Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game ball and Goats.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Game ball and Goats.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That wasn't a coverage breakdown on Gronks TD. Golden just didn't know how to approach it and screwed it up. They had the play covered, Golden just couldn't handle it and approached it wrong. I don't call that a breakdown. I call that poor execution...
    I think that play shows you exactly why they drafted Sean Davis. Golden is what he is - but he really isn't that great. Apparently Davis, like so many of this team's draft picks, looks like an Olympian but has the brainpower of a triceratops.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Game ball and Goats.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That wasn't a coverage breakdown on Gronks TD. Golden just didn't know how to approach it and screwed it up. They had the play covered, Golden just couldn't handle it and approached it wrong. I don't call that a breakdown. I call that poor execution...
    I think it was both. Golden screwed the pooch on that play - and I mean really fucked the dog - but we either completely blew the playcall or blew the coverage. Half our secondary was in the wrong place and not even near any receiver.

Maybe it was Cockrell and Gay being out of position on their own, in which case it was a breakdown. Or maybe it was some kind of designed zone/man hybrid, in which case we completely misread the play. But there is no excuse for having two of your three cornerbacks running around looking for something to do - it means one way or another, someone fucked up. And of course it didn't help that Golden simply could not cover the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I think that play shows you exactly why they drafted Sean Davis. Golden is what he is - but he really isn't that great. Apparently Davis, like so many of this team's draft picks, looks like an Olympian but has the brainpower of a triceratops.
    That made me laugh. Sad but true
    See you Space Cowboy ...