Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CRASH Formation saves Christmas and wins the AFC North

#CRASHFormation

CRASH Formation saves Christmas and wins the AFC North

As I told you people before I was wrongfully banned prior to 2015 that the biggest issue this offense has, is Todd Haley's ridiculous rotating with scrub tight ends and FB's. That he disrupts the flow of his own offense. Christmas was as followed:

First 25 plays snaps in 45 minutes:

#45: 11

#74: 10

#82: 10

#85: 9 (TD)

10 points

Last 30 plays snaps in less than 15 minutes.

#45: 0

#74: 0

#82: 1

#85: 0

21 points

Toddy just needs to let Ben and the WR's, James, and Bell do their jobs.

Happy Holidays!!!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: CRASH Formation saves Christmas and wins the AFC North

#CRASHFormation

Hell I would even take the under.

But everything I've said is true, BEFORE 2015 I said Ben still taking beatings in this offense.

And in 2015, he did, a season full of big hits and injury.

I said that Haley has made Ben a worse player.

And he has, the difference in Ben NOW? Is this system sucks on the road. Ben snapped a 10 road game pick streak in Cincy, and has a previous six game road streak with Haley. In BA's? It was six, once.

All Haley has to do, is leave the goddamn talent on the field and the scrubs off. Like he did in week 1, like he did against Dallas, ESPECIALLY against Dallas.

But since that Dallas game? It's back to the same old rotating song, and Ben, and the passing game, has been erratic since.

Minus the final 15 minutes Sunday, when they went three wides, James, and Bell on 29 of 30 plays and sent the scrubs back to the bench.

#CRASHFormation

The 2nd link doesn't help your cause with what happened to Ben in 2015.

2015 was a fluke ...The rest of the time, the only time that Ben was injured was on an interception in Miami

Ben played 16 games in 2013 and 2014....Also, The o-line has only allowed 17 sacks this year

#CRASHFormation

He also was injured in 2012, he was injured in his first playoff game with Haley in 2014, and in Cincy last season.

Hell EVERY QB who has started for Haley in Pittsburgh has been KO'd in this offense.

Normally I would agree that Steelers should use 3 WRs more often, but this year with Bryant's suspension and Wheaton's disappointing season, the steelers have not the same talent at this position this year

#CRASHFormation

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Normally I would agree that Steelers should use 3 WRs more often, but this year with Bryant's suspension and Wheaton's disappointing season, the steelers have not the same talent at this position this year
    Doesn't matter, I would take AB, Rogers, and Coates (if healthy) over playing scrubs like Nix, Johnson, and Hubbard as a TE.

Ben pretty much proved Sunday he can hit any WR if you give him the space and time to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by #CRASHFormation View Post
    Doesn't matter, I would take AB, Rogers, and Coates (if healthy) over playing scrubs like Nix, Johnson, and Hubbard as a TE.

Ben pretty much proved Sunday he can hit any WR if you give him the space and time to find them.
    Ben has a QB rating of only 86.3 with 3 WR....113.0 with 2 TE...

He also was injured in 2012, he was injured in his first playoff game with Haley in 2014, and in Cincy last season.
    and in 2011 with Arians

#CRASHFormation

Ben has a QB rating of only 86.3 with 3 WR....113.0 with 2 TE...
    But on the rare occassions they've started with three wides the results have been much better.

Washington, Dallas, KC, they did lose to Philly.

Of course the rating is going to look bad when it's garbage time and teams can just tee off on him when they are losing.

If we use three wides? I'll my chances anywhere.

But they have get it going early.

- - - Updated - - -

and in 2011 with Arians
    He missed TWO games to injury with Arians.

Eight, with Haley.

He missed TWO games to injury with Arians.

Eight, with Haley.

If you count his injuries against the bengals in 2015(Playoffs) or his injury against the ravens in 2014(also Playoffs), you must also count his injuries in 2007,2008,2010 and 2011 with Arians.

