Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Divisional Round: Kansas City Chiefs

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Divisional Round: Kansas City Chiefs

The joke is out of the way. Now for the real deal. KC is much better than Miami.

Steelers are heading out on the road going into one of the toughest places to play. Arrowhead Stadium against the Chiefs. KC is likely out for some revenge for the SNF beating.

There will be no 43-14 this time around, that's for certain.

Really sucks that the two biggest threats to NE are playing in the Divisional Round, while NE is going to be facing Assweiler.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: Divisional Round: Kansas City Chiefs

It is simple. Have to win the LOS.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The attitude KC will have entering this game will rival that of what the Steelers had today. And Tyreek Hill against Danny Smith's special teams is a concern. Still though, with the 3 Bs, this team will be a tough out for anyone

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If the defense plays the way they played today, I really like our chances at KC. With Bell and Brown healthy, plus Rogers and Hamilton made some important catches, we will score. 92, 48, 94, 50, 31, 28, 79, 91, heck even 95 got in a good play.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

At least Houston's Defense is good and can put the pressure on, but honestly I don't think Houston has any chance at all against them. It will be a tougher game for us for sure. KC started putting up some big pass plays later this season. If we can stop that and the short passing game, we should be fine on Def. As for our offense, I am not sure they have the def to match up to us, especially with the rookies stepping it up. Should have our TE back for a middle of the field threat. I think Miami's DL is better than KC's so I think our OL will be fine. We should be able to put over 100yds on the ground also. Going to be a tougher game for sure.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    The attitude KC will have entering this game will rival that of what the Steelers had today. And Tyreek Hill against Danny Smith's special teams is a concern. Still though, with the 3 Bs, this team will be a tough out for anyone
    I agree. We have to get off to another good start, or be able to keep them from getting any kind of momentum.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The joke is out of the way. Now for the real deal. KC is much better than Miami.

Steelers are heading out on the road going into one of the toughest places to play. Arrowhead Stadium against the Chiefs. KC is likely out for some revenge for the SNF beating.

There will be no 43-14 this time around, that's for certain.

Really sucks that the two biggest threats to NE are playing in the Divisional Round, while NE is going to be facing Assweiler.

The amazing thing is that Houston's defense is the real deal. The have guys that can rush the passer and guys that can cover.

If Assweiler can do something....anything to put some points up in this game, the Texans are dangerous. He needs to play out of his ass and over his head to win. I don't see it, but stranger things have happened.

You never know. Brady could get something snapped in this game against that defense. It seems we are always playing playoff games with huge injuries to our best players. The Tapriots are not the same without Gronk against good defenses. Let's hope for a miracle.

The Texans have no chance next week....Their offense is horrible.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

This game scares me. You know damn well KC will be looking for redemption the same way we were today.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Double team Justin Houston, even if its just a little chip block from our 2nd guy. Tyreek Hill didnt emerge yet last time around. Getting Vince Williams back (hopefully) will be huge for the special teams. If we need to kick shorter, but with greater hang time, im completely in favor of it.

Ben has been pretty shitty on the road and he's about to play in the loudest stadium out there. Time to get it together Ben, we need you...do you want to shut up the haters once and for all or not? We need to be able to transition well between the run and pass to complement each other. The passing game was pretty poor against a bad dolphins defense is were being honest with ourselves. And they were short 3 out of 4 of their starting secondary. How did we not take advantage of that, especially with Bell running wild?

I have the utmost confidence in our run defense and we'll get some depth back in Mathews by next week probably. Dare Alex Smith to beat us.

If we get up early like we did against the Dolphins, the chiefs are toast. No way are they built for that, and if they try, they're going to go at it towards Hill.

- - - Updated - - -

Eric Berry and Jeremy Maclin being questionable is huge for us. We ought to use aggressive press coverage against Kelce again. Chiefs might be missing their starting ILB as well
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Double team Justin Houston, even if its just a little chip block from our 2nd guy. Tyreek Hill didnt emerge yet last time around. Getting Vince Williams back (hopefully) will be huge for the special teams. If we need to kick shorter, but with greater hang time, im completely in favor of it.

Ben has been pretty shitty on the road and he's about to play in the loudest stadium out there. Time to get it together Ben, we need you...do you want to shut up the haters once and for all or not? We need to be able to transition well between the run and pass to complement each other. The passing game was pretty poor against a bad dolphins defense is were being honest with ourselves. And they were short 3 out of 4 of their starting secondary. How did we not take advantage of that, especially with Bell running wild?

