Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Divisional Round: Kansas City Chiefs

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Divisional Round: Kansas City Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The problem of Houston is that they have the worst offense in the last 10 years to make the playoffs and you can't beat the pats without offense.

Personally, I want to beat the Patriots on their field, but we have to beat the Chiefs before that.
    To be the best, you have to beat the best? I can't argue against that. How about this. Avenge the loss to Miami, win on the road at KC, avenge the loss to NE, avenge the loss to Dallas. Revenge for earlier this season as well as '95. That would leave only the Eagles loss to avenge at a later time.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    To be the best, you have to beat the best? I can't argue against that. How about this. Avenge the loss to Miami, win on the road at KC, avenge the loss to NE, avenge the loss to Dallas. Revenge for earlier this season as well as '95. That would leave only the Eagles loss to avenge at a later time.
    Id prefer the packers to avenge for the superbowl loss
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="BigBen2004 will become famous soon enough">

Don't know how I feel about this one.
    KC is going to be extra motivated, off a bye, and at home. Gulp.

But, this team has a resiliency it didn't have in 2014 or 2015. They're never out of it. They've really put things together. It would be so painful to see them lose in the divisional round, again. The talent is there. We've fallen twice in a row. It's time for the bounce back. Third times a charm, right?

We'll be underdogs. Our defense will still be talked about all week, in a negative light. All of the analysts will say KC is the more complete team and Ben's "injury" will hamper us....
    But damnit, I'm taking the Steelers to win this game. I'm following my heart here.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Here's the thing...

Teams used to talk about how they'd gameplan away from Troy & Harrison. Yet, when the spotlights came on, those two always made splash plays... because they were simply more talented than anyone else on the field.

Likewise, teams can talk about stopping BB, Bell, & AB, but they are simply more talented than anyone else on the field. As I've posted for months now, when those three are clicking, no one else can keep up.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

But, this team has a resiliency it didn't have in 2014 or 2015.
    The 2015 Team went four weeks without Ben, pulled a big comeback over the Broncos at Heinz, Lost Le'Veon Bell the rest of the season, and still made the playoffs and took the Champion Broncos to the brink in Denver, only to be done in by Toussaint's fumble.

The 2014 and 2015 teams had horrid luck with injuries at the worst possible time. Sunday's game was the first time we've had the Killer B's at once, and the first time we've had Bell for a playoff game.

I tell people that if they thought Le'Veon Bell wouldn't have made a difference against the Ravens and Broncos, you're kidding your self. They caught as serious break those years.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The 2015 Team went four weeks without Ben, pulled a big comeback over the Broncos at Heinz, Lost Le'Veon Bell the rest of the season, and still made the playoffs and took the Champion Broncos to the brink in Denver, only to be done in by Toussaint's fumble.

Last years' team was plenty resilient, the loss of their best players just finished them off.
    This is true that the 2015 team was very resilient.

So many injuries, but they never give up.I never saw the steelers give up when they had adversity under Tomlin.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

So many injuries, but they never give up.I never saw the steelers give up when they had adversity under Tomlin.
    Me neither. When they started out 0-4 in 2013, they could have easily just did what the Texans did that season and tank the rest of the way for the highest draft pick possible. Instead, they rallied to go 8-8 and came within a cat's whisker of making the playoffs.

Roethlisberger thinks Steelers will correct 2nd-half shortcomings

For more than 29 minutes Sunday, Ben Roethlisberger was perfect.

The Steelers quarterback completed his first 11 throws in a windy stadium, set a Steelers playoff record with 162 first-quarter yards, and almost reached halftime with a perfect passer rating in a 30-12 playoff victory over the Miami Dolphins at Heinz Field.

He connected twice with Antonio Brown for first-quarter touchdowns of 50 and 62 yards.

Yet, despite all of his offense's early successes, Roethlisberger expressed concern that the passing game “lacked a little detail” after halftime when the Steelers were held to 10 second-half points.

“I think we can be better,” he said after the wild-card win. “I think it's a little bit of a false positive, if you will, because you start out so well. We went down and scored the first three series, and you're kind of doing whatever we wanted to *— and that's a really good defense, especially their front seven and their line.

“I don't know what it was, but it will be addressed this week. I won't say ‘addressed,' that sounds so harsh, but we will talk about it.”

read more

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...yards-steelers

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Me neither. When they started out 0-4 in 2013, they could have easily just did what the Texans did that season and tank the rest of the way for the highest draft pick possible. Instead, they rallied to go 8-8 and came within a cat's whisker of making the playoffs.
    After that 0-4 start, Tomlin has gone 40-20 since (regular season).

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm thinking we see more of that 'Jumbo' package this week. Ben can still throw from it, and Bell can definitely run behind it.

Steelers' James Harrison on Chiefs: 'We played them this year?'

James Harrison has played in many NFL games — 204 of them including playoffs, to be exact — so we understand if he forgets some details about a few.

But we find it hard to believe the Steelers linebacker "didn't know" Pittsburgh played and beat Kansas City in Week 4 this season. Harrison logged two tackles in that game, a 43-14 Steelers home win on Sunday Night Football.

Sunday's divisional playoff game will be in Kansas City, though, since the Chiefs entered the postseason as the AFC's No. 2 seed and the Steelers its No. 3 seed.

