Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants Game

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Giants Game

http://deadspin.com/the-giants-defen...und-1789462791

Man...sounds like their defensive rebuild is about a season ahead of where our rebuild is trying to get to.

Should be a really tough game this week. I don't think we have anyone that can stay with Odell - particularly in single coverage. While the Giants do not have anyone who can man cover AB, they don't need to blitz to get pressure and they can maintain double teams on AB. The Steelers do need to blitz to get pressure. That means we are going to see them try and get away with that LB on a WR match-up.

Makes me nervous!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Giants Game

Maybe we can have Porter get under OBJ's skin during pregame warmups and make him angry enough to do something stupid and get ejected for the whole game.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Maybe we can have Porter get under OBJ's skin during pregame warmups and make him angry enough to do something stupid and get ejected for the whole game.

Or we could tell him that his favorite net has been cheating on him with the kicker.

Nothing pisses a man off more than talking about his love interest or his mom.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Hard to believe we have faced the Giants about 75 times . They actually kind of own us with i think a (44-28-3) record . I can't remember the last time we played . Last i could find was 2008 which they won at Heinz field. If the imformation i found was correct we should win this game. Last games have gone Steelers,Giants,Steelers,Giants. Hope that pattern sticks .
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    Hard to believe we have faced the Giants about 75 times . They actually kind of own us with i think a (44-28-3) record . I can't remember the last time we played . Last i could find was 2008 which they won at Heinz field. If the imformation i found was correct we should win this game. Last games have gone Steelers,Giants,Steelers,Giants. Hope that pattern sticks .
    We beat them in 2012 at MetLife stadium, 24-20.

We need the pattern broken.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    We beat them in 2012 at MetLife stadium, 24-20.

We need the pattern broken.
    Yeah that sucks because that would, um , well you know um, ah , yeah , change the pattern.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    Last one I remember with Troy getting the last second fumble recovery for a TD. 0nly to be taking off the board for no other reason then so the Giants would still cover the spreed.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    http://deadspin.com/the-giants-defen...und-1789462791

Man...sounds like their defensive rebuild is about a season ahead of where our rebuild is trying to get to.

Should be a really tough game this week. I don't think we have anyone that can stay with Odell - particularly in single coverage. While the Giants do not have anyone who can man cover AB, they don't need to blitz to get pressure and they can maintain double teams on AB. The Steelers do need to blitz to get pressure. That means we are going to see them try and get away with that LB on a WR match-up.

Makes me nervous!
    This is a nervous game for me as well. Not just OBJ, they have a very good receiving corps. Their defense is really stacked too. AB should see Jenkins and Collins the whole game. We can win this one but it's going to take a good game plan and great execution. Go Steelers!!!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

In Ben vs Eli, the road team is undefeated with margin of victory in the 3 contests a combined 14 points. This game will come down to the final minute, and hopefully they win

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Eli isn't Peyton....pressure the crap out of him ! AB no F**kin' dancing/penalties, Ben no throwing interception, take care of the ball, discipline, discipline, discipline. Come out wanting this game and we should be fine.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Eli isn't Peyton....pressure the crap out of him ! AB no F**kin' dancing/penalties, Ben no throwing interception, take care of the ball, discipline, discipline, discipline. Come out wanting this game and we should be fine.
    Pretty much my thoughts and like I said in another post more worried about the Buffalo game coming up soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh other then if AB puts up 3 td's again, He can walk like a camel or do wtf dance he wants.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Burns will be on OBJ. I'll be watching that match up closely.

Expect to see a lot more of Dupree in this game.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

This will be a shootout.

NYGiants: 43
    Steelers: 46***

***(six TDs with four 2-point conversions, and two kicked extra-points)

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    This will be a shootout.

NYGiants: 43
    Steelers: 46***

***(six TDs with four 2-point conversions, and two kicked extra-points)
    Extra points? What are those? We don't kick those whatever they are....
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG Ī-

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Extra points? What are those? We don't kick those whatever they are....
    Style points and Tomlin said he can take them or leave them.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Or deebo as long snapper, that'll get 'em....er wait.....

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Maybe this is the game where Ladarius makes his presence known.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I hope this is the game where Dupree makes his presence known!

