Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do Steelers Win Superbowl?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: How Do Steelers Win Superbowl?

You're underestimating the Chiefs at this stage of the season imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I guess Chiefs can move to 2 and the Raiders fall to 5. Can the Texans move to 3 and the Steelers drop to 4? Is that possible? That would be the worst case scenario of all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Maybe. Or overestimating Alex Smith?

- - - Updated - - -

If we had to run thru the playoffs by facing Matt Moore, Matt McGloin, and Alex Smith, I would sign up right now.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Agreed. They are a much better team than our earlier experience would suggest.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    The AFC Playoffs look very, very winnable. The way it stands now, and probably will stay:
    1. Patriots 14-2 (Dolphins locked into playoffs. either 5 or 6. not much to play for and NE wants to be the top.)
    2. Raiders 13-3 (the broncos suck. besides, they would probably prefer the raiders to win the west anyway.)
    3. Steelers 11-5 (Landry Jones HAS to beat the browns.)
    4 Texans 9-7 or 10-6 (its over and boring down in the AFC south.)
    5. Chiefs 12-4
    6. Dolphins 10-6.

Texans, Raiders and Dolphins all have backup QBs. The chiefs can be destroyed by the Steelers (we know that already). That leaves the Patriots. Here we go:

Chiefs at Texans (chiefs win)
    Dolphins at Steeles (this would be an inexcusable loss. Our boys got this one for sure.)

Chiefs at Patriots (this would be a dramatic, but an exciting upset. maybe chiefs. I know the pats would win, but for the sake of this discussion lets say the chiefs have a last second FG.)
    Steelers at Raiders (against Matt Mcgloin, against a defense the steelers scored 38 points on, with Bell, Brown and Ben, I like these chances.)

Chiefs at Steelers (This could get really out of hand. Like 30 points in the first half by Pittsburgh)

I think the best way for the Steelers to go to the superbowl is simply beat the backups, and hope for an upset by a no-name team (texans or chiefs) against the pats.

This isn't the same Chiefs team. They have improved drastically on both sides of the ball.

They are physical. They run the ball well and control the clock. Alex Smith makes enough plays with his arm and his feet to be a threat, and he doesn't turn the ball over.

The TE Kelce is a beast. He will be very difficult to contain. Since we played them, Tyreek Hill has emerged as an explosive weapon for this team. He is a difference maker with his big play ability. He can turn any handoff or pass into a touchdown from anywhere on the field.

On defense, Justin Houston has returned from injury. They have playmakers at every level of their defense. Losing Derrick Johnson was a big loss, but they still have guys that can make plays everywhere defensively. Eric Berry, Marcus Peters, Tamba Hali, Houston, and Dontari Poe.

They will probably go 12-4 playing in the toughest division in football. It would be a mistake to take them lightly.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I certainly will not take them lightly, but I think the above scenario is quite possible (aside from the scores). We win against the Bills and Raiders, KC wins against the Texans and NE (they are one of the few left who have a good enough def to beat the Pats I think). Then KC comes to us. I like that scenario.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    This isn't the same Chiefs team. They have improved drastically on both sides of the ball.

They are physical. They run the ball well and control the clock. Alex Smith makes enough plays with his arm and his feet to be a threat, and he doesn't turn the ball over.

The TE Kelce is a beast. He will be very difficult to contain. Since we played them, Tyreek Hill has emerged as an explosive weapon for this team. He is a difference maker with his big play ability. He can turn any handoff or pass into a touchdown from anywhere on the field.

On defense, Justin Houston has returned from injury. They have playmakers at every level of their defense. Losing Derrick Johnson was a big loss, but they still have guys that can make plays everywhere defensively. Eric Berry, Marcus Peters, Tamba Hali, Houston, and Dontari Poe.

They will probably go 12-4 playing in the toughest division in football. It would be a mistake to take them lightly.

