Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 1931

Thread: 2017 Draft

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: 2017 Draft

10 years ago in the 2007 draft, the Steelers went ILB, and OLB with the first two picks.

Believe it happens again with Davis, and Rivers.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I sure as hell hope not

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Not happening

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    10 years ago in the 2007 draft, the Steelers went ILB, and OLB with the first two picks.

I think that would be a great start.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Wouldn't bitch about this at all. There will be some very good CB, S, TE, and WRs fall in the 3rd round.

AML

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Just saw, Kiper has us taking Baker.

AML

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Just saw, Kiper has us taking Baker.
    I will take it over some of the other stuff I have been seeing , albeit I wouldn't love the pick ..

feel S ranks 3rd on the to do list from where I sit which would put us in play for Evans , Smithson

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    I will take it over some of the other stuff I have been seeing , albeit I wouldn't love the pick ..

feel S ranks 3rd on the to do list from where I sit which would put us in play for Evans , Smithson

The only thing about Baker is that he's an outstanding at covering the slot. Mike Mayock has him as his best slot cover man. He's a safety, so he can be on the field in nickel, slide down to cover the slot, and has great cover skills and the tackling skills to help against the underneath throws that have at times butchered this defense by having another sure tackler on the field in nickel and dime coverage. He plays safety, but he can make an impact at multiple positions by playing slot corner or dropping into a more traditional safety role. He can also become an effective blitzer when playing near the line of scrimmage.

It's like getting a slot corner and a safety.

If they are going safety, I love Baker and I really love Marcus Maye from Florida playing as a more traditional free safety . He's a guy that not many talk about, but I think he would be a great pickup in the second.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    The only thing about Baker is that he's an outstanding at covering the slot. Mike Mayock has him as his best slot cover man. He's a safety, so he can be on the field in nickel, slide down to cover the slot, and has great cover skills and the tackling skills to help against the underneath throws that have at times butchered this defense by having another sure tackler on the field in nickel and dime coverage. He plays safety, but he can make an impact at multiple positions by playing slot corner or dropping into a more traditional safety role. He can also become an effective blitzer when playing near the line of scrimmage.

It's like getting a slot corner and a safety.

If they are going safety, I love Baker and I really love Marcus Maye from Florida playing as a more traditional free safety . He's a guy that not many talk about, but I think he would be a great pickup in the second.
    THANK YOU. THIS. All of this. People are sleeping on Baker so hard. He's going to be one of those late 1st round picks that have people kicking themselves for not taking early.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Via Rapoport. TE, Evan Engram could sneak in the late first round.

He'd fill the void as a TE, and WR. 6'3", 4.42 forty, can block.

Just getting everyone ready for a shock.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    THANK YOU. THIS. All of this. People are sleeping on Baker so hard. He's going to be one of those late 1st round picks that have people kicking themselves for not taking early.
    not sleeping on him at all , its easy to see his talent and skillset ...

my issue is I feel a bigger man capable Outside corner is a bigger need , I also feel Edge is a bigger need

top that all off with the fact I believe a guy like Corn Elder or Kazee could be had in rd 4 or even 5 to shore up the slot

so we could cover all 3 spots with a higher over all talent level by going edge / outside corner / and slot corner a bit later

so while not sleeping or devaluing what he is /could be .. just feel assets ( picks ) are put to better use the other way

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

my issue is I feel a bigger man capable Outside corner is a bigger need , I also feel Edge is a bigger need

top that all off with the fact I believe a guy like Corn Elder or Kazee could be had in rd 4 or even 5 to shore up the slot

so we could cover all 3 spots with a higher over all talent level by going edge / outside corner / and slot corner a bit later

so while not sleeping or devaluing what he is /could be .. just feel assets ( picks ) are put to better use the other way
    interesting. dont think ive heard that one before. Artie is clearly our CB1 of the future. Cockrell is clearly an outside corner with his so-so change of direction and questionable tackling, but he's still clearly above average. Both are young and ascending. We just got murdered via death by a thousand paper cuts by slot receivers which seems like a reoccurring pattern and Willie Gay is old and getting worse. I do wonder about our approach if we pick an outside corner early.
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I hear you. That is certainly a way to go. I still firmly believe they need to get bigger press man cover corners and of course multiple Edge rushers in this draft.

The point I'm trying to make about Baker is that he fills multiple needs and could actually free them up to address another position in the draft. It's almost like picking up an additional draft pick. Taking a safety at #30 will force them to take a lower rated Edge rusher, but there are some big corners available throughout the first 4 rounds that can play in a deep class.

Via Cleveland.com, Garrett will be the #1 pick.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

4 hours until the Browns ruin some kids life...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

Jackson is an interesting kid , a corner than can play WR and is a high level returner

that said on most boards he is 40-60 range target ( similar to Burns in that regard ) at 5'10' he would be a great option in the slot ( has the hips for it ) and can mirror in man coverage

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

cant remember the last draft where i would seriously be happy with so many different prospects. looks like we havent been anywhere around him in any capacity though: http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

looks like a smokescreen? i would still be happy with him at 30

Worst Draft move ever Washington Redskins burned 2 first round picks in back to back years that and netted zero players ...drafted ineligible junior Cal Rossi #1 in 1946 then drafted him #1 again 1947. He chose not to play in NFL

So what. Why should these players have it any better than their fans.

AML

Worst Draft move ever Washington Redskins burned 2 first round picks in back to back years that and netted zero players ...drafted ineligible junior Cal Rossi #1 in 1946 then drafted him #1 again 1947. He chose not to play in NFL
    Cleveland Browns Front Office: Hold my beer

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I actually see slot CB as a bigger need. In fact, I see the entire middle of our defense as vulnerable. We have 2 competent outside CBs, Heyward and Tuitt can set an edge, and get after the QB, Harrison and Dupree can do the same. ILB was suspect WITH Timmons, slot CB is Gay, Sensabaugh, or Golson, Golden is not the man to play whatever position that was last season. I know we need to upgrade to more consistent pass rush. And we do need to get an outside CB, but I really think slot is a bigger concern right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    cant remember the last draft where i would seriously be happy with so many different prospects. looks like we havent been anywhere around him in any capacity though: http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

looks like a smokescreen? i would still be happy with him at 30

They got to see Penn State WR Chris Godwin torch him in the Rose Bowl!

Seriously though, the kid is a dynamic return man, and he has terrific ball skills as a corner. He's a little small, but he does have a ton of talent. He wouldn't be my first pick, but he can help the team at corner, and he can be a game changer as a return man. He returns punts and kickoffs.

Mark Madden broke that Bell(or was it Bryant?) suspension before everyone else. I'd take his word.

Mark Madden broke that Bell(or was it Bryant?) suspension before everyone else. I'd take his word.

It was Bell.