Thread: NFL Network To Debut Chuck Noll ‘A Football Life’ On Friday

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

NFL Network To Debut Chuck Noll ‘A Football Life’ On Friday

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/11...medium=twitter

If you’re not busy Friday night, make sure you tune-in to the NFL Network as they’ll be debuting a new episode of ‘A Football Life’ featuring Chuck Noll, who was the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers from 1969–1991.
    - - - Updated - - -

(Whoops) Had the quotes in the title.....

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: NFL Network To Debut Chuck Noll ‘A Football Life’ On Friday

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/11...medium=twitter

- - - Updated - - -

(Whoops) Had the quotes in the title.....
    The Steelers have a link to the episode of A Football Life on Coach Noll on their website

It is outstanding.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...0-7cfc213a7be4

Among other highlights, I give Terry Bradshaw credit for agreeing to be interviewed and giving credit to Coach Noll's accomplishments while, for reasons I still regard to be unjustified, explaining why he never got over his resentment of how Coach Noll handled him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/a-football...e-relationship

For anyone who has experienced the aging of parents or other loved ones one part of the last segment is heartbreaking.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    The Steelers have a link to the episode of A Football Life on Coach Noll on their website

It is outstanding.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...0-7cfc213a7be4

Among other highlights, I give Terry Bradshaw credit for agreeing to be interviewed and giving credit to Coach Noll's accomplishments while, for reasons I still regard to be unjustified, explaining why he never got over his resentment of how Coach Noll handled him.

For anyone who has experienced the aging of parents or other loved ones one part of the last segment is heartbreaking.
    I think Bradshaw does not want to discuss it again and again. He has alot of resentment toward the fans and to Noll's handling of him. (Not excusing Terry's behavior because he is highly erratic and tempermental about his time in Pittsburgh)

However, in 2003, he apologized to Chuck Noll during a Pittsburgh HOF ceremony or Dapper Dan or something in the city. I cannot figure out which. Anyways, he asked Coach Noll to present him at this awards banquet. Noll was about to go on vacation but cancelled the plans immediately and happily agreed to present Terry. Terry gave a heartfelt apology and told Noll to his face that it was his fault and gave all the credit to Coach Noll for his success and for the Steelers success.

Here is the video:

The part where Terry apologize to Noll is near the end. It's a very good interview, BTW

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Great coach and one of the best of all time but even hard for Tomlin or Cowher to mess those teams up with all the talent that they had. Of course the argument can be made that Knoll inherited all of Bill Austin's good players.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Didn't Bradshaw battle severe depression for large portions of his life? Might be that easy to explain his rocky relationships with Noll and others. I think it ended at least one marriage...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Didn't Bradshaw battle severe depression for large portions of his life? Might be that easy to explain his rocky relationships with Noll and others. I think it ended at least one marriage...
    I'm sure he was depressed when he was in his relationship with Shingles. Not sure about his Marriage to JoJo Starbuck.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Also,he was ADD before it was named. Growing up it was just called hyper active. Great interview with him on the David Feherty show.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably a little bipolar.