Thread: Rex Ryan fired as Bills Coach

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Rex Ryan fired as Bills Coach

It was a bad mistake in the first place. The Bills looked like they were turning the corner after 2014. As their Defense was pretty damn good and they were 9-7.

The bell ringer

Re: Rex Ryan fired as Bills Coach

Maybe he is a average Head Coach. But you cannot deny he is one of the greatest Defensive minds in football. And a great DC. I would take him here over Butler any day.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

It was a bad move from the on set. Glad to see him go.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

No surprise

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The bell ringer View Post
    Maybe he is a average Head Coach. But you cannot deny he is one of the greatest Defensive minds in football. And a great DC. I would take him here over Butler any day.
    If he's "one of the greatest defensive minds in football", then why did Buffalo's defense get worse after he became the head coach? They had a top 5 defense when he got there. They were 15th in points and 19th in yardage both last year and this year.

He's nothing but a blow hard. All talk and no substance.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    If he's "one of the greatest defensive minds in football", then why did Buffalo's defense get worse after he became the head coach? They had a top 5 defense when he got there. They were 15th in points and 19th in yardage both last year and this year.

He's nothing but a blow hard. All talk and no substance.
    my thoughts exactly... all blow and no go. I hated how every year he would talk trash about being SB bound. I understand every coach has to believe they can do it but win a game or two first before you start popping off at the mouth.

He has to be running out of teams willing to give him a shot right?
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

He sucks at cheerleading.....

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Rex stated Buffalo would be his last HC job when he got there. I took it to mean he was done with coaching once he left Buffalo. Maybe he only meant as HC, but not the impression I got.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I would say any HC needs 3 years minimum to institute his program and 5 years minimum to get his talent in place before his performance can be fairly judged.
    Teams like Buffalo and Cleveland will remain factories of suck so long as they continue to play musical chairs at HC looking for instant gratification.
    I think firing Rex Ryan is a mistake and the Browns would've had a better chance with Pettine than Jackson

But I suppose their loss is our gain...
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    He sucks at cheerleading.....
    Post of the day!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I would say any HC needs 3 years minimum to institute his program and 5 years minimum to get his talent in place before his performance can be fairly judged.
    Teams like Buffalo and Cleveland will remain factories of suck so long as they continue to play musical chairs at HC looking for instant gratification.
    I think firing Rex Ryan is a mistake and the Browns would've had a better chance with Pettine than Jackson

Typically, yes, but not when you take over a good team with a top 5 defense and then proceed to miss the playoffs the next two years. I'm sure that Rex made a lot of promises in his job interview that he didn't live up to, as he's prone to do.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Rex should do what makes him happy and sell ladies shoes.
    All Defense!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I wouldn't take Rex at this stage. He's too much of a circus act. But he is a defensive mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The bell ringer View Post
    I completely disagree. Butler has only been the DC for a short while and we had 3 goal line stands in 2 games against both Buffalo and Cincy and almost got a 3rd against cincy but they scored on 4th down. We are doing this with rookies who are still not polished yet but they are still standing tall.

We won this week without Heyward or tuitt to HUGE run stoppers. We may not have stopped the last drive, but they did enough to keep the game within reach despite Ben throwing 2 int's deep in our own end of the field in a total of 3 plays. It's not like they had a lot of time to rest.

Nope I'll take Butler any day, I actually like this guy. Yeah I am probably a loner on this but that's the way I feel.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I respect your opinions, but..... I definitely disagree with you on this one. Jackson is a hell of a coach. I hated seeing him leave Oakland.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I respect your opinions, but..... I definitely disagree with you on this one. Jackson is a hell of a coach. I hated seeing him leave Oakland.
    I agree. I think that Jackson is a very good coach. He's in a bad situation in Cleveland though. I don't know that anyone could turn that franchise around.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I completely disagree. Butler has only been the DC for a short while and we had 3 goal line stands in 2 games against both Buffalo and Cincy and almost got a 3rd against cincy but they scored on 4th down. We are doing this with rookies who are still not polished yet but they are still standing tall.

We won this week without Heyward or tuitt to HUGE run stoppers. We may not have stopped the last drive, but they did enough to keep the game within reach despite Ben throwing 2 int's deep in our own end of the field in a total of 3 plays. It's not like they had a lot of time to rest.

Nope I'll take Butler any day, I actually like this guy. Yeah I am probably a loner on this but that's the way I feel.
    I'm with you on this one. While I'm not a huge Butler fan (too much LeBeau similarities), he has turned our defense into a top 10 unit (according to Football Outsiders) while playing a lot of rookies.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I just want to see Danny Smith on The unemployment line with Rex.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I have to agree with your point. This franchise had some good stats maybe, a middling defense with a struggling offense. The Bills haven't been in the playoffs since forever. I think the Browns have been in the playoffs since the last time the Bills were there. Even if it's not ideal, you have to have some sort of structure and direction over time to succeed. Ryan wasn't the best coach, or maybe even a good coach, but to fire the guy after 2 seasons is a loser move. Blow it up and start over every other year is a loser move.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Ryan should end up a college coach.....a player's coach.

He's gonna get a TV gig and may even be decent.