If we have to play KC, I wonder if Tomlin will put J.Gilbert on Kelce again.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

dont forget that one of the factors that blew that KC game open for us quickly was Sammie Coates who has been AWOL for an eternity. Coates had his huge cath against Marcus Peters to start the game and then a really well rounded game to finish things off
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

The bell ringer

Sorry but to me, the Chiefs are absolute " Fool's Gold " They are good in two areas of the game...Special teams, and they do have 16 interceptions...although 7 of those came in 2 games. But they are good. But as a straight Offensive & Defensive team...their numbers are below average...especially defensively. And all this stuff about how they did not have Justin Houston a lot during the season, and that his loss was huge...BS! The numbers absolutely say otherwise. Houston missed the first 9 games of the season, and they went 7-2 without him. In fact the Chiefs were on a 5 game winning streak when Houston returned for their game against Tampa Bay...and they LOST with him.

The Chiefs are 20th in total Offense...and 24th in total Defense. They have been very lucky this season to have beaten some of the worst teams by a few points. Yes they did beat Oakland in a good performance. And they won at Atlanta..However J.Jones did not play that game. So even though they are not Dog Poop..they are hardly an elite level team.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

You can definitely be arrogant, argumentative, combative, self righteous and condescending Preach, but you certainly nail them on occasion!

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by The bell ringer View Post
    The Chiefs are 20th in total Offense...and 24th in total Defense.
    Although stats never say it all, those stats are definitely intriguing. I wonder, however, what they would look like over, say, the last five-seven games. Teams can get hot and overall stats matter less in those cases, but on the other side, if a team is hot for 5-7 games, they'd also tend to rise in the stats more than 20th and 24th.

Just to compare, here are the Steelers rank, then the Chiefs

OFFENSE
    Yards per Offensive snap: 5th, 16th
    Yards per pass attempt: 7th, 19th
    Yards per Rush attempt: virtually even (4.4, 4.3 yards, 12 and 14th)
    Total TDs: 11th, 17th

Defense
    Yards per play, tied.
    Total yards, 9th, 24th
    Yards per pass, tied
    Yards per rush, 15th, 22nd
    Total points allowed per game, 9th, 5th.

What I take from this is . . . the Kansas City defense is pretty good, but they're also left on the field for long periods of time (which is why their overall yardage is much higher). The question is whether that offense can show up and score points against our defense that is ninth best in points allowed. Because our offense will show up, even if it's 18 points off the kicker's foot and late TD for the win.

The bell ringer

I am not saying KC Sucks. But I do think they are not what a normal 12-4 team is ( Maybe )..But, if KC losses at San Diego...which is limping right now with a loss to several players...then what ? Look, I agree that Oakland could lose this weekend in Denver. I mean maybe Denver will be motivated to screw over their rivals the Raiders, or maybe end up 9-7...who knows. And I know KC won't know that outcome before their game cause both play at the same time. But if any of the three....Oakland-Miami and KC have a chance at losing this weekend it IS Miami and Oakland. KC has no real excuse right now to lose to the Chargers. And if they do...I think all that so-called confidence will be striped away.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

lets be real. ANY team is threat to us on the road. The only convincing road wins we've had are against an average redskins team and a hampered colts team led by a back up QB. the chiefs are still an actually good team, and other than Gillette Stadium, Arrowhead/CenturyLink Stadium are some of the toughest places to play
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by The bell ringer View Post
    I am not saying KC Sucks. But I do think they are not what a normal 12-4 team is ( Maybe )..But, if KC losses at San Diego...which is limping right now with a loss to several players...then what ? Look, I agree that Oakland could lose this weekend in Denver. I mean maybe Denver will be motivated to screw over their rivals the Raiders, or maybe end up 9-7...who knows. And I know KC won't know that outcome before their game cause both play at the same time. But if any of the three....Oakland-Miami and KC have a chance at losing this weekend it IS Miami and Oakland. KC has no real excuse right now to lose to the Chargers. And if they do...I think all that so-called confidence will be striped away.
    Actually, I'm not arguing with you. I haven't followed KC enough to know whether they're a good team or not. I was just fascinated by the stats you posted so I wanted to take more in depth look at them. You very well could be right in everything you've posted here.