I have the utmost confidence in our run defense and we'll get some depth back in Mathews by next week probably. Dare Alex Smith to beat us.

If we get up early like we did against the Dolphins, the chiefs are toast. No way are they built for that, and if they try, they're going to go at it towards Hill.

Ben took advantage of the secondary of the dolphins in the first half(11/12 2 TD,1 INT for about 160 yards) ...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Ben took advantage of the secondary of the dolphins in the first half(11/12 2 TD,1 INT for about 160 yards) ...
    Ben was 1/6 for 14 yards, and 2 interceptions starting late in the 2nd quarter. Which was coincidentally right around where we thought it was a good idea to run Bell into a wall without the assistance of any early down passes/play action passes. Wasted opportunities that never came close to mattering in what was thankfully a very satisfying blowout. We wont be so lucky for the rest of the playoffs
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    This game scares me. You know damn well KC will be looking for redemption the same way we were today.
    I think it two different scenarios. That was a game where we played bad in a game we very well could and probably should have won. We beat ourselves so there's little to do but determine to prove it. For KC, however, the kick the head in that game can't be so easily dismissed. If we get rolling at all against them, it's going to be difficult to get the previous game out of their heads and for them not to think, "here we go again."

Ben was 1/6 for 14 yards, and 2 interceptions starting late in the 2nd quarter. Which was coincidentally right around where we thought it was a good idea to run Bell into a wall without the assistance of any early down passes/play action passes. Wasted opportunities that never came close to mattering in what was thankfully a very satisfying blowout. We wont be so lucky for the rest of the playoffs
    I don't believe that is comparable. We were up by three scores already and decided to start bleeding the clock already. Doing so allowed Ben and Brown to get a little cold and out of rhythm, which is find in the given scenario. IMO, had the score been closer, we would have seen a different Ben and Brown at the end of the second quarter and throughout the second half. But, as it was, we were already in "closing it out" mode. With the D and how they are playing right now, that is absolutely fine.

Each game is different

The steelers will never be perfect, but they are able to find a way to win.

#CRASHFormation

Ben was 1/6 for 14 yards, and 2 interceptions starting late in the 2nd quarter.

One of those was a drop. Actually two of those, including one pick, was a drop.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Ben in a boot this week...if KC stops our run...not good for us!! Only saving grace is our D is playing well and if they can get points we will always stand a chance

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Ben can't make dumb throw against the Chiefs and expect to win. Bring in more Rogers screens and play action to Bell out of the backfield.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    Ben in a boot this week...if KC stops our run...not good for us!! Only saving grace is our D is playing well and if they can get points we will always stand a chance

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Ben can't make dumb throw against the Chiefs and expect to win. Bring in more Rogers screens and play action to Bell out of the backfield.
    But those are "game manager" passes. Still SMH at that one...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I have very little,confidence the Steelers win this game. On the road...ON THE ROAD is the first problem. The Steelers destroyed them the first time they played...the Chiefs are seeking revenge...in the exact same way the Steelers were seeking it today. The Chiefs are leaps and bounds a better team than the Dolphins and they match up well against the Steelers. They may squeak out a win but it's not going to be by much...I'm leaning more towards a loss here though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I have very little,confidence the Steelers win this game. On the road...ON THE ROAD is the first problem. The Steelers destroyed them the first time they played...the Chiefs are seeking revenge...in the exact same way the Steelers were seeking it today. The Chiefs are leaps and bounds a better team than the Dolphins and they match up well against the Steelers. They may squeak out a win but it's not going to be by much...I'm leaning more towards a loss here though...
    Not true in bold

The Chiefs are not very good against the run....24th or 25th I think, so the chiefs are probably very afraid of Bell.

The chiefs are not in the top 20 for yards in offense and defense, the reason for their 12-4 record is the turnovers, so if the steelers do not lose the battle turnovers, the steelers have a very good chance of winning.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

The Kansas City Chiefs will host the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs. According to Westgate’s Jeff Sherman, the Steelers enter the matchup as 1.5 point road favorites after being favored by 2.5 points in the opening line. The over-under opens at 46.5 points.
    http://heavy.com/sports/2017/01/kans...r-point-total/

The steelers were favorite by 12 points against Miami.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I think it two different scenarios. That was a game where we played bad in a game we very well could and probably should have won. We beat ourselves so there's little to do but determine to prove it. For KC, however, the kick the head in that game can't be so easily dismissed. If we get rolling at all against them, it's going to be difficult to get the previous game out of their heads and for them not to think, "here we go again."

