Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft

The bell ringer

Re: 2017 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I would not take a RB before the 4th round, since he would be on the sidelines for at least 90% of the time.....

I agree. Either Late 3rd round or after. But with all this attention on Mixon...which I BTW think is total BS! He might very well drop to the 4th round..or further. But his talents can't be ignored. He is a faster L.Bell clone who actually is a BETTER Pass catcher then Bell was. He could be great value. As for that whole incident...YES..Truly assaulting anyone is bad. But to me...that women was the aggressor. She is the one who stood up..pushed and punched Mixon first. All he did was retaliate. Last time I checked that is the TEXT BOOK definition of Self Defense.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Dude! He's a college football player. If he's really as fast as you claim, he should have ran. A RB that can't get away from 1 aggressive woman won't be very good at getting away from LBs in the NFL.

Sarcasm aside....there's justice, and then there's the right thing to do. Men do not hit women. Period. Even if they do deserve it.

The bell ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Dude! He's a college football player. If he's really as fast as you claim, he should have ran. A RB that can't get away from 1 aggressive woman won't be very good at getting away from LBs in the NFL.

Sarcasm aside....there's justice, and then there's the right thing to do. Men do not hit women. Period. Even if they do deserve it.

Sorry but that is just some Old Fashioned rule. Women have been fighting for their equal rights for over 100 years. And now that they have them ( And they should )..they also wanna be able to physically attack a man...and NOT have to deal with the repercussions ? Sorry I don't buy that.

Considering the times we live in...where there are cameras everywhere..and given his potential career in the NFL...Yes he might have been better off just Ignoring her and try to walk away. But facts are facts..and the fact is...that was NOT Mixon's fault.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The bell ringer View Post
    Sorry but that is just some Old Fashioned rule. Women have been fighting for their equal rights for over 100 years. And now that they have them ( And they should )..they also wanna be able to physically attack a man...and NOT have to deal with the repercussions ? Sorry I don't buy that.

Considering the times we live in...where there are cameras everywhere..and given his potential career in the NFL...Yes he might have been better off just Ignoring her and try to walk away. But facts are facts..and the fact is...that was NOT Mixon's fault.
    You're welcome to your opinion. I disagree completely. 'Equal rights for women' has absolutely nothing to do with that subject. You need to educate yourself some more.

The bell ringer

You're welcome to your opinion. I disagree completely. 'Equal rights for women' has absolutely nothing to do with that subject. You need to educate yourself some more.

It has everything to do with the LAW...Maybe you should educate yourself on that the LAW says. And the Law states that if a PERSON gets hit or attacked by another PERSON...then he or she can defend themselves. It does NOT have a provision saying that " Oh, well if you are a 6ft, 1 220lb man that gets slapped by a 135lb women..that you cannot hit back. Your belief that a man should under NO circumstance ever hit a woman is outdated, and just plain dumb. What Mixon did was not even 1/1000th as bad as what James Harrison did. Oh...but that's okay cause...there wasn't any VIDEO of Harrison's Assault.

Right ? ( SMH )

No. You are wrong. It is NEVER ok for a man, especially an athlete, to physically attack a woman. NEVER OK. No matter what his name is or how much video evidence there is. I t wasn't ok for Ray Rice to hit his wife even before there was a video. It's not ok ever. Even if the law says it is within your right, it is not right. A man would know better.

The bell ringer

No. You are wrong. It is NEVER ok for a man, especially an athlete, to physically attack a woman. NEVER OK. No matter what his name is or how much video evidence there is. I t wasn't ok for Ray Rice to hit his wife even before there was a video. It's not ok ever. Even if the law says it is within your right, it is not right. A man would know better.

I have personally seen a woman who was under 100lbs, attack a man who was literally twice the size and strength of James Harrison, and she hit him ONCE in his face..and less then 5 seconds later...that man was dead. This is something I personally witnessed. So I am sorry if I disagree with your statement that under NO circumstance that a man should NEVER hit a woman. Cause that is just Old Fashioned Bull shit.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The bell ringer

Was is a Ass whoopin ? Or textbook self defense ?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Chris Rock is the perfect clip. Period.

That said, speaking of the LAW made me think of Louis CK.

In other words...

If the LAW is the only reason that you don't hit women/don't beat your kids/don't commit murder, then there's something wrong with you.

Just becsuse it's "legal" to hit a woman, doesn't mean that you should hit a woman.

The bell ringer

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    In other words...

If the LAW is the only reason that you don't hit women/don't beat your kids/don't commit murder, then there's something wrong with you.

Just becsuse it's "legal" to hit a woman, doesn't mean that you should hit a woman.

To say that is you saying that women are lesser form of Human beings, ones that are Incapable of hurting a Man..therefor self defense doesn't even apply. Joe Mixon did NOT Assault a WOMAN.....He defended himself against a " Perp " And perps come in ALL shapes, sizes...and yes...Genders..

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Please, this is not the place to talk about it....

To say that is you saying that women are lesser form of Human beings, ones that are Incapable of hurting a Man
    That is not what I'm saying at all.

Equal rights is not the same as morality.

The bell ringer

Please, this is not the place to talk about it....

I agree. I did not bring it up really. I just asked what about drafting him. Based on talents..to me he is. And if you feel he is not..then state a reason why ? And don't bring up that Incident...cause it doesn't even apply.