The bell ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Actually, I'm not arguing with you. I haven't followed KC enough to know whether they're a good team or not. I was just fascinated by the stats you posted so I wanted to take more in depth look at them. You very well could be right in everything you've posted here.

Then again...I might not

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    If we have to play KC, I wonder if Tomlin will put J.Gilbert on Kelce again.

At this point, we don't even know Gilbert's status. We haven't seen him in a while. We don't know if he's injured, or has been a healthy scratch from the lineup as he has been on the inactive list.

I'd like to have him just for his kickoff return skills, and the quality depth he can potentially provide at CB.

I guess we'll just have to hope the Steelers win a game or two, and we may find out.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

To me, best case scenario is that the stars align and we end up playing as many games as possible at home. This team scares me when they're on the road.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

MUST WINE. CAN NO LOSE!!!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

KC is a very good team but they also lost at home against the Titans and Tampa Bay, so they are not unbeatable.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

2 things need to happen for the Steelers to win the Super Bowl
    1. Stay healthy
    2. Quit rolling out the soft as shit defense, especially in crunch time like they did in Baltimore's last TD drive

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    To me, best case scenario is that the stars align and we end up playing as many games as possible at home. This team scares me when they're on the road.
    While that's definitely true, I don't know, I think I'd rather see them lose earlier in the playoffs on the road than in the SB on the road. By that I mean, I'd rather see them go on the road for 2 of their 3 playoff games and either lose, or show they've turned a corner before flying down for the big game. Then again, spending a week or a week and a half at the SB sight might actually allow the team (and Ben) to settle into their pre-game rhythm.

#CRASHFormation

Simple, play man up in coverage on defense.

Play 3 wides on offense.

Do that and I like their chances against anyone.

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

Man EVERYONE seems to be looking right past Miami 😕

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by #CRASHFormation View Post
    Simple, play man up in coverage on defense.

Play 3 wides on offense.

Do that and I like their chances against anyone.
    I agree with 3 wide on offense.

Spreading out the defense gives Bell more room on runs and short passes.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

#CRASHFormation

I'll say it right now, if he's available in what may be his final season and he's on the block? Darren Sproles is a MUST for 2017.

They blew it three years ago, they can't afford to miss the chance again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I agree with 3 wide on offense.

Spreading out the defense gives Bell more room on runs and short passes.
    And keeps the speed on the field. Miracle how AB got open down 10 points once the slugs hit the bench huh?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    Man EVERYONE seems to be looking right past Miami 😕

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    No, we aren't. We already say: must wine (Miami), no can lose.

The bell ringer

I'll say it right now, if he's available in what may be his final season and he's on the block? Darren Sproles is a MUST for 2017.

They blew it three years ago, they can't afford to miss the chance again.

- - - Updated - - -

And keeps the speed on the field. Miracle how AB got open down 10 points once the slugs hit the bench huh?

Sproles is not even available Dude, I mean DUH! He has already announced that next season will be his last, and he is under contract for next season in Philly, and his base salary is peanuts. No way is Philly releasing him. Not with their RB situation.

#CRASHFormation

He makes $4 million. And, you would think, he'd like to get on a contender.

The bell ringer

He makes $4 million. And, you would think, he'd like to get on a contender.
    Yeah you could THINK that..but you would be wrong. Darren has already said his first priority is to remain with the Eagles.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It's not a given that Sproles will be back to Philly. As it stands now, the Eagles are 850k+ over the projected 2017 cap. If they can draft a solid RB or pick one up in free agency that is more cap friendly than the $4M hit that Sproles would count against them, they would do it in a second...especially if Sproles isn't open to a restructure. He's clearly working in a backloaded deal that has hit that decision point for Philadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler