Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to spot a real NFL jersey

Junior Member Array title="Sixburgh is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: How to spot a real NFL jersey

An easy trick I always use to tell a real authentic style Reebok jersey from '02 - '11, especially if you don't have detailed pics like above, is by looking at the shoulders & sleeves. Many other teams use a shiny "dazzle" material, PHG does not. The material is a flat white or flat black. Here are a couple pics I pulled from eBay for comparison.
    (the fake example is choppy because it has been resized)

I AM UNABLE TO ADD PICS NOW FOR SOME REASON, I ADDED ONE EASILY TO MY ONLY OTHER POST. BUT THIS INFO COULD STILL BE USEFUL WITHOUT IMAGES.

Another easy tell is the placement of the jock tag located near the bottom hem. Counterfeit jerseys tend to have them placed too high. The authentic ones' tags are ALWAYS about 1 3/4" from the bottom and about the same distance in from the side as well. Some fake may however have the tag in the proper place.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: How to spot a real NFL jersey

The numbers on fake ones tend to be spaced too close or too far apart and the font, although the same, is thicker. Think bold as compared to regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler