Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Road to the AFCC

#CRASHFormation

Re: The Road to the AFCC

How is that saying he is shit ?

So calling 31 other teams a "sucker" if they hire Haley means he thinks Haley is good?

He also has another post where he says Haley holds the offense back.

Let me guess you think that's a glowing endorsement also?

Another ringing endorsement below:

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yeah, I don't get it either.

I'd personally be interested to see how Arians' offense would work with quality players on the OL and, just as importantly, competent OL coaching to go along with it. THAT is what was getting Ben killed back there. Bell's and AB's numbers are a function of their talent, not Haley's system. They're both beasts and Haley gets undue credit for it, IMO.

Senior Member Array title="ShoeHorn will become famous soon enough"> ShoeHorn's Avatar

As far as I'm concerned this post season is the Tomlin/Haley duo's make or break on getting to the AFCCG. We better handle the Fins, and then the Chiefs are highly beatable with a solid offensive game plan (see: our game against them this season). It's set up nicely for us to go to foxboro for a showdown IF our team has its act together.

#CRASHFormation

I don't blame Tomlin. He didn't want Haley. I'm ASSUMING, he was one of the people who endorsed the "promise" to Keith Butler.

If he didn't, that means in 10 years he's never hired an OC/DC on HIS own.

Haley runs the offense.

I said this after Ben lost his first AFC title game as a rookie 10 minutes after the game on old Trib Live: "Ben will never lose an AFC title game again. It may be harder to get there but when he does he'll never lose another one"

He's 3-0 since.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Not sure why the sentiment on here is that the Dolphins should be an easy win. Did anyone else actually watch the last meeting? Their oline dominated our dline and their run game torched us. The QB, Tannyhill or Moore, doesn't have to have a great game throwing the ball.

The bell ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Not sure why the sentiment on here is that the Dolphins should be an easy win. Did anyone else actually watch the last meeting? Their oline dominated our dline and their run game torched us. The QB, Tannyhill or Moore, doesn't have to have a great game throwing the ball.

Did you notice that Ben after the second series was playing with a torn ligament in his knee ? And that Miami after that was playing 8 men at the LOS ? It makes a huge difference when your defense knows that your QB offers zero threat at all.

As for our Defense and what Ajayi ran for...did you notice that we lost Hargrave and Matthews in the first half, and Tuitt on the first play of the 3rd quarter ? And only after that did Ajayi do anything. In the first few plays after Tuitt went out Ajayi ran for 20-33-62-18-11 yards. That is 5 carries for 144 of his total of 204...his other 20 carries were for 60 yards. So I would not call that dominating us.

This weekends game is JUST like the Presidential election. And I said it then...NO WAY could Donald Trump beat Hilary Clinton...BUT...Hilary Clinton COULD lose to Trump.....and she did. She did cause she screwed up by allowing to take the election OUT of the Political realm...and taking it to the " Reality TV " realm. She LOST...He did not win.

Same goes for this weeks re-match. NO WAY Can Miami WIN against us....only WE can LOSE!!

Huge difference.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The steelers had been very lucky to lose by only 15 points in Miami.It was so bad.The dolphins had been bad in the red zone, but aside from that, it was a complete domination.The steelers offense had a lot of 3 and out and the defense was unable to leave the field.

Le'veon Bell had also only 2 carry in the second half.

I'm confident, this time it's going to be different, since I do not think Miami is a good team (negative differential in points for and against) but the steelers have to stop the run without putting 8 or 9 man in the box.The steelers will be ready.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I firmly believe we 'should' win this game. Offensively and defensively we are the better team. However, we still have to win the game. We are not the same team that lost earlier in the season, and they are not the same team that beat us either. Both have improved and gained confidence. But let's win this one and THEN move on to the next round. It has been talked about on here like it's already done and won. Most of you will start the 'abandon ship' mantra again if we lose this game. The Dolphins WILL come to play. We had better be ready for war.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I firmly believe we 'should' win this game. Offensively and defensively we are the better team. However, we still have to win the game. We are not the same team that lost earlier in the season, and they are not the same team that beat us either. Both have improved and gained confidence. But let's win this one and THEN move on to the next round. It has been talked about on here like it's already done and won. Most of you will start the 'abandon ship' mantra again if we lose this game. The Dolphins WILL come to play. We had better be ready for war.

I agree...I said Sunday that I did not want to hear about KC this week!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If this game isn't as 35-0 Steelers victory, I think this might be a place to avoid for about 5 months.

The Dolphins are a good team that absolutely kicked the Steelers ass early in the season. Their offensive line just manhandled them. On the other side of the ball, they generated enough pressure to throw the offense off kilter all day. And I swear, if this someone becomes another dozen post rant about how that was all Haley's fault...

The Chiefs are a completely different team than faced the Steelers early in the Season. Maclin is healthy again, Hill has emerged as one of the most dangerous weapons in the league, and I think they are healthy across the board. They are no longer a stop Kelce and wait for the punt unit team. Assuming his health holds up, Houston has been a force since his return and Peters is easily the kind of INT prone DB that has given Roethlisberger fits before (say HI to Reggie Nelson). That match-up is going to be brutal.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    If this game isn't as 35-0 Steelers victory, I think this might be a place to avoid for about 5 months.

The Dolphins are a good team that absolutely kicked the Steelers ass early in the season. Their offensive line just manhandled them. On the other side of the ball, they generated enough pressure to throw the offense off kilter all day. And I swear, if this someone becomes another dozen post rant about how that was all Haley's fault...

The Chiefs are a completely different team than faced the Steelers early in the Season. Maclin is healthy again, Hill has emerged as one of the most dangerous weapons in the league, and I think they are healthy across the board. They are no longer a stop Kelce and wait for the punt unit team. Assuming his health holds up, Houston has been a force since his return and Peters is easily the kind of INT prone DB that has given Roethlisberger fits before (say HI to Reggie Nelson). That match-up is going to be brutal.
    You are 100% correct about the dangers that the team faces in their possible opponents.

One of the most amazing things is listening to fans claim that the Steelers can't possibly lose these games. That they should blow them off the field. Yet, in game day threads, some of these same people are calling for the heads of anyone that makes a mistake, and scream that nearly anyone associated with the team from the owners to the towel boys are bums.

The bipolar nature of fans is very tiresome and aggravating to listen to. They claim to have all the answers yet can't identify a real threat on the football field. Then, want to clearcut everyone when they lose a game because they think that there is no rational explanation for the team losing. It's the damnedest thing to behold.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Well as we know anything is possible but, I still think the steelers will beat the phins. KC like mentioned in above post are a different team and, the defense has improved plus that Hill is a game breaker plus playing at arrowhead is no easy task. That's one game for sure Ben has to play mistake free no turnovers and, I still like the steelers to win a close game.