#CRASHFormation

If you count his injuries against the bengals in 2015(Playoffs) or his injury against the ravens in 2014(also Playoffs), you must also count his injuries in 2007,2008,2010 and 2011 with Arians.
    But Haley's specific JOB, was to keep Ben "safe", as mandated by his owner.

If anything, he's worse at it, than Arians.

Ben didn't have injuries in 2007, he played every game he was required to.

2008 was bad, but he played every game.

2009 was a concussion.

2010 he stepped in a hole in Heinz Field (Polamalu did in the same game and it ruined his playoff run too) and rebroke the toes/foot he's done several times since college.

2011 he missed one game.

But Haley's specific JOB, was to keep Ben "safe", as mandated by his owner.

If anything, he's worse at it, than Arians.

Ben didn't have injuries in 2007, he played every game he was required to.

2008 was bad, but he played every game.

2009 was a concussion.

2010 he stepped in a hole in Heinz Field (Polamalu did in the same game and it ruined his playoff run too) and rebroke the toes/foot he's done several times since college.

2011 he missed one game.

Please,His injury in 2011 ruined our season.It's a very painful memory for me.You also have short memory for 2007.

If Roethlisberger would have had the same punishment that in 2007 to 2011, Roethlisberger would be in a wheelchair right now instead of being the QB of the steelers!

#CRASHFormation

What ruined their season was Joe Flacco's 90 yard drive. Cost them a bye week.

And his ankle injury occurred when David Johnson missed his block and Heath Miller fell down.

Ben's still taking punishment, sacks don't matter, HITS do.

What ruined their season was Joe Flacco's 90 yard drive.

Cost them a bye week.

Ben's still taking punishment, sacks don't matter, HITS do.

He's taken more BIG shots in Haley's system than he did in first 8 years without him. The two worst injuries of Ben's career? KC 2012 and in St. Louis in 2015.

And Roethlisberger is one of the least hit QB in the league in recent years.Sometimes you're not lucky.A hit can be a very serious injury, Carr in Oakland was one of the least hit QB in the league, but he had a serious injury.It's probably the fault of his OC too!

It's not true that Roethlisberger has not had a lot of BIG hit with Arians.When the Steelers were playing against the Ravens, it was ridiculous how Ben was regularly and severely beaten by Suggs, Lewis and Ngata etc.

And his ankle injury occurred when David Johnson missed his block and Heath Miller fell down.
    I can also say that his injury to the rams was because Cody Wallace had not done his job, he was blocking no one!

Be constant in your comment.If you want to find excuses when Ben got hurt with Arians, you have to find some with Haley too!

#CRASHFormation

And Roethlisberger is one of the least hit QB in the league in recent years.Sometimes you're not lucky.A hit can be a very serious injury, Carr in Oakland was one of the least hit QB in the league, but he had a serious injury.It's probably the fault of his OC too!

It's not true that Roethlisberger has not had a lot of BIG hit with Arians.When the Steelers were playing against the Ravens, it was ridiculous how Ben was regularly and severely beaten by Suggs, Lewis and Ngata etc.
    Well Ngata and Suggs cheap shotted him with head shots, can't stop that. QB's get hit, it's unavoidable. Facts, he's missed 8 starts with Haley. Only two with Arians.

Haley keeps Ben in the pocket, he also wastes too many plays having slugs like Johnson and Nix running pass patterns (Pick #1 Sunday) with James (or Green) already on the field (Johnson and James were pick #2). You want Ben to get rid of the ball? Keep the speed out there.

There were two plays Sunday where Haley had only two receivers running patterns being covered by five Ravens. I can only imagine the hell Arians gets if he called the same play and Ben gets hurt.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

As I told you people before I was wrongfully banned prior to 2015 that the biggest issue this offense has, is Todd Haley's ridiculous rotating with scrub tight ends and FB's. That he disrupts the flow of his own offense.
    You were banned for turning EVERY thread into a Haley bitchfest, which is ironic because by and large I agree with you about him. For the most part, I wish Tomlin would simply turn Ben loose and keep Haley and his massive ego the fuck out of the offense's way. If I see one more drive killed by a dipshit double reverse/wide receiver-halfback option that fools nobody and inevitably loses 8-10 yards, I'm gonna SCREAM, especially since this offense is more than talented enough to beat anyone straight up and the "cute" plays aren't necessary.