You did bring it up. You are the very one that brought it up.Your post wasn't just about Mixon, you brought the incident into the conversation. Considering the NFL's current stance on domestic abuse, I think it is very valid to talk about in this thread. As I stated before, you are entitled to your OPINION. I strongly disagree with that OPINION. As for Mixon the RB, I have no use for him on this team. We have one already and a pretty good backup.

The bell ringer

You did bring it up. You are the very one that brought it up.Your post wasn't just about Mixon, you brought the incident into the conversation. Considering the NFL's current stance on domestic abuse, I think it is very valid to talk about in this thread. As I stated before, you are entitled to your OPINION. I strongly disagree with that OPINION. As for Mixon the RB, I have no use for him on this team. We have one already and a pretty good backup.

That back-up will be gone after this season. So a RB will be needed. Not to mention we never know when Bell will hit the " WEED " So to say we don't need one is living in denial. Also what ever the leagues stance on Domestic violence does not allpy with Mixon...It was NOT a " Domestic Violence " incident. Unless you have no understanding of the word DOMESTIC.

Umm, what? May need to check up on your own reading comprehension skills.

You did bring it up. You are the very one that brought it up.
    Exactly.

It akin to the thread where he asked a question... and then got annoyed when people answered that question.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Ding Dong

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

OLB is the clear cut no. 1 need right now. The other areas on the team are not too bad. Some more DBs would be better for the team, would like them to get a QB, a back-up RB starting in the middle rounds would be good.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

a man who was literally twice the size and strength of James Harrison
    Dang! A man who was 12' tall and weighed 500#, who could bench 1000#. That's one big dude.

And if he was dead in 5 seconds how was he going to hit her back anyway?

The TE position is maybe the biggest need after the OLB position.

The bell ringer

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Dang! A man who was 12' tall and weighed 500#, who could bench 1000#. That's one big dude.

And if he was dead in 5 seconds how was he going to hit her back anyway?

My point A-HOLE is that a woman...any woman can be just as big a threat then any man can..no matter what his size. I witnessed a argument between a man and a woman once..several other did as well. And he was huge. She was about 5ft, 8...but he was easily 6ft, 9 and 325lbs. As she was yelling...he just said I had enough..I will speak with you later. He turned away, and she came back around and hit him in the face ( Nose )...a huge amount of blood came out, and he feel down. We didn't know WTF happened. But apparently she hit his nose in a upward angle ( Obviously )..and sent small fragments of bone into his brain...Dead immediately. So anytime ANY woman ever attacks me first...that Bitch is going down!! And anyone...man or whoever would do the same thing. Cause you never know what might happen. Mixon to me...he did nothing wrong...no matter what outrage the public have over seeing it.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

My point A-HOLE is that a woman...any woman can be just as big a threat then any man can..no matter what his size. I witnessed a argument between a man and a woman once..several other did as well. And he was huge. She was about 5ft, 8...but he was easily 6ft, 9 and 325lbs. As she was yelling...he just said I had enough..I will speak with you later. He turned away, and she came back around and hit him in the face ( Nose )...a huge amount of blood came out, and he feel down. We didn't know WTF happened. But apparently she hit his nose in a upward angle ( Obviously )..and sent small fragments of bone into his brain...Dead immediately. So anytime ANY woman ever attacks me first...that Bitch is going down!! And anyone...man or whoever would do the same thing. Cause you never know what might happen. Mixon to me...he did nothing wrong...no matter what outrage the public have over seeing it.
    No you didn't. Also the nose bone fragments into the brain is a myth. It's not possible. The myth is about as laughable as the "We only use 10% of our brains" myth.
    Hater = Realist

The bell ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    No you didn't. Also the nose bone fragments into the brain is a myth. It's not possible. The myth is about as laughable as the "We only use 10% of our brains" myth.

Ah no it is not. I kn ow this cause I was there. I was Interviewed by the Police, I saw his dead body being taken away. And I probably would have testified in a trial...but apparently that woman took a plea of some kind. So thanks Quincey wannabe.

Not this again

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The bell ringer

So you don't want nothing to do with Mixon ?..who probably has better talent then Bell did when he came out...just because of what he did to that girl ? That bothers you ? But apparently none of you have any issue with " Harrison " being here. And what he did was way way worse.

Yeah got it Geniuses ( LOL @ U )

The TE position is maybe the biggest need after the OLB position.
    Looking at our current state at TE it's probably a good idea to get one, whether draft or FA. How can we be sure Green is ever going to see the field with any consistency? If Grimble and James are unable to block then they're basically just slot receivers. The TE position should be a guy that can anchor/block like a tackle, catch like a WR, and run through/over guys like a RB. Having only one of those traits does not make a good TE. There are some veterans in FA this offseason I would be interested in. Mostly older guys so not long term fixes, but vets while our young guys learn their role. If there's another Heath in this draft, he's most likely long gone by our pick at 32.

I have not looked very deeply at all at the OLB prospects this season. I love what I've seen from Dupree, and James is a complete freak at this point. Moats is rotational and Chick has shown some spark, just not consistently like Dupree. I like the look of our young secondary. Hopefully we spend most of this offseason and draft on the trenches and pass rush. I would still love to have that true NG, even if he only sees the field on 1st and 2nd downs or short yardage plays. If he eats up blocks, we have the playmakers here already.