Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Week 16: Ravens

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Re: Week 16: Ravens

At least Ravens fans don't blame the refs when they lose. They seem to be pointing fingers at their DC though.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Thank god for Gilbert. He was one of the X factors today. I noticed how well he was doing on him but didnt realize that he dominated
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    And new HC? Harbaugh is a better coach than Tomlin as much as it annoys me to say it. Harbaugh would have a 2nd ring if he had Ben. At least.
    Uh, based on what, exactly? This will be the 3rd time in 4 years Baltimore will be missing the postseason. And weren't you one of the folks here recently decrying Ben's lack of "clutchness" in recent years?

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

And new HC? Harbaugh is a better coach than Tomlin as much as it annoys me to say it. Harbaugh would have a 2nd ring if he had Ben. At least.
    Don't forget to consider the churn of personnel since 2008. 2010 should have been a win against GB. Tomlin 10 years, no losing season and has transitioned a SB winner into a SB contender. Ravens were 5-11 last year. Heads asplode around here when we go 8-8.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Uh, based on what, exactly? This will be the 3rd time in 4 years Baltimore will be missing the postseason. And weren't you one of the folks here recently decrying Ben's lack of "clutchness" in recent years?
    Based on the fact that he has a vastly inferior QB situation. That is everything. He had more come back opportunities early on and finished them earlier in his career no? He didnt finish them as frequently the past couple of years, am i wrong? He just came up with 2, so good on him. im hard on the team that i root for because i CARE about them, not AGAINST them. We didnt become the best franchise on the planet by having low standards

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Don't forget to consider the churn of personnel since 2008. 2010 should have been a win against GB. Tomlin 10 years, no losing season and has transitioned a SB winner into a SB contender. Ravens were 5-11 last year. Heads asplode around here when we go 8-8.
    2010 was part of Aaron Rodgers insurgence into becoming the best QB on the planet. and while we had the #1 scoring defense in the league, the packers werent far behind, and our passing defense still happened to be a glaring weakpoint. With an injured Polamalu on top of that, i think steeler fans just need to admit we got beat.

How good exactly do people around here think Tomlin would be if he had Flacco as a quarterback
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YNvfZKGqePI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

How good exactly do people around here think Tomlin would be if he had Flacco as a quarterback
    I suppose if Harbaugh had Ben they'd have 4 super bowl titles by now?

Don't forget that Harbaugh was on board with giving Flacco superstar money at $20M a year.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I suppose if Harbaugh had Ben they'd have 8 super bowl titles by now?
    slight edit

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    All due respect (and I have crazy respect for you), but I disagree. The Ravens didn't force any of that. That was all miscues and mistakes on our part. Some of it was just awful calls from the refs, but none of that had anything to do with the Ravens.
    Writing it off to "typical Steelers Ravens" is a cop out. We *must* play better than this if we hope to get anywhere in the playoffs. We'll be playing better competition on the road.
    Mad but relieved...
    I agree they didn't necessary force it, but rather, those games are always like that. In truth, all I care about is coming way with a win when it comes to Ravens games. I don't care how ugly they are, I just don't take anything from them except for a W. I do agree, however, the Steelers have to play better in the coming weeks. On the other hand, they've seemed to play just a little better than every team they've played since the losing streak, so there's something to be excited about!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I suppose if Harbaugh had Ben they'd have 4 super bowl titles by now?

Don't forget that Harbaugh was on board with giving Flacco superstar money at $20M a year.
    You suppose wrong, and equating my opinion that Harbaugh is better than Tomlin to needless hyperbole is fruitless. Uh no, but I do believe Ben would have one more ring by now.

Hindsight is 20/20. The alternative to not paying Flacco (who basically triggered the crazy pricetag on even average QB's on up these days) is searching for a franchise QB. That's so easy right? We have arguably the best front office in the world and that was smooth sailing between Bradshaw and Ben . Flacco did "lead" them to a superbowl title. He did have an "elite" playoff run that in reality we all know was buoyed by throwing floating ducks to Anquan Boldin, but you honestly think thats going to work in the ravens favor at the negotiating table? The Ravens front office is among the best in the league, right up there with the packers and steelers. They fought tooth and nail NOT to pay Flacco what he's earning right now but knew they really didnt have any leverage. Harbaugh knows Flacco is no true franchise QB, but he realizes he's good enough to win it if the FO does a great job with the surrounding cast, with the ravens generally have. He also realizes the alternative is improbable.

Its the same reason why the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith. Only a moron would think he's a franchise QB. But the chiefs know he is capable of going far in the playoffs as long as the surrounding cast is excellent, which it is.

By all means, tell us how your current hindsight would have allowed you, if you were the ravens FO, to pluck a Kirk Cousins or Derek Carr quickly following a Flacco exit. I would have thought a fellow steeler fan would understand how hard it is to get a real franchise QB and the grueling alternatives to it.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I would wager that just about ANY head coach, worthy of his job, could win a SB with a QB like BB. Still, Mike Tomlin has the track record over his career to show he is a good coach. A very good coach. This team has big egos, multiple stars, injured players, and were sitting at 4-5, with fans on this forum jumping off like rats. THE COACHES kept the focus, kept the team focused, and did a great job preparing THIS team for a 6-0 run. Hopefully finish with an 11-0 run. Yes, that was a great coaching job by Tomlin.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

This year and the last game proves again that our big rivals are the ravens and not the bengals.The games against the Ravens should always be on national TV.

