Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Beat the Patriots

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Re: How to Beat the Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I think the Steelers best chance of winning this game is to trade for Vontez Burfict and Ndamukong Suh.

There's a pretty good chance Brady, Gronk, Bennett, and Edleman won't finish the game. Burfict almost single handedly stopped the Steelers from winning the super bowl last year with his dirty play as he knocked out the Steelers best players.

I guess Roger Goodell thinks this behavior on the field is ok, so maybe that's how everyone needs to start playing the game.

You can beat your wife repeatedly. You get to keep making money while suspended.

You can beat your girlfriend.

You can try to end other players careers over and over and over again and be slapped on the wrist.

You can stomp on players. You can spike a players face. You can kick a franchise quarterback in an already injured knee.....and get away with it.

What you can't do is smoke a joint. Whatever you do, do not smoke marijuana.

If you smoke a joint and get caught a couple times, you are taken off the field, lose a ton of money, and are taken away from the structure in your life that holds things together for some young men and left to figure it out on your own. Back to the streets for you.

What the hell is going on in the NFL?

In Roger Goodell's game, taking out the opposing players with dirty play is the new way to get things done with minimal penalty. Maybe it will be instituted as a new strategy by teams throughout the NFL reacting directly to the commissioner's stance on what is right or wrong, and the punishments for those actions.

Welcome to Goodell's vision of the NFL.
    You were a bit off topic but I agree 100%. I especially agree about football being a positive factor in the lives of the Gordons and Bryants. They're probably on the couch packing a bowl right now why not? They've got nothing else to do.

The NFL is just afraid of its players losing their appeal to white audiences/christian audiences etc. It's the same reason the NBA instituted a dress code for players attending NBA games on their own time. It was the "You see what Iverson is wearing? Yeah... you can't wear that" rule.

Every single thing the NFL does is to cover its own ass from fining players and coaches for speaking out about bad officiating, to eliminating big hits however legal for fear of head trauma only to have players black out from hits to play a week later, to only punishing obvious and public domestic violence that leaves the NFL with a black eye, to completely controlling uniforms down to the socks, shoes and eye black.

Every NFL fan sees how transparently the NFL panders to casual fans. There is zero question that the integrity of the game takes a back seat to profits and mass appeal. The NFL would rather attract bandwagon fans who are new to football and just started watching because the Seahawks just got good and all the other bandwagon fans in the Northwest are watching than continue the traditional game that appeals to ex players and long time fans.

- - - Updated - - -

On topic: so... Landry Jones throwing 47 times ISN'T the best way to beat the Patriots?

At least we know for next time.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: How to Beat the Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by LloydWoodson View Post
    You were a bit off topic but I agree 100%. I especially agree about football being a positive factor in the lives of the Gordons and Bryants. They're probably on the couch packing a bowl right now why not? They've got nothing else to do.

The NFL is just afraid of its players losing their appeal to white audiences/christian audiences etc. It's the same reason the NBA instituted a dress code for players attending NBA games on their own time. It was the "You see what Iverson is wearing? Yeah... you can't wear that" rule.

Every single thing the NFL does is to cover its own ass from fining players and coaches for speaking out about bad officiating, to eliminating big hits however legal for fear of head trauma only to have players black out from hits to play a week later, to only punishing obvious and public domestic violence that leaves the NFL with a black eye, to completely controlling uniforms down to the socks, shoes and eye black.

Every NFL fan sees how transparently the NFL panders to casual fans. There is zero question that the integrity of the game takes a back seat to profits and mass appeal. The NFL would rather attract bandwagon fans who are new to football and just started watching because the Seahawks just got good and all the other bandwagon fans in the Northwest are watching than continue the traditional game that appeals to ex players and long time fans.

- - - Updated - - -

On topic: so... Landry Jones throwing 47 times ISN'T the best way to beat the Patriots?

At least we know for next time.

I meant every part of the post. They are all valid thoughts I believe.

The overall point I was making is a bit sarcastic. I'm just taking some serious shots at Roger Goodell and the direction he's taking the league.