Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CRASH Formation saves Christmas and wins the AFC North

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: CRASH Formation saves Christmas and wins the AFC North

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    There's only one person we need to come back:

Where did he get this $1.99 K-tel soundtrack!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LloydWoodson View Post
    Ben was sacked 40+ times in 4/5 years with Arians. The year he wasn't was 32 in 12 games.

Pretty sure Ben being hurt now is bad luck plus age plus several hundred extra hits under Arians. Ben isn't 25 any more.

And Arians offense wouldn't work with the low quality of WR this year.

Haley's offense has scored 379+ each of the last 4 years. Arians did that once in 5 years... his first year.

You guys really really miss being stuck at 21 ppg huh? Miss the days of using Kemoeatu as the world's least agile pulling guard? Bubble screens? Pass plays that take 5 seconds to develop?

Good old days.
    The excessive number of hits and sacks during Arians tenure was more due to a mediocre offensive line.

Haley has benefitted from a superior line (primarily via high draft picks) and a superior line coach.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I have to say that I had about as much fun as I've ever had verbally assaulting that moron at SF!!!!

Thanks for a walk down memory lane!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Gopher vs. Tim Lumber in a cage match!!!

GOPHER: The Meddling Lawyer ruined the Steelers by firing Bruce "God" Arians!!!

TIM LUMBER: OwL doGs arrE tHE bESteST pEtts tWO oWen.

GOPHER: You know who is a dog? Le'Veon Bell!!! We should have signed Darren Sproles instead of drafting him!!!

TIM LUMBER: I rOTe an aRticklE fOr the NewspAPer abOUt AwL oFf the rATs at ThReee RivErs StaYdiyUm.

GOPHER: The only rat at Heinz Field is Todd Haley!!!

TIM LUMBER: I havvE a pIcTure oFf hiZ wiiFe...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

MrFootball

If Crash would have been a coach, his team would be very soft and very predictable on offense.
    They are predictable now. Most of our runs are up the middle. Most of our deep pass patterns are to WR's outside the hash marks, and most of the middle passes are to James and Grimble when he plays. If Ben is under center? Chances are he's handing off.

We also don't use playaction.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    With winning. David DeCastro told the media on Monday that Haley called the play. But yet there was Tomlin on Tuesday taking the heat for it.

Haley's offense has scored 379+ each of the last 4 years. Arians did that once in 5 years... his first year.
    So you value garbage time points in LOSSES, MORE than Whiz and Arians taking the air out of the ball during WINS.

Bubble screens?
    We throw more bubble screens now. Most of Arians' bubble screens were to Hines to keep his consecutive games with a catch streak alive.
    But Haley does it, and it's "Ben getting the ball out faster". LOL

We were stuck at right around 21-23 ppg the first 2+ years of Haley's tenure as well. I credit Munchak and the ascension of Bell, and to a lesser extent, Bryant, for the offense's increase in productivity since mid-2014.
    Now if *I* posted that (Or anything else YOU have said about Haley)? I'd be called a troll and a Haley hater. Only difference between me and you is your owners badge.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

blah, blah, blah

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If you're still here, I gotta know. I just really do. What is it that you want? Like how in your mind does this all end?

Should each and every member on this board post something acknowledging that you are correct and have changed their opinion on this issue?

Do you become a viral sensation through message boards and twitter that leads to the NFL acknowledging your genius and a series of high profile consulting jobs?

Do you want to write about football for a living and hope to get noticed 140 characters at a time by some national organization?

I'm not actually even trying to argue with you at this point. Nor am I attempting to make fun of you or otherwise be critical. I'm simply totally confused. What is it that you want? All we wanted on here was for you to follow the standards of this community and stop being abrasive, condescending, etc to other posters.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Oh joy.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrFootball View Post
    GARBAGE!!!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So here is the thing, either this new account got booted or he posted, lurked in the thread for about 10-15 minutes (based on the bottom bar) and then once no one wanted to argue with him - took off.

I think we have the answers to the question(s) I posed above. He has no endgame. Just eternal pot-stirring arguments. A true keyboard warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Just eternal pot-stirring arguments.
    Ding!!! Ding!!! Ding!!!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

BTW, he picked a clip of the worst example (albeit a mocking one by Eddie and Arsenio) of a mic drop in cinema history.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

His mom must have yelled at him and punished him.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Crash be like: I have a voice and will not be silenced!!

