Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Cowherd:Steelers are the biggest underachievers in the NFL over the last 5 years

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Colin Cowherd:Steelers are the biggest underachievers in the NFL over the last 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by #CRASHFormation View Post
    To say they couldn't have Sproles because of the cap is wrong.

The Steelers were very tight with the cap last year.

#CRASHFormation

Re: Colin Cowherd:Steelers are the biggest underachievers in the NFL over the last 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The Steelers were very tight with the cap last year.
    So you write Ben a check for $5 million from his base salary as a "bonus", which then gets spread out.

Instant cap room.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    No, trade Bell straight up for Darren Sproles, (lol)

So you write Ben a check for $5 million from his base salary as a "bonus", which then gets spread out.

Instant cap room.

It would have been a very bad idea, since we need this money for Brown, Bell and Tuitt in 2017.

That's why the cap hit of Roethlisberger is only 18 million for the 2017 season. It's 23 million this year.

Also for Sproles, no one could predict that the steelers would be without our top 2 running back and without Antonio Brown against Denver.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

We should have signed him and left confirmed douchebag LeGarrette Blount be.
    Darren Sproles wasn't even a free agent in 2014. He was traded for a 5th round pick that year and at the time of the trade was a 31 year-old player who never was a starting RB.

Plus, would you really want a 5'6 190 LB player starting a playoff game and getting 25-30 touches in the playoffs against physical defenses like the Ravens, Bengals, and Broncos? He'd get killed out there. You are giving way too much respect for a 3rd down RB who has averaged more than 10 touches on offense in a season (rushes and receptions) once in his entire career

#CRASHFormation

It would have been a very bad idea, since we need this money for Brown, Bell and Tuitt in 2017.

Signing Darren Sproles has no impact on the others above. None.

Bell's going to get tagged. They don't trust him enough for a long term deal.

I think no amount of money will make Brown sign early. I think he'll test free agency.

Darren Sproles wasn't even a free agent in 2014. He was traded for a 5th round pick that year and at the time of the trade was a 31 year-old player who never was a starting RB

Which is why his age doesn't matter. His body doesn't have the wear and tear on it as other 31 year old RB's do.

We are going to insist on this offensive system, then do it right. Sproles was/is a PERFECT FIT for Haley's offense.

Signing Darren Sproles has no impact on the others above. None.

Bell's going to get tagged. They don't trust him enough for a long term deal.

I think no amount of money will make Brown sign early. I think he'll test free agency.

[/COLOR]

Are you serious?

Antonio Brown can't wait since at least 2 years to have a new contract and if he has no new contract next year, he will be on the franchise TAG in 2018.He don't want to wait another year.

For Bell, fortunately you're not Colbert, since the steelers can't let Bell go!

Bell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mendenhall!!!!!

#CRASHFormation

Show me where I said I'd let Bell go?

Oh that's right, I never said it.

Antonio Brown can't wait since at least 2 years to have a new contract and if he has no new contract next year, he will be on the franchise TAG in 2018.He don't want to wait another year.

And I still think he'll test free agency. You think the Pats if they wanted him wouldn't give up picks #29-#32 to take him?

Show me where I said I'd let Bell go?

Oh that's right, I never said it.
    I do not think the steelers will let Bell leave after the next season, it would be so stupid and the steelers are not stupid!

#CRASHFormation

I do not think the steelers will let Bell leave after the next season, it would be so stupid and the steelers are not stupid!
    They signed LeGarrette Blount and hired Todd Haley.

BOTH of those decisions were stupid.

#CRASHFormation

Where's Blount? Oh that's right that POS quit on this team.

Didn't need him, didn't fill a void.

Cement hands, as we all know Haley wants his backs to be able to catch also.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, would you really want a 5'6 190 LB player starting a playoff game and getting 25-30 touches in the playoffs against physical defenses like the Ravens, Bengals, and Broncos? He'd get killed out there.

Over Fitz Touissant? Absolutely.

Yeah because teams have been killing him since he began playing.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Yeah because teams have been killing him since he began playing. [/COLOR]
    Yeah because like I said earlier, Sproles averaged more than 10 rushes and receptions in a season once in his career. He is nothing more than a 3rd down RB, always has been. With him on the team, you'd still need a starting RB to carry more of a load

#CRASHFormation

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Yeah because like I said earlier, Sproles averaged more than 10 rushes and receptions in a season once in his career. He is nothing more than a 3rd down RB, always has been
    Which is exactly WHY I wanted him here.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Colin Cowherd:Steelers are the biggest underachievers in the NFL over the last 5 years

They signed LeGarrette Blount and hired Todd Haley.

BOTH of those decisions were stupid.
    In hindsight the Blount decision was mishandled all the way through. At the time is was a great signing...just like Haley has been a great signing. Lol. Sproles is washed up. He has one good play a month...if that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    In hindsight the Blount decision was mishandled all the way through.
    Yep. They should have suspended Sucker Punch for the remainder of the season and then cut his ass about 30 seconds after the Super Bowl ended.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yep. They should have suspended Sucker Punch for the remainder of the season and then cut his ass about 30 seconds after the Super Bowl ended.

No doubt about it. Everything seems clear with hindsight.

