Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Colin Cowherd:Steelers are the biggest underachievers in the NFL over the last 5 years

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Re: Colin Cowherd:Steelers are the biggest underachievers in the NFL over the last 5 years

Part of the reason that Coward undervalues Tomlin is that he overvalues Roethlisberger. He says Roethlisberger is an A+ QB all-time. While Ben puts in a lot of A+ performances he also puts in a lot of C performances. Roethlisberger's career playoff rating is 84 and his TD:INT ratio falls from 2:1 to 1:1.

I'm not trying to bash Ben just being realistic. "GOAT" Peyton and "GOAT" Brady have a rating of 87 same as little Eli who I've never heard is "OMG THE GREATEST EVER!!!" despite beating "the greatest ever" twice when it counted the most.

The other bit is Coward is racist. I don't care THAT Tomlin is being criticized I care WHY and HOW Tomlin is being criticized. Tomlin's personnel decisions can suck see: Blake, Cam Thomas, "Rollerskates" Scott, Sean Mahan, Ziggy Hood playing over Cam Heyward etc; Tomlin's injury decisions can suck see: playing Leftwich with broken ribs, QB sneak with Ben who had an ankle and head injury, playing Ben and Bell in garbage time vs Dolphins (credit for having garbage time in a playoff game though) etc. ; Tomlin's game management can suck see: failed trick plays, kicking a 50 yard FG with Suisham ever for sny reason etc.

Cowherd calling Tomlin "emotional" is just a 180 from reality. Tomlin's post game press conferences are always the same, and he never gets too high or low. It's the same as calling Tomlin a "cheerleader." Ask 1st round pick Mendenhall how much of a cheerleader Tomlin is. Hell, Tomlin just publicly told AB he will be off the team if he doesn't cut out the BS. AB has 371 catches for 35 TDs in the past 3 years. He is historically a top 5 WR based on production and I have no doubt he will be off the team if he Facebook Live streams again. Some cheerleader.

When commentators criticize Tomlin based on his performance and decisions it isn't racist whatsoever; when Tomlin is always even keeled and he is described as "emotional" it makes me wonder why. It especially makes me wonder when Cowherd praises Kiffin and Saban as "great coaches" but claims he doesn't like "emotional" coaches. Saban and Kiffin yelled at each other, yell at coaching staff, yell at players, pout during interviews, walk out of interviews etc. but they aren't "emotional" instead they are "great coaches." Hmm... I wonder why.

Bradshaw whines and complains that Noll was too hard on him and he hated the yelling and being grabbed... says he wanted a father figure. Then Bradshaw criticizes Tomlin for not yelling, not grabbing and just teaching... weird. I am 100% certain Bradshaw would have preferred to play for Tomlin. Bet AB doesn't see Tomlin as a cheerleader right now.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Colin Cowherd:Steelers are the biggest underachievers in the NFL over the last 5 years

Cowherd is racist and super unaware of how his rich white status has any impact on his life. Have you ever heard him rant about John Wall from the Wizards? Hates the dude and all I can hear is that Wall is young and black and different than Cow so therefore bad? He also likes to rant about how to manage money and create wealth. Argues it is easy and just takes common sense. Has no ability to see that you have to have money to invest and buy real estate with first.

Junior Member Array title="HereWeGo is an unknown quantity at this point">

[QUOTE=#CRASHFormation;574063]Mendenhall played well in 2009 and 2010. He's not the receiver Bell is, but IMO Bell isn't as fast as Mendenhall was.

Quote Originally Posted by #CRASHFormation View Post
    Mendenhall played well in 2009 and 2010. He's not the receiver Bell is, but IMO Bell isn't as fast as Mendenhall was.

Don't sell Mendenhall's 2009 and 2010 seasons short. He was an excellent back those two seasons.
    This may be my 1st post here. But Ive been watching the Steelers since the mid 70s.And since following the draft (mid 80s) I don't think Ive ever been more furious with a 1st round pick than I was with Mindy, its what I called him from the 1st time I seen him play at Illinois. The kid was soft as all get out and hated being hit. He had no passion at all. In that draft there were a ton better RBs than Mindy was.

2008 Draft RBs
    Darren McFadden
    Jonathan Stewart
    Felix Jones

The 3 above were already gone by the time the Steelers picked at 23. But these players was still on the board then

Chris Johnson RB - Round 1 Pick 24 Tennessee Titans
    Matt Forte RB Round 2 Pick 44 Chicago Bears
    Ray Rice We will skip
    Jamaal Charles RB Round 3 Pick 73 KC Cheifs
    Steve Slaton RB Round 3 Pick 89 Houston Texans

I would have much rather had Johnson, Forte or Charles than Mindy. Ray Rice if not for the off the field issues was 5x the RB Mindy was and if the Texans actually had an OLINE then Slaton would have been a decent RB.

Quote Originally Posted by #CRASHFormation View Post

Don't care about shorts and T-shirts. Mendenhall in the open field was a better runner than Bell is now.

What was his YPC in 2009-2010? That was what I was referring to.

He was never the same after he hurt that knee. And he also battled knee and toe injuries in Arizona.

Bell has been suspended twice for pot use. Kinda silly to say he's the opposite of Mendenhall.
    Mindy a better runner in the open, yeah right. Mindy hardly ever got in the open field. His career YPC was 3.9. That's fullback YPC or short yardagage/Goal Line (Mike Alstott) numbers not #1 RB numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Mendenhall was slightly faster and able to break longer td runs then Bell IMO. He also had that amazing spin move lol.
    No he wasn't. And Bell runs through holes Mindy would have never seen.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Easy to say that stuff about Blount now when he was so productive in Bells absence...lol. People loved him and then he went down hill.
    Blount was a poor decision to even give a contract to as a FA. Of course I also think the guy should have never played a down in the NFL for stomping on the Boise State players head. I know if I would have ever been a GM I wouldn't have touched him with a 10 foot pole.