Thread: What nfl team is your Dark horse to do some damage in playoffs ?

The bell ringer

What nfl team is your Dark horse to do some damage in playoffs ?

So fans, what NFL team that is not one of the elite teams with a great record...Dallas, Patriots, ect...do you think has the chance to do some damage in the playoffs ? Is it the Giants with Manning and all that experience ? Is it the former Champs Seattle ?...Who is your choice ? Me....I am gonna go with Atlanta. Yes I know that Atlanta COULD be the # 2 seed, and how can a # 2 seed be considered a Dark Horse. But in reality, for almost all of this season this year...when analysts were talking up teams in the playoffs...Atlanta never got any run at all. And yes, they are a average defensive team I know. But they also are maybe one of the top-5 best offensive teams ever. And if they have to go to Dallas...in what would be Zak's first real pressure game, well, I kinda like Matt Ryan's chances to be productive when it matters with that unit on offense more then Dallas and Zak. That's my potential Dark horse team anyways.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: What nfl team is your Dark horse to do some damage in playoffs ?

I think Atlanta and Kansas City both could do great damage under the radar. Kansas City doesn't get a lot of noise for being one of the most talented teams in the league. As for Atlanta I think they have a great chance too with the talent they have (most pro bowlers out of the NFC)

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Clemson

The bell ringer

I agree, even though KC is a bit of a mirage more then most here think. And Atlanta can certainly be scored on...but that offense is dangerous. Now I know a lot of people around the world is jumping on the Green Bay train...but not me. I personally feel Detroit will beat them next week for the Division. Green Bay can be very good at Home yes. But nothing about their 3 road wins this year makes me Cream in my pants. I mean c'mon...Jacksonville, Philly and Da Bears ??

Of course Green Bay could still get in as the 6th seed even if they do lose at Detroit. If the Giants beat Washington Sunday...then Green Bay gets in, and opens up at Seattle. But all in all...I am not picking Green Bay to win in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by The bell ringer View Post
    I agree, even though KC is a bit of a mirage more then most here think. And Atlanta can certainly be scored on...but that offense is dangerous. Now I know a lot of people around the world is jumping on the Green Bay train...but not me. I personally feel Detroit will beat them next week for the Division. Green Bay can be very good at Home yes. But nothing about their 3 road wins this year makes me Cream in my pants. I mean c'mon...Jacksonville, Philly and Da Bears ??

Of course Green Bay could still get in as the 6th seed even if they do lose at Detroit. If the Giants beat Washington Sunday...then Green Bay gets in, and opens up at Seattle. But all in all...I am not picking Green Bay to win in Detroit.
    Everytime Rodgers go on a streak, people hop on the Green Bay bandwagon, but I think it is more likely the Pack choke in the playoffs yet again and that their fans respond by demanding Mike McCarthy lose his job

The bell ringer

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Everytime Rodgers go on a streak, people hop on the Green Bay bandwagon, but I think it is more likely the Pack choke in the playoffs yet again and that their fans respond by demanding Mike McCarthy lose his job

First off before they choke in the playoffs...they have to GET to the playoffs. And right now...that is about a 50 to 1 shot at best.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Not really sure there is a dark horse. On the NFC side you have the Cowboys doing it with 2 rookies and a suspect defense, but first to clinch their spot. The Falcons usually choke at this point, but Ryan is having a career year and their RB(name escapes me) has been a beast. The Seahawks have been down by Seahawks standard as of late, but Wilson and Co. are battle tested. Packers and Lions are very good one game and then very bad the next. The Giants are still in the mix, I believe. And we all know what they can do once the post season starts. I don't know how the Buccs fit in but I guess they would be the least likely to advance to the SB.
    As far as the AFC goes, Steelers rule. Plain and simply put.
    Pats, Chiefs, Raiders, Dolphins, Texans? Who do you feel we can't beat? The Texans would have to be the biggest stretch to make the SB due to rookie QB and not much of a run game.

So...Buccs/Lions and Texans = dark horses.

Playoff QBs AFC; BB, Brady, Smith, Moore, Savage, and who's Carr's backup? I like Big Ben to pull it out. Maybe a Ben/Brady AFCCG?

Playoff QBs NFC; Dak, Wilson, Rodgers, Stafford, Ryan, Winston, and Manning. One of these will be eliminated after this week. Much tougher road on the NFC side QB-wise.

The bell ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Playoff QBs AFC; BB, Brady, Smith, Moore, Savage, and who's Carr's backup? I like Big Ben to pull it out. Maybe a Ben/Brady AFCCG?

Playoff QBs NFC; Dak, Wilson, Rodgers, Stafford, Ryan, Winston, and Manning. One of these will be eliminated after this week. Much tougher road on the NFC side QB-wise.

Who is Carr's Back-up ?..." The MIGHTY Matt McGloin ".....Penn State Represented!!

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Actually Buccs are eliminated. Skins on the other hand are not.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Atlanta and KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Nobody is saying, Dolphins going to the Super Bowl! And neither am I.
    All Defense!

First off before they choke in the playoffs...they have to GET to the playoffs. And right now...that is about a 50 to 1 shot at best.
    If Washington loses all they would need to do is maintain strength of victory tie breaker over the Bucs (if the Bucs win) and there are strong odds that Green Bay does that. In that case they clinch before they play Detroit.

The bell ringer

If Washington loses all they would need to do is maintain strength of victory tie breaker over the Bucs (if the Bucs win) and there are strong odds that Green Bay does that. In that case they clinch before they play Detroit.

Well here is some good news for Green Bay and Detroit. I can't say I agree. It is a huge risk for the Giants, but whatever.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rest-starters/

Well here is some good news for Green Bay and Detroit. I can't say I agree. It is a huge risk for the Giants, but whatever.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rest-starters/
    I don't think the Giants want to back into the playoffs with a 2 game losing streak

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Why wouldn't a team want to back in to the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The bell ringer

I don't think the Giants want to back into the playoffs with a 2 game losing streak
    They're not backing in cause they had already earned the 5th seed. But, with their rather Bad road record, what will it say if they go all out with their starters...and lose again ? It will all but destroy any chance of confidence they would have on winning their 1st round game...IMHO.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Atlanta in nfl......Clemson in college.