I don't believe that is comparable. We were up by three scores already and decided to start bleeding the clock already. Doing so allowed Ben and Brown to get a little cold and out of rhythm, which is find in the given scenario. IMO, had the score been closer, we would have seen a different Ben and Brown at the end of the second quarter and throughout the second half. But, as it was, we were already in "closing it out" mode. With the D and how they are playing right now, that is absolutely fine.

The other thing is how AB played after the first quarter. The first interception went right through his hands. He then dropped another perfectly thrown ball on a crossing patter with nobody in front of him, then on the very next play, was open down the sideline. Ben threw the ball deep and AB never saw it. When do you ever see that from him?

This bashing of Ben is getting tiresome. Nobody else ever gets blamed. No matter how many passes AB drops or wrong routes or lack of effort in blocking....he's the man.

I'll say this though. Did you see AB block today? He made a real effort to block today. He stuck his nose in there and stuck with blocks that helped the running game. That's the kind of stuff people should notice if they were really watching today.

Let's not put everything on Ben here guys.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    But those are "game manager" passes. Still SMH at that one...
    Are you going to insist on using hyperbole outside of context or use a calculated retort towards disagreeing with other people? Ben's successful passes today were all easy wide open throws: screens, slants, and curls. My criticism was the fact that that was ALL we were successful at doing through the air today, NOT the fact that we were doing them. Play selection was extremely shallow for a very undermanned dolphins defense missing 3 of its 4 starters in the secondary. And I also complained about the lack of play action passes not just today, but in recent years. Ben has been one of the best PA throwers since he came into the league and we have the best back in the league running wild. Am i supposed to feel foolish for feeling that way?

Again, I would welcome an actual discussion versus the "ughhh, leave Ben alone" routine

We WILL lose against New England if we get sloppy Ben. If we get that far.

#CRASHFormation

Ben has been pretty shitty on the road and he's about to play in the loudest stadium out there. Time to get it together Ben, we need you...do you want to shut up the haters once and for all or not?

Any "Ben Hater" who's in his own fan base? Well, I'll use this picture as to how I feel about them.

Are you going to insist on using hyperbole outside of context or use a calculated retort towards disagreeing with other people? Ben's successful passes today were all easy wide open throws: screens, slants, and curls. My criticism was the fact that that was ALL we were successful at doing through the air today, NOT the fact that we were doing them. Play selection was extremely shallow for a very undermanned dolphins defense missing 3 of its 4 starters in the secondary. And I also complained about the lack of play action passes not just today, but in recent years. Ben has been one of the best PA throwers since he came into the league and we have the best back in the league running wild. Am i supposed to feel foolish for feeling that way?

Again, I would welcome an actual discussion versus the "ughhh, leave Ben alone" routine

We WILL lose against New England if we get sloppy Ben. If we get that far.
    Isn't one of the biggest criticisms against him that he doesn't take what other teams give him and tries to force things? Then when he does take what other teams give him, he gets his ass ridden for making "game manager throws." I've said for years that by and large, Yinzer Nation doesn't deserve him and we'll see how much more he's appreciated when we wind up with another bum like Kordell Stewart that one-hops passes in the dirt in front of wide open receivers when he isn't throwing it directly to the other team. I stand by that assertion.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Isn't one of the biggest criticisms against him that he doesn't take what other teams give him and tries to force things? Then when he does take what other teams give him, he gets his ass ridden for making "game manager throws." I've said for years that by and large, Yinzer Nation doesn't deserve him and we'll see how much more he's appreciated when we wind up with another bum like Kordell Stewart that one-hops passes in the dirt in front of wide open receivers when he isn't throwing it directly to the other team. I stand by that assertion.
    i already explained this. the "game manager throws" isnt a complaint to stop using those throws if theyre working. i said that because i was perplexed by why people were so amazed at what Ben did for the 1st quarter and a half of the game. Our offensive gameplan for the other 2.5 quarters was rather strange wouldnt you say? Did the dolphins not give us great play action pass opportunities which we refused to utilize? Do we not have arguably the best play action passer in the game in Ben? We had great opportunities that will cost us in the AFCCG and beyond if we make it that far. Our imperfections, win or lose, are opportunities to improve. Hell, regarding the play action passes i didnt even put it all on Ben. there are days where im trying to figure out what players im allowed to say anything at least somewhat negative about. You havent addressed any of my points above yet and that doesnt exactly make for much of an interesting discussion.

#CRASHFormation

Any motherfucker that doesn't appreciate what Ben has brought to this team deserves to watch Kordell's 2001 BS "Pro Bowl season".

Where after five games he had as many TD passes....as Jerome Bettis!