It's never easy to play against the ravens and it was time that the steelers won a big game against the ravens, which the steelers had not done since 2010.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    This year and the last game proves again that our big rivals are the ravens and not the bengals.The games against the Ravens should always be on national TV.

It's never easy to play against the ravens and it was time that the steelers won a big game against the ravens, which the steelers had not done since 2010.
    We miss TP43 in the big games. All the clutch plays he made against the Ravens, especially in big games or with the game on the line. The dynamics may have changed, but it's still the best rivalry today.

The bell ringer

So...now that it is confirmed that Steve Smith is retiring..and that Mike Wallace, who signed a 2 year deal with Baltimore before the start of this season might get cut because most of the money was to be in that 2nd year...although they could just restructure it. But my question...what NEW free agent WR will Baltimore sign this off-season to be our new " Nemesis " ?? .....It looks like the Jets Brandon Marshall is whining again...he might be out there. Then of course there is Desean Jackson...he is a free agent. I don't know who it will be...but it will be someone.

Adios Steve Smith. You were a great player and Intense player.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Week 16: Ravens

Smith is only 89% sure he's retiring. His work ethic and attitude is to the Ravens what Harrison is to the Steelers. I wouldn't say he's retired until August 1 rolls around and see if he gets through the itch to play...lol.
    Last edited by 86WARD; 12-29-2016 at 12:07 PM.

DeSean puts up Hall of Fame type numbers when it comes to the deep balls. He's exactly what Flacco would want to draw the PI calls.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

You suppose wrong, and equating my opinion that Harbaugh is better than Tomlin to needless hyperbole is fruitless. Uh no, but I do believe Ben would have one more ring by now.

Hindsight is 20/20. The alternative to not paying Flacco (who basically triggered the crazy pricetag on even average QB's on up these days) is searching for a franchise QB. That's so easy right? We have arguably the best front office in the world and that was smooth sailing between Bradshaw and Ben . Flacco did "lead" them to a superbowl title. He did have an "elite" playoff run that in reality we all know was buoyed by throwing floating ducks to Anquan Boldin, but you honestly think thats going to work in the ravens favor at the negotiating table? The Ravens front office is among the best in the league, right up there with the packers and steelers. They fought tooth and nail NOT to pay Flacco what he's earning right now but knew they really didnt have any leverage. Harbaugh knows Flacco is no true franchise QB, but he realizes he's good enough to win it if the FO does a great job with the surrounding cast, with the ravens generally have. He also realizes the alternative is improbable.

Its the same reason why the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith. Only a moron would think he's a franchise QB. But the chiefs know he is capable of going far in the playoffs as long as the surrounding cast is excellent, which it is.

By all means, tell us how your current hindsight would have allowed you, if you were the ravens FO, to pluck a Kirk Cousins or Derek Carr quickly following a Flacco exit. I would have thought a fellow steeler fan would understand how hard it is to get a real franchise QB and the grueling alternatives to it.
    I think, overall, that Harbaugh is a better coach than Tomlin. But I'm not sure that it would result is appreciably more wins or Super Bowls. Harbaugh is a top 3 coach IMO. Tomlin, I put about 5-6.

The bell ringer

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Smith is only 89% sure he's retiring. His work ethic and attitude is to the Ravens what Harrison is to the Steelers. I wouldn't say he's retired until August 1 rolls around and see if he gets through the itch to play...lol.

My friend. you don't know Irony very well. Smith said 89 % not to be serious, but as a joke in reference to his Jersey #89...He is Retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by The bell ringer View Post
    My friend. you don't know Irony very well. Smith said 89 % not to be serious, but as a joke in reference to his Jersey #89...He is Retiring.
    I know why he picked 89%...however a competitive player like Smith...I wouldn't rule him out until at least August 1. We've seen it way too many times...

The bell ringer

I know why he picked 89%...however a competitive player like Smith...I wouldn't rule him out until at least August 1. We've seen it way too many times...

Yeah...He's Gone. The Baltimore Sun reported he cleared out everything in his locker, and turned in his papers.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I agree. I still think he could change his mind and come back next year. I think the Ravens would love to have him back.

Shelby Dermer/FanSided via Stripe Hype Fansided Dec 29, 2016 at 7:38a ET

Shares

Sunday’s matchup between the Ravens and Bengals will be the final game for Baltimore wide receiver Steve Smith Sr.
    Your browser does not support iframes.

There were 47 seconds left in the game.
    The Bengals led the visiting Baltimore Ravens, 27-24, after a go-ahead touchdown run by Andy Dalton. Pinned at his own 20-yard line, Joe Flacco eluded a four-man rush and heaved a desperation pass down the field. Coming back to the ball was Steve Smith Sr., who made the catch, then raced into the end zone for the game-winning 80-yard score.
    The play was called back for pass interference on Smith, who was flagged for pushing off Bengals’ safety George Illoka. Two plays later, Cincinnati stopped the Ravens on downs to secure a momentous victory after being outscored, 107-54, over a four-week winless streak prior to the matchup.
    After giving the Bengals a major scare that day, Smith will return to Paul Brown Stadium for the first time since that thrilling day along the Ohio River.

And.....yada, yada, yada