Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Divisional Round: Kansas City Chiefs

Senior Member Array title="BigBen2004 will become famous soon enough">

Re: Divisional Round: Kansas City Chiefs

Sorry that I'm being impartial. Realistic.
    We're allowed to be nervous. I'll still be cheering them on and praying for a win. It doesn't make me any less of a fan. I refuse to walk around with the shades on 24/7.

Having said that, we have more talent. We should win.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The loser of this game will be the Head Coach in the Pro Bowl!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Gameday.

"they need to start wining some games and they can no lose any more games."

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The loser of this game will be the Head Coach in the Pro Bowl!
    I remember when Cowher use to be a fixture as the coach when it use to be the AFC Championship loser.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I remember when Cowher use to be a fixture as the coach when it use to be the AFC Championship loser.
    same for Andy Reid in the NFC.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    same for Andy Reid in the NFC.
    Yep and was thinking that too. They both really enjoyed there annual Hawaiian Vacation. I don't know where the PB is held this year but lets giving Andy another vacation for all his hard work he done this year.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

We'd be in the third quarter right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Aside from Steelers-Falcons, that is actually the matchup which I am the most interested in watching.
    Agreed. The one they probably want the most (Cowboys/Patriots) I won't watch.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I'm thinking they would prefer the Brady/Rogers lovefest.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I'm thinking they would prefer the Brady/Rogers lovefest.
    I'll probably go skiing for that one too...

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2004 View Post
    Man am I nervous.

To know it could all end in 24 hours, is not a fun thought.

We made it this far last year. I'd hate to lose in the divisional round again..

And almost EVERYONE is picking the Chiefs
    I gotta admitt i am nervouse myself. KC is the most complete team in the NFL right now

Sorry that I'm being impartial. Realistic.
    We're allowed to be nervous. I'll still be cheering them on and praying for a win. It doesn't make me any less of a fan. I refuse to walk around with the shades on 24/7.

Having said that, we have more talent. We should win.
    Sorry, I don't think being confident that the Steelers win is "walking around with shades on." Especially against a team they steamrolled earlier in the season. Yeah, KC is playing better now, but so are the Steelers (see: 8-game winning streak). I think a lot of people are giving them too much credit for beating up on a Broncos team that has zero offense.

That being said, I'll have a major case of the butterflies come game time.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="BigBen2004 will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Sorry, I don't think being confident that the Steelers win is "walking around with shades on." Especially against a team they steamrolled earlier in the season. Yeah, KC is playing better now, but so are the Steelers (see: 8-game winning streak). I think a lot of people are giving them too much credit for beating up on a Broncos team that has zero offense.

That being said, I'll have a major case of the butterflies come game time.
    Having confidence is a great thing. No knock on anyone there. I just don't like the assumption from some that if someone has doubts, they aren't a "real fan". I'm not saying you insinuated that, just speaking generally.

Im just recognizing that KC is a very solid team, and I could see us losing, just as easily as us winning.

Having confidence is a great thing. No knock on anyone there. I just don't like the assumption from some that if someone has doubts, they aren't a "real fan". I'm not saying you insinuated that, just speaking generally.
    Agreed - that shit's annoying.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

risk? what's the risk? its not like he's fumbled on returns or anything before
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    risk? what's the risk? its not like he's fumbled on returns or anything before
    Knock on wood...please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Holy crap. Here we go!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

WINNERS!!!!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

The asshole that drops a pass deep down the middle of the field that hit him in the hands, and the guy that flattens a Steeler for a personal foul penalty 30 seconds after the play was over......is the guy blaming the refs for stealing the game from them..............

Alrighty then!!!

I counted at least THREE instances where the clock was down to zero on their offense without a flag.

And I could see letting it go if it were ticky-tack, but Harrison was TACKLED on the two-point conversion attempt. Of course, I loved the way Michaels and Collinsworth tried to make a "controversy" out of it, but the hold was so egregious that it was a laughable attempt. Hell, even the whiners over on the Suckhawks board were mute about it.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I counted at least THREE instances where the clock was down to zero on their offense without a flag.

And I could see letting it go if it were ticky-tack, but Harrison was TACKLED on the two-point conversion attempt.
    Clock running down isn't an issue for me, as the person keeping the eye on the clock has to then turn to look and see if the ball is snapped. Most of the time the ball ends up being snapped before the guy can focus on the center/football. That's a wash for me. On the Harrison penalty . . . seriously. I was shocked they actually called it, finally. How many times have we seen Harrison get mugged and not a flag in sight? Very important play, excellent call.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Well, at least the Chiefs fans around me were gracious hosts. As usual, that entire game could've been decided by one play.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Well, at least the Chiefs fans around me were gracious hosts. As usual, that entire game could've been decided by one play.
    You got to see a great game in a hostile environment.

From what I hear, KC fans are a classy bunch. They are a team that can be in the mix every year for while with the talent they have.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Chatsnaps! ESPN is dumber than soup!