrelevant as Ben will be fine for Sunday.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    ad hominem attacks. nice.

never ceases to amuse me how petty fans get towards some of our most beloved retired players whenever they say something negative about any of our players/coaches. his comments were not that big of a deal. and even terry admits to not being the smartest guy or having the best memory. waste of time

The cheerleaders comment were out of the line....

#CRASHFormation

You think Ben doesn't check out of a play?
    Not the same. Again below:

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

You think Ben doesn't check out of a play? Either way he's gotta be smart and get rid of it. I really can never blame Ben's injuries on anyone but himself. Bone-headed plays most of them.

It's all irrelevant as Ben will be fine for Sunday.
    If he wants to win another super bowl, Ben better get rid of the boneheaded plays. Mistakes are magnified in the playoffs and teams will take advantage of them. It absolutely frustrates me that as a veteran qb he continues to make boneheaded plays. Other qb's make mistakes too but a lot of times that is caused by good plays by the defense. Ben basically hands the other team the ball.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not the same. Again below:

I don't think they SPECIFICALLY tell Ben anything at anytime, ever.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

On another note though, to me it will be a sad day when he retires and we can expect a long drought

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Exactly! How many times per season does Ben wave the field goal or punt team off? He did it today. Does that look like a QB who wouldn't audible whenever he damn well pleased?

#CRASHFormation

Then you don't pay attention. Example #1? Tampa game when we got LeBeaued.

Tomlin called the play (OVER Haley), it was a run/pass option.

Tomlin SPECFICALLY told Ben that you don't throw the ball unless they show a specific coverage. They didn't, and Ben handed off to Blount.

Tomlin had to DEFEND Ben in the media the following week because ingrates were bashing why he didn't throw for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Exactly! How many times per season does Ben wave the field goal or punt team off? He did it today. Does that look like a QB who wouldn't audible whenever he damn well pleased?
    He's refused to get rid of the ball from the day I first say him, which includes his career at Miami O. That's the bad with the good.

#CRASHFormation

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    And do you HONESTLY think Haley (Or Tomlin) DIDN'T tell Ben to try the hard count, if it doesn't work to call time in his helmet?

You boys need to stop worrying about trying to upstage me and use your goddamn brains.

At least we got a Sunday game. Another day to heal.

#CRASHFormation

That usually is the way it works. The #1 seed usually gets Saturday. But I was shocked when we didn't next week.

And do you HONESTLY think Haley (Or Tomlin) DIDN'T tell Ben to try the hard count, if it doesn't work to call time in his helmet?

You boys need to stop worrying about trying to upstage me and use your goddamn brains.
    That's the funniest thing I've seen on this forum in a long time. Thanks for the laugh.

Upstage you...who put you on a stage? You do sound like a comedian giving us good laughs

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Of course Packers are up 31 -13 with 6 minutes left and are calling roll out passes for Rodgers

I'd love to see what the Packers/Rodgers do in a similar situation, but this game is boring and I'm headed to the gym to workout.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Of course Packers are up 31 -13 with 6 minutes left and are calling roll out passes for Rodgers
    That's the way the NFL works. A College game would have the 3rd stringer in there handing it off.

With people like CRASH in here i feel like less of an asshole...lol

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Do you think Belichick would have pulled Brady at this point?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Drama this you ingrates.....
    Someday you people will learn.
    Here's a suggestion, grow up before you make another post

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Do you think Belichek would have pulled Brady at this point?
    Hell no - that team is the biggest bunch of stat-inflaters out there. How many times has Brady still been airing it out when they're up 30+?

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Hell no - that team is the biggest bunch of stat-inflaters out there. How many times has Brady still been airing it out when they're up 30+?
    Agreed...just wish he would get lit up a couple times to change their thinking