Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Road to the playoffs: Who do we root for/ against to help the Steelers?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Road to the playoffs: Who do we root for/ against to help the Steelers?

This Denver-Kansas City game is not competitive, might as well talk about scenarios for who the Steelers will play in the wildcard now

There are 2 possible options for who Pittsburgh will play in 2 weeks Miami or Kansas City
    Pittsburgh plays Kansas City if: they lose to San Diego and Miami wins against New England
    Pittsburgh plays Miami if: One or both of the previously mentioned scenarios don't happen. (Which is funny considering we all thought Pittsburgh lost to another dreadful team when they lost to Miami in week 6)

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Who to root for...

Go Raidahs!!!

We want the Raidahs to get the #2 seed. That way the Chiefs play Houston (who they'll destroy)... and then play the Taperiots. Maybe the Chiefs knock out the Taperiots (they have a much better chance than the Raidahs or Texans), and the Steelers host the AFCCG.

Of course, we'd have to beat the Tannehill-less Dolphins and the Carr-less Raidahs... which isn't all that unfathomable (even by the biggest nay-sayers).

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Broncos are officially eliminated. Not sure what kind of crazy voodoo has to happen for us to not be playing the Dolphins, but it seems unlikely.

I like our current path to the superbowl. Dolphins are fucked. Were the home team this time, and completely different at home at that. Matt Moore is actually arguably an upgrade over Tannehill , which isnt all that surprising since i bet many of remember him being solid as an emergency backup a while back. Jay Ajayi will NOT be able to run for even half the yards he did last time. One of the biggest reasons he was able to run at will is because the tackling on the perimeter was bad. Artie Burns has cleaned up his tackling A LOT. Davis has become a great tackler in that time as well. not looking good for the warm weather team in january football. And this time Ben wont be playing 2.5 quarters with a torn meniscus. And im sure we wont be stupid enough to only give Bell 10 touches

The Raiders are the ones im more worried about even though their backup QB's are far worse. I just dont trust this team on the road, but i think we'll be able to pick it up in the playoffs. The raiders defense is awful aside from Khalil Mack and we should have no reservations about deploying a double team, or even a double team + chip blocking from the RB's to stop him. Deceptively effective stable of RB's, but that has been a strength for us, even without Cam. Considering we were down our 2 best Dlinemen, and another one was playing hurt, we did fine against the ravens run game. honestly my main concern if we play the raiders is being able to get a pass rush..or otherwise good coverage since i would honestly expect us to be unable to hit home. Raiders have arguably the 2nd best O-line in the league
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Playoffstatus.com gives the Steelers a 91% chance of facing the Dolphins

The bell ringer

The guys on ESPN said that KC can be a 2nd, 5th or 6th seed. And seeing as how they already have 11 wins, I guess that means that IF they should lose at San Diego next week, and Miami beats New England..then it will be Miami that gets the 5th seed, and a trip to Houston, and we would get KC again in Pittsburgh. As bad as it hurts Oakland without Carr...I just don't see Oakland losing to Denver even in Denver with that Bad offense, and with them out of the playoffs. But we shall see.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

When we have to go to Gillette, we should take our own radio gear.