Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft

BurghBoy412

Re: 2017 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    From a muscle makeup standpoint, not really.
    Twitchy sounds erratic to me. Almost like is the guy a spaz?

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    anyone else think our presence at so many of the top QB's pro days might be a combination of doing our due diligence AND perhaps trying to bait other teams into trading up to our 30th pick? Yeah i know, we never trade back, but theres a first time for everything. And this draft is deep at a bazillion positions, coincidentally most of which fit our needs while still having great top level value
    This draft appears "deep". We won't really know how true that statement is for a few years.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

anyone else think our presence at so many of the top QB's pro days might be a combination of doing our due diligence AND perhaps trying to bait other teams into trading up to our 30th pick? Yeah i know, we never trade back, but theres a first time for everything. And this draft is deep at a bazillion positions, coincidentally most of which fit our needs while still having great top level value
    Bad idea to do a trade down, since you would not have the 5th year option on the player if your pick is in the second round .....

BurghBoy412

TJ Watt- 22 games 11.5 sacks
    Takk McKinley- 33 games 17 sacks
    Carl Lawson- 34 games 14 sacks
    Charles Harris-37 games 18 sacks

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    when the 'evaluators' call Rasul Douglas a "scheme specific corner", what are they saying abut him exactly?
    History has shown that the system at WVU tends to make their DBs look better than they are. Generally, they work well as a unit, but separately, the individuals are not as good.

It should be noted that all five starting DBs can play all five positions: CB, CB, SS, FS, SPUR. It's sort of a "master of none" problem.

That said, Worley has faired well in Carolina, and Douglas is better than Worley (IMO).

BurghBoy412

Here's the 2016 team Defense rankings for each prospect.

TJ Watt, Wisconsin #13
    Carl Lawson, Auburn #18
    Takk McKinley, UCLA #47
    Charles Harris, Missouri #116

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

posted an article earlier on this topic here it is again ... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    posted an article earlier on this topic here it is again ... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...roethlisberger
    this article says nothing about the steelers trading picks

Were seriously in prime position to do this. i think a lot of people fully expect the browns to trade for Garoppolo with all the drafting ammo they have so that leaves teams like 49ers, bears, chargers, jets, saints, bills, and cardinals ALL in the early half of the 2nd round as trade back candidates if any of those teams fall in love with a Mahomes, or if the other guys considered the top 3 prospects are dropping.

Its a nice thought. dare to dream
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    Here's the 2016 team Defense rankings for each prospect.

TJ Watt, Wisconsin #13
    Carl Lawson, Auburn #18
    Takk McKinley, UCLA #47
    Charles Harris, Missouri #116
    doesnt really tell us anything though , I mean the Raiders per example ranked below league average in most def stats but that doesn't mean Khalil Mack is not a star

- - - Updated - - -

this article says nothing about the steelers trading picks

Were seriously in prime position to do this. i think a lot of people fully expect the browns to trade for Garoppolo with all the drafting ammo they have so that leaves teams like 49ers, bears, chargers, jets, saints, bills, and cardinals ALL in the early half of the 2nd round as trade back candidates if any of those teams fall in love with a Mahomes, or if the other guys considered the top 3 prospects are dropping.

Its a nice thought. dare to dream

never claimed it did LOL said it was related such as in terms to (our presence at so many of the top QB's pro days might be a combination of doing our due diligence)

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Most recent mock

1:30 T.J. Watt EDGE Wisconsin
    2:30 Cordrea Tankersley CB Clemson
    3:30 Adam Shaheen TE Ashland
    3:41 Brad Kaaya QB Miami
    4:28 Vince Biegel LB Wisconsin
    5:29 Tedric Thompson S Colorado
    6:29 Javancy Jones EDGE Jackson St.
    7:30 De'Veon Smith RB Michigan

BurghBoy412

doesnt really tell us anything though , I mean the Raiders per example ranked below league average in most def stats but that doesn't mean Khalil Mack is not a star

- - - Updated - - -

never claimed it did LOL said it was related such as in terms to (our presence at so many of the top QB's pro days might be a combination of doing our due diligence)
    Thanks for reinforcing my point. Guys that produce on crappy teams. I think there's something to be said for that.

BurghBoy412

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they're actually considering taking a QB really early. That's not out of the realm of possibility.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

randomly taking posts out of context. cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

BurghBoy412

randomly taking posts out of context. cool.
    Dudes are falling in love with players and taking it personal when others don't feel the same way. Kinda pathetic if you ask me.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

TJ Watt- 22 games 11.5 sacks
    Takk McKinley- 33 games 17 sacks
    Carl Lawson- 34 games 14 sacks
    Charles Harris-37 games 18 sacks
    22 games? He only played one year at the position, as far as I recall. How many of those 22 were at Tight End? Are we expecting TE's to get sacks now? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Dudes are falling in love with players and taking it personal when others don't feel the same way. Kinda pathetic if you ask me.
    I just want whoever is gonna tear it up. No one knows that right now. Even the experts.