#CRASHFormation

I'm sick of the Chris Hubbard formation. I've sick of any pass plays that involve David Johnson and Roosevelt Nix, and I'm tired of the usual shuffling and tricks.

I give Haley credit when he EARNS it. Week 1. Dallas game. Chiefs game.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I'm sick of the Chris Hubbard formation. I've sick of any pass plays that involve David Johnson and Roosevelt Nix, and I'm tired of the usual shuffling and tricks.

I give Haley credit when he EARNS it. Week 1. Dallas game. Chiefs game.
    Haley definitely has some flaws, but players still need to play.

Haley's system is the same on the road. Not much changes except the performance of the players.

I have to admit....when they get to the edge of field goal range, and Haley calls a reverse that loses 8 yards or one of the many plays that occur behind the line of scrimmage that risks losing significant yardage.....I get pissed off. But overall, he has put together an offense that works well and protects Ben.

I believe that Big Ben should have more control over the offense, and that some of the mass substitutions he makes while in the hurry up do help stop his own offense from time to time. When they move right down the field with the hurry up and then need to take a timeout because Haley doesn't get the next play to the QB in time, interrupting a drive......I scream into the TV.

Overall, I still think Haley's offense works and that he's a good OC. He just needs to trust Ben more, or Tomlin needs to mandate that Ben gets more control. Nearly every time they go hurry up and Ben is calling the plays, the team does seem to move right down the field. I understand that you can't run that all the time, but with a little tweaking and a healthy roster, the offense should be pretty unstoppable.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

#CRASHFormation

But that's just it, it doesn't work. It sucks on the road. It's also a horrible offensive match up against the Ravens where Haley's teams are 4-9 and have scored 20 points or less on offense in 10 of the 13 meetings.

Twenty points or less on offense in 12 of their past 21 road games.

People think it works because the barometer for success has been lowered for Todd Haley.

In 2009 the Steelers were 12th in scoring and 7th in yards, and Arians was almost fired.

In 2016 the Steelers are 12th in scoring and 7th in yards, and Haley's being hailed as a hero.

Why?

But that's just it, it doesn't work. It sucks on the road. It's also a horrible offensive match up against the Ravens where Haley's teams are 4-9 and have scored 20 points or less on offense in 10 of the 13 meetings.

People think it works because the barometer for success has been lowered for Todd Haley.
    Haley is maybe the problem, but the steelers have had problems on the road since the 3 road playoffs win in 2005.2011, it was worse, the steelers had scored 15 points per games on the road!

At least the steelers have scored at least 24 points on the road in their last 4 games, hopefully it will continue this year if the steelers win their home playoffs game.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

In 2009 the Steelers were 12th in scoring and 7th in yards, and Arians was almost fired.

In 2016 the Steelers are 12th in scoring and 7th in yards, and Haley's being hailed as a hero.

Why?
    Yeah, I don't get it either.

I'd personally be interested to see how Arians' offense would work with quality players on the OL and, just as importantly, competent OL coaching to go along with it. THAT is what was getting Ben killed back there. Bell's and AB's numbers are a function of their talent, not Haley's system. They're both beasts and Haley gets undue credit for it, IMO.

#CRASHFormation

IMO Marvin Lewis calling timeout before a 4th down play in the 4th quarter lost him the playoff game.

We had three tight ends on the field, he calls time.

Cooler heads then prevail after the break and we put our wides out there and convert.

The next week, 4th and 3, again Haley puts a cute jumbo TE set out there and took Martavius Bryant off the field in a game you are already without Antonio Brown. The play designed for the 4th team TE failed, and Denver won the Super Bowl.

And no one in the media said a goddamn word.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Ariana has been outright horrible in Arizona this season. I'm not so sure he would be much better in Pittsburgh. His decisions down there have doomed that team this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

#CRASHFormation

But what's he's gotten out of Palmer who was almost laughed out of the league while in Oakland has been a miracle.