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Should be a great game and, I just hope they can contain OBJ. If Ben plays great the steelers win this one and, like mentioned above Green could be the difference.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I've really liked the defensive look lately that's more of a hybrid 4-3 with Tuitt, McCullers, Hargreave and either Dupree, Harrison or a DE. I think that lets each individual on the line play to his strengths, and makes them better as a whole.

If McCullers isn't being counted on as a traditional "Nose Tackle" with a capital N and a capital T, but more of the "anchor" DT while Hargreaves is the penetrating DT, they both do their jobs better and between them take up 3 guys on the OL. It works. Tuitt has been free to wreak havoc on his side, and Dupree has been everywhere. So we've been getting a lot more pressure without always needing to commit 5 or 6 guys.

I don't think Cam Heyward's injury was a good thing by any means - but there is a huge silver lining because it's forced us to re-roll our defensive alignment, and we've stumbled into something that's actually somewhat effective.

The big question, of course, is whether that will actually work against a decent opponent. The Browns and Colts games were much-needed wins, but I don't know if they told us anything because they were both pretty bad teams, especially their quarterback play.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Member Array title="lotas will become famous soon enough">

I think this will be a close game but I don't see our defense giving up more than 24 points. We're finally getting some push off the line on defense, perhaps I'm exaggerating but I feel like it's been YEARS since we have had good push off the line. Seeing Hargrave barrel through the line, stop plays in the backfield, plug holes, get to the QB, it's a thing of beauty we haven't had in any sort of productive capacity since Big Snack.

We have a young, ever-improving crew of DB's, with the veteran Mike Mitchell having one of the best games of his career last week to build on going forward. If he can play like that consistently he makes the defense that much better. Cockrell can cover OBJ as a safe choice, or you can have Burns cover him as more of a risk but higher reward. Burns has the eyes and hands to be an INT machine as he progresses, and he's coming along extremely well IMO, as is Davis.

I'm definitely not nervous, I have faith and confidence this team can carry the energy from the past two weeks into Heinz Field and show the Giants how it's done.
    Game on baby.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

I am hoping it snows. I havent seen OBJ in the snow yet, and i feel our team as a whole is more equipt with a better oline and run game to grind it out in the bad weather

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

if we dont feed Bell a paltry number of times like in the Miami game, if Ben plays like he normally has at home the past 3 seasons, those 2 factors alone will get us the W. I expect a game thats much tighter than the scoreboard shows 36-27 steelers.

green and dupree, now's the time for your coming out party
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

We need this win ! Why? Because we need to prove to ourselves and the young players that we can beat the best competition week and week out. If we can catch this W against a playoff team now we can motivate a real superbowl run!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    We need this win ! Why? Because we need to prove to ourselves and the young players that we can beat the best competition week and week out. If we can catch this W against a playoff team now we can motivate a real superbowl run!
    Also, if we drop this game, we're suddenly 6-6, and I don't know if 9-7 will be good enough to beat out the Ravens for the division, so the margin for error is already thin. We need to stack as many wins as we can. With the AFC West logjam, it's looking like only the division winner for the AFCN will get into the postseason this year.

We gotta make the playoffs first, before anything else.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Also, if we drop this game, we're suddenly 6-6, and I don't know if 9-7 will be good enough to beat out the Ravens for the division, so the margin for error is already thin. We need to stack as many wins as we can. With the AFC West logjam, it's looking like only the division winner for the AFCN will get into the postseason this year.

We gotta make the playoffs first, before anything else.
    MuSt winE. Can NO lose no mOre Games!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    MuSt winE. Can NO lose no mOre Games!!!!
    Thanks for the reminder - I need to bump our new "slumpbuster" thread.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

keep in mind the giants underachieving offense. even though Eli has only been sacked 13 times and they have a pretty formidable WR corp in Odell Beckham, Sterling Shepard, and Victor Cruz, the giants have only been averaging 23.5 points at home and lucky for us.....18 points per game on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yeah this is a must win and, it feels like the steelers have to run the table to win the division.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    Yeah this is a must win and, it feels like the steelers have to run the table to win the division.
    No actually this is the one remaining game the Steelers can most afford to lose. Non division and non conference. The Steelers could actually lose this one and next weeks game at Buffalo and if they win their last 3 games, all divisional opponents, then at 9-7 they could very possibly win the division. I really don't see the Ravens winning all their remaining games.

That said it sure would be nice if the Steelers win this game, it would be a good measuring stick. If they beat the Giants it would suggest to me they have a legitimate shot to make some noise in the playoffs.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."