Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dupree activated; Heyward & Wheaton to IR

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Dupree activated; Heyward & Wheaton to IR

If Timmons goes outside, there's a gaping hole inside. They may be able to address that issue via free agency. I expect them to be un-Steeler like this off-season and bring in a few if not more veteran talent. They should have a nice chunk of change to do so even after signing "their guys".

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    I think when this secondary gets enough time to gel and develop (and I would hope for a better safety than Mitchell at some point) this defense will really turn into something special. Until then, I think Butler is going to do what he can to limit the chances they take...We need another solid pass rusher, (or let Timmons switch to OLB for a season or two until he hangs it up), but I think we have the makings of a great defense.
    Heard Mike Golic this morning say, "If you're going to be good at only one thing on defense, be good at rushing the QB". They were talking about the Raiders, but wise words still. A good pass rush makes the entire rest of the defense better. Our DBs are playing well enough now that if we can start generating a consistent pass rush, this could turn quickly into a very good defense now.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    I think when this secondary gets enough time to gel and develop (and I would hope for a better safety than Mitchell at some point) this defense will really turn into something special. Until then, I think Butler is going to do what he can to limit the chances they take...We need another solid pass rusher, (or let Timmons switch to OLB for a season or two until he hangs it up), but I think we have the makings of a great defense.
    I agree.

They are now experienced. In my opinion, they are close to taking a giant leap forward. We may not see it until next year, but the talent is now there. Add a player or two, and this defense could be dynamite.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Heard Mike Golic this morning say, "If you're going to be good at only one thing on defense, be good at rushing the QB". They were talking about the Raiders, but wise words still. A good pass rush makes the entire rest of the defense better. Our DBs are playing well enough now that if we can start generating a consistent pass rush, this could turn quickly into a very good defense now.
    Yep.

I've recounted on here, numerous times, Damien Woody's response to the question about "OLB vs CB".

In a nutshell, Woody stated:
    "Darrelle Revis was the best player that I've ever played with. But... if I had to choose one player to have on defense, it'd be James Harrison. A good CB is able to take one player completely out of a game, but the QB could still go to his second and third options. Whereas, a good OLB disrupts the QB, which takes away ALL of his options."

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I'm hoping we see more than one snap from Dupree tomorrow night...

Member Array title="Rara is an unknown quantity at this point"> Rara's Avatar

Dupree should be 100% and ready to go if they activated him...one snap was ridiculous.

I see the Steelers going after a linebacker in the first round again.

Targets who I'd like to see in the draft:

Devonte Fields, OLB; Lousiville

Taco Charlton, DE; Michigan

Sam Hubbard, DE; Ohio State (I think he'll be this year's Joey Bosa)

Targets who I'd like to see in free agency:

Chandler Jones
    Chad Greenway
    Last edited by Rara; 11-23-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    I'm hoping we see more than one snap from Dupree tomorrow night...
    Two would be nice.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Two would be nice.

Whoa! Slow down there Smokey! We don't want to overwork him.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Dupree could be a huge difference maker . Nothing can make your secondary better(less noticeable) than a good,consistant, strong pass rush . Little old school wisdom .
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Dupree is being worked in slowly.

Hargrave is is looking very good at DE. (Last week, Tuitt stepped up his game; this week, it was Hargrave's turn.)

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He looked really good actually...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Hargrave is a far better DE right now than a DT. I think we are all going to see why he was drafted the next several weeks.

Dupree just makes me giggle when he is on the field. He is so much quicker and more athletic than any other linebacker on the roster not named Shazier

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Hargrave is a far better DE right now than a DT. I think we are all going to see why he was drafted the next several weeks.

Dupree just makes me giggle when he is on the field. He is so much quicker and more athletic than any other linebacker on the roster not named Shazier
    I agree on both points. I don't think that Hargrave is stout enough to be a good NT. Dupree can be a monster in our D. He has the size, strength, speed and athleticism needed.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Next season, when Heyward comes back, I would love to see a 67%, 66%, 66% split at DE, between Heyward, Tuitt, & Hargrave.

Keep them well rested, and in turn, the three of them can go "all out" when they are on the field.

I know that we all want an OLB in R1, but maybe NT Lowell Lotulelei gets some consideration...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He looked really good actually...
    What did you see? I didnt pay nearly enough attention to Bud during the game, but i do recall a play where he really whooped the Colts LT who is supposed to be the one legit OL on that squad
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    What did you see? I didnt pay nearly enough attention to Bud during the game, but i do recall a play where he really whooped the Colts LT who is supposed to be the one legit OL on that squad
    I was referring to Hargrave. Dupree I saw flying around a few times...looked like Jarvis Jones to be honest...lol

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

For Dupree, there was one play that sums it up for me. He started over the tackle, took a step or two to the outside and then looped into the center guard gap. On the way he took another half step towards the guard to fake him out.

Basically with itch speed and quickness he held the tackle outside, almost made the guard trip over his own two feet and came roaring up the middle for a hit on he QB.

Jarvis couldn't accomplish all that in 3 plays, let alone the 3 seconds Dupree did it in.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I was referring to Hargrave. Dupree I saw flying around a few times...looked like Jarvis Jones to be honest...lol

Dupree had 2 tackles in 20 snaps.

Jarvis won the Stupid Mannequin challenge in 26 snaps.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

For Dupree, there was one play that sums it up for me. He started over the tackle, took a step or two to the outside and then looped into the center guard gap. On the way he took another half step towards the guard to fake him out.

Basically with itch speed and quickness he held the tackle outside, almost made the guard trip over his own two feet and came roaring up the middle for a hit on he QB.

Jarvis couldn't accomplish all that in 3 plays, let alone the 3 seconds Dupree did it in.
    thats encouraging i suppose, but kind of what we expect of him from a physical standpoint. how was his hand fighting? thats the one thing thats going to take his game to a whole different level
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.