Harrison on Sunday was asked about the October Chiefs game in relation to the rematch, and the 38-year-old acted like he had no idea it would indeed be a rematch.

read more

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...61qqhzxqdomln7

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Here are some of the numbers on the Chiefs' defense from this past regular season:

They had the 24th overall defense, 18th passing defense that allowed 247.4 yards per game, and the 26th rushing defense that gave up 121.1 yards per game on the ground.

The Chiefs defense did have 18 interceptions, but only produced 27 sacks.

Without a lot of knowledge and other information on the Chiefs defense, I think the Steelers should run the ball for majority of the game with a 6th lineman. Just let Le'Veon do what he does. I'd also try to stay away from Marcus Peters because this guy is the real deal.

Here is another thing. The Chiefs were 6-2 this past regular season, but they beat the Chargers (5-11), Jets (5-11), Saints (7-9), Jaguars (3-13) four 4 of those victories while also losing to the Titans and Bucs at home, which neither team made the playoffs. The Steelers can do this.

I'd also try to stay away from Marcus Peters because this guy is the real deal
    Yes but if Antonio Brown is one on one against Peters, I think Brown can win this matchup.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Yes but if Antonio Brown is one on one against Peters, I think Brown can win this matchup.
    I would imagine that the Chiefs would try to have double coverage on Antonio. I think it would be foolish on their part to have single coverage on him because we all know the damage he can do in single coverage.

RUN Le'Veon RUN!

Senior Member Array title="BigBen2004 will become famous soon enough">

The 2015 outfit was resilient, but this team seems different.

Final three games of the season were comeback victories. Even in a meaningless game with our backups, they fought back.

Health is the major factor here, yes. But, let's not pretend this team doesn't have "special" feel to them.

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

Reid said "everyone who banged up is good to go."

Houston, Ware specifically. Lets see about Berry.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2004 View Post

Final three games of the season were comeback victories. Even in a meaningless game with our backups, they fought back.

Health is the major factor here, yes. But, let's not pretend this team doesn't have "special" feel to them.
    I agree.

And they are most certainly peaking at the right time.

It is amazing to see how far they have come from the 4-5 "sky is falling" middle of the season.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I think for the Steeler's to win at K.C. the things the team needs to do are: 1) Kick everything out of bounds (Hill will kill the special team), 2) Pass rush, pass rush and pass rush, and 3) Special team needs to learn what they are supposed to do...cover and TACKLE person with ball or trying to get ball.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

RUN Le'Veon RUN!

Darren Sproles would have had 1,003 yards.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Darren Sproles would have had 1,003 yards.
    lmao

Joking aside...

If the Steelers are on KC's side of the 50, and it's fourth down, I might go for it (as opposed to punting to Tyreek Hill).

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Joking aside...

If the Steelers are on KC's side of the 50, and it's fourth down, I might go for it (as opposed to punting to Tyreek Hill).

DON'T punt to Hill
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2004 View Post

This team is special, but it's almost the same team as last year (At least our leaders of this team) and they had a lot of character in the game in Denver.

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

For me its gonna be on Berry. Hang time! Kick that ball high high high

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Junior Member Array title="Coochie liquor is an unknown quantity at this point">

Hi Steelers Universe, KC fan here. Just coming to talk football, no trolling or disrespect here. I enjoy seeing how the other teams fans look at the matchups etc. Should be a good game (hopefully better than the last one we played), here's to no injuries for either team.

The only time his two teams faced in the playoffs was in 1993, and the Chiefs with Joe Montana won 27-24 in overtime in Kansas City.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...9401080kan.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
    Hi Steelers Universe, KC fan here. Just coming to talk football, no trolling or disrespect here. I enjoy seeing how the other teams fans look at the matchups etc. Should be a good game (hopefully better than the last one we played), here's to no injuries for either team.
    Welcome.

This should be a very physical game.

Junior Member Array title="Coochie liquor is an unknown quantity at this point">

It's gonna be pretty difficult for KC to stop Bell, but that absolutely has to be the game plan. As stupid as it sounds, we have to make Ben beat us with his arm (which he's more than capable of doing), and blanket Brown. Much easier said than done. We are getting Houston back, but he's barely played all year, and who knows what capacity he's really gonna be able to play. See Ford has stepped it up this season for us, but he's been less of a factor the games that Houston played. He plays better from the right side which should be he plan this week. If we can generate pressure with Houston, Ford, Poe, and Chris Jones (who is a beast of a rookie), and keep Berry or Sorenson shadowing Bell. But.... your O line is pretty good at protecting Ben and also run blocking. Another difference between this game and the last is Terrance Mitchell is playing at a pretty high level since taking over for Gaines.
    Offensively we seem to be a little more polished than when we faced each other this season. The last 2 games of the season we started clicking a little bit offensively. Albeit the last one was against SD, but we beat Dungver pretty handily and they were the #5 overall defense. Alex drives me crazy, and I love him or hate him from week to week. He is the key to the offense, if he's in he's good, if he's off.... Tyreek is FAST, and if Andy doesn't decide to forget that he has him, he's able to make big things happen. Same with in ST, I'm sure you know but the guy has wheels. Kelce, Maclin, and Ware can also make you have to cover the whole field, and Alex usually gets the ball out pretty quick. The weakness of your D seems to be the rookie corners, so I'm sure Andy will test them with quick passes, and don't forget TONS of bubble screens. I've already seen enough to last a lifetime lol.
    I'm hoping for a win, but anything is possible. We don't match up great with you, but we've played pretty consistent football for the most part this season. You guys are in a major hot streak and could easily take this game also. I'm excited, here's to a great game!