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    22 games? He only played one year at the position, as far as I recall. How many of those 22 were at Tight End? Are we expecting TE's to get sacks now? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I just want whoever is gonna tear it up. No one knows that right now. Even the experts.
    So, he's only played one year at the position and he's going to come right in and start?

BurghBoy412

Charles Harris- Big, Strong, Fast,Disruptive! Filthy spin move!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Charles Harris
    STRENGTHS

Long legs with well defined bubble. Has loose, fluid hips. Explodes out of his stance in search of gap work vs. run game. Lateral quickness makes it a challenge to reach him or cross his face for offensive linemen. Good first step quickness. Plays with energy and keeps it cranked up until the whistle blows. Runs with high knees and athletic, long strides in the open field. Basketball standout in high school who uses nimble feet for an effective spin move. Can unleash spin counter in either direction. Plays on either side of the line and can play with a hand down or standing up. In 2015, led team in sacks, tackles for losses and hurries and was second in tackles. Uses early speed-to-power to create movement before attacking the tackle's inside shoulder. Showed some ability to drop in space when called upon.
    WEAKNESSES

Found himself too easily engulfed by size this season. Gives ground on the edge and can be widened out of his run fit. Hands must get better at point of attack. Needs to punch and own the point. Rides on blocks rather than shucks them. Lacks desired glass-chewing mentality against the run. Plays with slow reaction time to counters and misdirection and can lose track of the ball. Needs earlier shoulder turn as rusher to prevent early pass sets from punching him as squared-up rusher. Slow to activate his counter spin back inside. More violent approach with hands at top of his rush would help grease the edge. Productivity dropped after struggling with new defensive scheme.
    SOURCES TELL US

"Don't get caught up in his numbers this year. He just didn't mesh with what they asked him to do. He's also got to be coachable and I think he may have fought the changes a little too much. What I saw in 2015 is what I think he's going to be." NFC North regional scout
    NFL COMPARISON

Connor Barwin
    BOTTOM LINE

High-cut pass rusher with good athleticism but concerns regarding his ability to drop anchor against the run. Ironically, Harris might be best suited as a penetrator which is something he fought against this season. His hands can be improved as pass rush weapons, but he has agility and footwork that can't be taught. Harris can play on the edge in a 4-3 or 3-4 front and should be the next in a line of early contributing defensive ends coming out of Missouri.

BurghBoy412

I'd take Marlon Mack

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

trying to not be real loud about my interest
    I'm not too worried. The only GM would regularly peruses this board is Ozzie Newsome.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

if the Steelers trade up, I hope it'll be for a pass rusher.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    QB Davis Webb is set to visit the Steelers.
    I keep coming back to this and just having a gut feeling that I can't rule this out.

1. Davis Webb, QB, Cal
    2. Tarell Basham, OLB, Ohio
    3. Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee
    3. Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson
    4. Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo, or Rasul Douglas, CB, WVU

Make it stop.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I keep coming back to this and just having a gut feeling that I can't rule this out.

1. Davis Webb, QB, Cal
    2. Tarell Basham, OLB, Ohio
    3. Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee
    3. Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson
    4. Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo, or Rasul Douglas, CB, WVU

Make it stop.
    If your gut is telling you that the Steelers are targeting Davis Webb, I think he'd be there at 62.

So, using your sig mock:

R1: Carl Lawson, OLB, Auburn
    R2: Davis Webb, QB, Berkeley
    R3: Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson
    R3: Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee
    ...et cetera...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'd take Marlon Mack
    I would take any of those 5 honestly. I love Bell, but the drop off when he goes out is huge. Even with DWill. Each of those 5 brings something unique to this team, IMO. Whether from a change of pace POV, the return game, or from a speed factor. I only left Kamara out because I forgot to include him.

for those even considering Mixon , have you forgotten this ? kid makes the Ray Rice incident look petty ( and it was far from petty ) http://www.wwtdd.com/2016/12/joe-mixon-has-some-issues

for those even considering Mixon , have you forgotten this ? kid makes the Ray Rice incident look petty ( and it was far from petty ) http://www.wwtdd.com/2016/12/joe-mixon-has-some-issues
    He hit a woman in the face and broke bones. Inexcusable act and one he will be living down the rest of his life. Don't compare offenders of the same crime and make one more than the other. Tyreek Hill punched a pregnant woman in the belly. Hardy made a woman disappear. Rice punched the woman he loved enough to marry and then drug her unconscious body by her hair down the hall. All heinous violent crimes against women. ALL equally vicious and inexcusable. These conversations go nowhere and only lead to huge arguments on here. Looking at these RBs/WRs from a purely football standpoint. Mixon stays on my list.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I can't agree with that. 1. The incident with Mixon was physically initiated by the woman and there's no indication of that with Rice. 2. Rice knocked his wife unconscious.

Both are disgusting and they both should have served prison time. But Mixon's doesn't make Rice's look petty.