I think they just wanted him as far away from the team as possible...as fast as possible. The worst part of the whole Blount ordeal is seeing that asshole be immediately signed by the Tapriots. I still think that Blount had a deal in place with New England, and did whatever it took to get released from the Steelers. Blount made it happen because of that. If he had nowhere to go, I think the whole thing would have played out differently.

He knew that he would never see significant playing time with Bell in front of him.

Anything the Tapriots are involved in smells like absolute shit......

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    No doubt about it. Everything seems clear with hindsight.

I think they just wanted him as far away from the team as possible...as fast as possible. The worst part of the whole Blount ordeal is seeing that asshole be immediately signed by the Tapriots. I still think that Blount had a deal in place with New England, and did whatever it took to get released from the Steelers. Blount made it happen because of that. If he had nowhere to go, I think the whole thing would have played out differently.

He knew that he would never see significant playing time with Bell in front of him.

Anything the Tapriots are involved in smells like absolute shit......
    Oh, there's no doubt in my mind they tampered with him. I'd have loved to have seen his cell phone records right around the time he decided to quit on the team.

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Please. 1-4 at home in the AFCC game is a sin. Especially the Chargers game where Cowher let a dance teacher have access to the locker room to prepare, albeit for charity, a SB rap video during the week.

Cowher wanted O'Donnell. Cowher wanted Kordell. He didn't want Ben. He made his own QB bed. He had to lie in it.
    If the Seahawks give the ball to Lynch twice the Pats would be 0-2 in Superbowls and 0-3 in AFC championship games in the last 5 years. Belichick must be a terrible coach!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Yep. Have him sit at home on a conduct detrimental to the team...rot the rest of the season and then release him whenever was beneficial to them. I definitely don't agree with releasing him when they did and giving him an opportunity to catch on somewhere else.

As for the conspiracy theories...I'm sure he talked to other Patriots players and news traveled, but I'm not sure about a handshake deal or anything like that. I'm curious as to what the waiver order was...was he signed as a free agent or did NE pick him off the waiver wire?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Oh, there's no doubt in my mind they tampered with him. I'd have loved to have seen his cell phone records right around the time he decided to quit on the team.

God, I despise that team. The way that Blount and the chowder heads denied everything was the icing on the cake.

As for the conspiracy theories...I'm sure he talked to other Patriots players and news traveled, but I'm not sure about a handshake deal or anything like that. I'm curious as to what the waiver order was...was he signed as a free agent or did NE pick him off the waiver wire?
    He cleared waivers and then they picked him up as a FA. A calculated risk, but a small one, seeing how he was on his 4th team in 5 seasons by that point, and that he had a pot bust hanging over his head. And given what we know about the Patriots over the last 15 years or so, I certainly don't think for a second that they're above tampering.

God, I despise that team. The way that Blount and the chowder heads denied everything was the icing on the cake.

Same here. What pisses me off the most is that Bell took the brunt of the punishment and Sucker Punch got a ring out of the deal.

And as usual, they get a tune-up game at home in the divisional round. I SO hope we get to the AFCCG and punch them in the mouth...

Yep. Have him sit at home on a conduct detrimental to the team...rot the rest of the season and then release him whenever was beneficial to them. I definitely don't agree with releasing him when they did and giving him an opportunity to catch on somewhere else.

It says here that he was signed as a free agent after the Steelers waived him. Pats claimed him off waivers.

http://www.espn.com/boston/nfl/story...-two-year-deal

Same here. What pisses me off the most is that Bell took the brunt of the punishment and Sucker Punch got a ring out of the deal.

And as usual, they get a tune-up game at home in the divisional round. I SO hope we get to the AFCCG and punch them in the mouth...

Agreed

That would be a fairy tale ending!

It says here that he was signed as a free agent after the Steelers waived him. Pats claimed him off waivers.

http://www.espn.com/boston/nfl/story...-two-year-deal
    Another thing that kills me is all the pissing and moaning they did over the Jets tampering with Revis. Pot, meet kettle...

Another thing that kills me is all the pissing and moaning they did over the Jets tampering with Revis. Pot, meet kettle...

How dare someone get over on them.......only they can screw other teams and get away with it!

How dare someone get over on them.......only they can screw other teams and get away with it!
    Yep, that's their attitude in a nutshell.

#CRASHFormation

Tamper this tamper that. Who cares?

None of that happens, even if it did, if they don't sign that POS in the first place.

He called Belichick "an honest coach", the minute he got back to New England.

Which tells me, that he felt he was lied to, by someone in Pittsburgh.

Again, that doesn't matter if we don't sign him.

You lie down with dogs? Don't cry when you get fleas.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The thing that keeps nagging at the back of my brain about the whole Blount issue is, who led who? As far as I know, which isn't a lot admittedly, Bell and Blount both were charged, but Bell got the DUI. Then Blount ends up leaving. The very next season Bell is suspended for 3 games for missing a drug test? Does Blount have any other issues with this on his record? I really don't know. I usually wear my Steeler blinders proudly, but I have to wonder who is the pot head between the 2 of them. Makes sense to me that if Blount got the locker room and the coaches pissed at him for Bell's suspension, then I can see him wanting out. I know about Bell's run ins, just not informed on what Blount has ever been in trouble for. With the NFL, I mean.