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest though, had he been around the last couple years before Christmas, he would have probably gotten really annoying with constantly being like "Da RaYvUnS oWn Da StEaLeRs" and "Da StEaLeRs CaNt BeEt Da RaYvUnS" and then gone ghost after the Immaculate Extension like the little bitch he is

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Matter of fact, we should do that for TeeTee as well.

He and Crash could go back and forth with each other and swap conspiracy theories.

We could call it "Teh Trollz Klub."
    Or how about him and Steeldawg, it would be a good fit, one can try and justify why Spinandfall is a better RB than Bell, and the other can still try and justify why Wallace is a better WR than AB.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201701130093

Enter Todd Haley for Arians. Haley worked with Roethlisberger to get rid of the ball more quickly and to stay in the pocket, rather than trying to extend plays so often. To be fair, his offensive line improved as well. Still, the drop in his sacks has been precipitous. In the five years that Haley has been offensive coordinator, Roethlisberger was sacked an average of 28.4 times per season. In the four previous seasons, he was sacked an average of 47.3 times.

“I think sacks start with the quarterback,’’ Haley said, “and he’s just making really good pre-snap decisions and post-snap decisions. He’s doing a great job of getting the ball out. He’s doing a great job of not trying to make a Ben-like play all the time. He’s got guys around him, helping him at the receiver and back positions that allows him to get the ball out fast.

“And the guys up front have done a tremendous job.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Go check out Crash's Twitter account now. He seems to be on a tirade because of the change in start time for the game. He's convinced it's a ploy by Goodell. Crash may very well be the definition of "jagoff".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    According to half the threads here, that's not so far-fetched for anything in the NFL world.
    That is true. Good point.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

crash is a mental midget barely half a click above dopey tim lumber
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I'll throw my 2 cents in on Crash! Win or lose my life goes on either way after The Steelers season. To take it that serious, I hope he might make a living at it. Would love to see him and Skip Baylock pissing each other off. He would be better then mumbling Sharpe for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I'll throw my 2 cents in on Crash! Win or lose my life goes on either way after The Steelers season. To take it that serious, I hope he might make a living at it. Would love to see him and Skip Baylock pissing each other off. He would be better then mumbling Sharpe for sure.
    I could only imagine. Here would be some of the excerpts for which variations of would occur every episode

Crash: Todd Haley sucks, Bruce Arians was waaaaay better

Skip: What does this have to do with my beloved Cowboys, they are the best team ever!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________

Crash: The Steelers need to stop using Roosevelt Nix, Chris Hubbard, and David Johnson, it is a fact that when those guys are in the game, the offense does worse

Skip: Well, your offense would do better out in that formation, if you guys had Ezekiel Elliot, he is the best RB the NFL has seen since Emmitt Smith

Crash: Well, at least since Rashard Mendenhall, that guy was a real talent, he started on an AFC Championship team
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Crash: LeBeau's defenses sucked, they gave away too many 4th quarter leads when Arians was offensive coordinator

Skip: You know who gave up less 4th quarter leads, the Cowboys defense

Crash: You are correct
    __________________________________________________ ______-

And amidst it all, Skip will bring up LeBron James

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I could only imagine. Here would be some of the excerpts for which variations of would occur every episode

Crash: Todd Haley sucks, Bruce Arians was waaaaay better

Skip: What does this have to do with my beloved Cowboys, they are the best team ever!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________

Crash: The Steelers need to stop using Roosevelt Nix, Chris Hubbard, and David Johnson, it is a fact that when those guys are in the game, the offense does worse

Skip: Well, your offense would do better out in that formation, if you guys had Ezekiel Elliot, he is the best RB the NFL has seen since Emmitt Smith

Crash: Well, at least since Rashard Mendenhall, that guy was a real talent, he started on an AFC Championship team
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Crash: LeBeau's defenses sucked, they gave away too many 4th quarter leads when Arians was offensive coordinator

Skip: You know who gave up less 4th quarter leads, the Cowboys defense

Crash: You are correct
    __________________________________________________ ______-

And amidst it all, Skip will bring up LeBron James
    Haha and good read bro and you nailed it, He would still be better then Sharpe lol.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Haven't been on here much lately.

What's up with all the banning lol? same person?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Just idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler