Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Road to the AFCC

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The Road to the AFCC

Seems like we use our 'bye' next week and then face Dolphins at home. About time Moore shows why he's a lifelong backup. Then, let's hope the Raiders win next week so that we go to Oakland and play the backup-led Raiders without Carr.

Nothing is taken for granted by me, but I like that road a lot!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: The Road to the AFCC

Thing is in the above scenario, if we get by Dolphins and beat Raiders on the road, it's entirely possible for the Chiefs to knock of NE and in that case, we are hosting the AFCC against KC.

Lots of ifs and buts but it is possible.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I don't know if these Steelers can get past KC or NE. I said they should have beaten the Fins earlier in the season, but failed there.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I don't know if these Steelers can get past KC or NE. I said they should have beaten the Fins earlier in the season, but failed there.
    It's a new season.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The playoffs are a totally different animal from the regular season.

Whatever happened in the regular season, will not happen in the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    What's different about the KC now and the one that we beat 43-14.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

This team CAN beat any team we play. The Fins will run, and run some more. Keep the clock moving and our offense off the field. Moore throwing 20+ times won't win anything. That RB had about 600 yards on us last time. Have to shut him down this time.

Don't jump ahead to the championship just yet. One game at a time. Beat the Browns next.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    What's different about the KC now and the one that we beat 43-14.
    Justin Houston is back and dominating. The offense just got done obliterating one of the best defenses in football. Tyreek Hill has emerged as a really dangerous punt/kick returner and receiver/runner
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

The bell ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Justin Houston is back and dominating. The offense just got done obliterating one of the best defenses in football. Tyreek Hill has emerged as a really dangerous punt/kick returner and receiver/runner

What KC games are you watching ? Justin Houston didn't play yesterday. And in the last two games before the Bronco game he hasn't done Squat! In 5 career games against us...he has 2 sacks, and maybe 12 tackles. The guy is more Irrelevant then Jarvis Jones is for us. :-)

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The bell ringer View Post
    What KC games are you watching ? Justin Houston didn't play yesterday. And in the last two games before the Bronco game he hasn't done Squat! In 5 career games against us...he has 2 sacks, and maybe 12 tackles. The guy is more Irrelevant then Jarvis Jones is for us. :-)
    he was good in the games he was back. he was questionable this week, why play him when they dont have much to play for?

More irrelevant than Jarvis Jones is for us? Um, Houston was one of the premier pass rushers in the league not long ago...
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

The bell ringer

he was good in the games he was back. he was questionable this week, why play him when they dont have much to play for?

More irrelevant than Jarvis Jones is for us? Um, Houston was one of the premier pass rushers in the league not long ago...

The last two games he had ZERO Sacks and 1 tackle...how is that DOMINATING ? ( LOL )

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Miami should be an easy game at home (emphasis on should). If you look at their schedule, the Steelers are the only team they have beaten that has a winning record so far. Also other than the second Jets game against a team that has quit, the Steelers are the only team that they beat by more than 1 possession. However, QB was one of their weaker positions so they still have plenty of talent, and they are also battle-tested. If the Steelers allow the Dolphins to stay within 1 possession, they will be hard to beat.

If they advance to the divisional round and play Oakland, they will likely be much more effected by the absence of their QB, however playing on the road out west scares me with a back-up QB especially since Steeler-killer Reggie Nelson is now in Oakland. They could also play Kansas City if they win and Oakland loses. They will be tougher to play in Arrowhead (especially wanting a turnaround after their week 4 shellacking. If New England loses and Oakland wins, Pittsburgh would play New England if they won on wildcard would play New England in the divisional round which speaks for itself in terms of difficulty

The last two games he had ZERO Sacks and 1 tackle...how is that DOMINATING ? ( LOL )
    ITT. Sacks being used as the only measure of pass rush capability.

Boy are we privileged to have an O-line so good that some fans scoff at the pedigree of guys like Justin Houston

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Justin Houston is one of the best pass rushers in the game.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

KC to me is a dangerous team. It seems as if most in the media covering the NFL do not give them much of a chance, but they are a solid football team with no glaring weaknesses. Pittsburgh and Green Bay are the teams getting the press as " dangerous teams no one wants to play" and while I totally understand that sentiment, KC is another team I would put in that category. I think in the AFC, Pitt and KC are the only teams with a legitimate chance to beat the Patriots.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

For the record, that Denver defense is far from the defense they were last year...very, very far...just like Carolina is far from what they were. It's not air to you compare the two actually. Doesn't take away from the Chiefs offense though. Hill and Kelce could destroy the Steelers defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The Chiefs are a very dangerous team. At home even more so. The Steelers are a very dangerous team as well. I would love to see that rematch.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Chiefs in KC is actually a tougher matchup than the Taperiots in Foxboro. Really. In fact, IMO, the Chiefs are the toughest team remaining in the playoffs... especially at home (so, I hope that the Raidahs win the AFC West).

But, anyone who has already given up, please just go away. Seriously.

Yes, Tyreek Hill has emerged, and yes, Kelce is still a matchup nightmare. But, despite what some of you think, that earlier 43-10 stomping actually happened. In a rematch, I highly doubt it's that one-sided in the Steelers' favor, but I'm not scared of the Chiefs in any way. As I've averred, when BB, AB, & Bell are hitting on all cylinders, no one can keep up. Just ask the four defenders who had AB stopped at the one-yard line right before AB pushed his way into the end-zone.

Wah... there's no way that we can beat KC... wahhhh.

Give it a break.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

If the radios don't beat us in Gillette, I am not afraid of anyone. Especially if Green and Tuitt are able to play. As I see it, we are the masters of our own destiny.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    If the radios don't beat us in Gillette, I am not afraid of anyone. Especially if Green and Tuitt are able to play. As I see it, we are the masters of our own destiny.
    Thank you!!!

The bell ringer

As far as I am concerned. I am rooting for a Oakland win, a Pats win and a KC win this weekend. That gives us Miami in game 1. And it puts KC in Houston...where they lost earlier this season. But Tom Savage was not at QB. And as Inconsistent as Brock can be, Savage ain't scarring anyone. Then if KC wins...then at least they get to go to New England, and maybe beat them, or at least give them a Physical game.

We would get to go to Oakland..which will not be a guaranteed win for sure. But their lack of a defense will be good for our offense to attack. Then hopfully we win...KC upsets the Pats...and then it is KC @ Pittsburgh part-2!! for the AFC Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    KC to me is a dangerous team. It seems as if most in the media covering the NFL do not give them much of a chance, but they are a solid football team with no glaring weaknesses. Pittsburgh and Green Bay are the teams getting the press as " dangerous teams no one wants to play" and while I totally understand that sentiment, KC is another team I would put in that category. I think in the AFC, Pitt and KC are the only teams with a legitimate chance to beat the Patriots.
    they have a glaring weakness in the one position you dont want one: Alex Smith. Peyton Manning is the only qb who was mediocre in recent memory to be able to win a superbowl. And he had a defense way better than the one the chiefs are fielding. i am afraid to play them at home though, not going to lie. but thats more a product of our ineptness on the road than anything.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

This is what I am hoping for, I like this scenario.

As far as I am concerned. I am rooting for a Oakland win, a Pats win and a KC win this weekend. That gives us Miami in game 1. And it puts KC in Houston...where they lost earlier this season. But Tom Savage was not at QB. And as Inconsistent as Brock can be, Savage ain't scarring anyone. Then if KC wins...then at least they get to go to New England, and maybe beat them, or at least give them a Physical game.

We would get to go to Oakland..which will not be a guaranteed win for sure. But their lack of a defense will be good for our offense to attack. Then hopfully we win...KC upsets the Pats...and then it is KC @ Pittsburgh part-2!! for the AFC Championship.
    Yep.
    I posted almost this exact same thing (in another thread). Let's assume KC (or Oakland) beats Houston...

Oakland winning the AFC West means we'd play:
    --host Miami
    --@Oakland
    --@New England OR host KC**

KC winning the AFC West means we'd play:
    --host Miami
    --@KC
    --@New England

**I could see KC possibly beating New England, but I simply don't think that Oakland can.

SUMMATION:
    Oakland winning the AFC West means we'd only have to play New England or KC (but, not both). Whereas, KC winning the AFC West means that we'd likely have to play both New England and KC. So... I hope that Oakland wins this weekend.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I'll definitely take that scenario!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Yep.
    I posted almost this exact same thing (in another thread). Let's assume KC (or Oakland) beats Houston...

Oakland winning the AFC West means we'd play:
    --host Miami
    --@Oakland
    --@New England OR host KC**

KC winning the AFC West means we'd play:
    --host Miami
    --@KC
    --@New England

**I could see KC possibly beating New England, but I simply don't think that Oakland can.

SUMMATION:
    Oakland winning the AFC West means we'd only have to play New England or KC (but, not both). Whereas, KC winning the AFC West means that we'd likely have to play both New England and KC. So... I hope that Oakland wins this weekend.
    Oakland isn't beating anyone with McGloin at QB. I'd much rather see KC playing NE. KC has some weapons on O and their D has been pretty good. I agree with you. MUCH rather see Oakland win this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Thing is in the above scenario, if we get by Dolphins and beat Raiders on the road, it's entirely possible for the Chiefs to knock of NE and in that case, we are hosting the AFCC against KC.

Lots of ifs and buts but it is possible.
    You don't have a great track record against the Raiders...lol. But.... this isn't our year, I'm aware of that, especially with Carr going down. As they say.... that's why they play the games! I really hope we get you guys in the playoffs...... I LOVE playing the Steelers! Most of the old guard on here know what I'm saying!

The bell ringer

Only reason I want Oakland cause they are basically the same team ( Defense ) we played last season. And does anyone remember what Antonio & Ben did to that secondary last year ? Not to mention Deangelo pretty much ran on them as I remember too.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    You don't have a great track record against the Raiders...lol. But.... this isn't our year, I'm aware of that, especially with Carr going down. As they say.... that's why they play the games! I really hope we get you guys in the playoffs...... I LOVE playing the Steelers! Most of the old guard on here know what I'm saying!
    Oakland's season ended when Trent Cole broke Derek Carr's leg.

They would have bern formidable, because Carr is freakin' good. McGloin... not so much.

Broncos just put Demarcus Ware on IR....whatever helps the raiders at this point so that we dont have to play in the chiefs house.

Green was also limited in practice today! Thats HUGE people. He has so much time to be ready to rock for the 1st round of the playoffs and hes already progressing nicely in the concussion protocol