Thread: TPOP: The Assassination of Le'Veon Bell by the Coward Todd Haley

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

TPOP: The Assassination of Le'Veon Bell by the Coward Todd Haley

Here is my latest article from The Point of Pittsburgh. In a nutshell, it asks why Todd Haley refused to use Le'Veon Bell.

The Assassination of Le'Veon Bell by the Coward Todd Haley
    by Tiger Rowan

On Sunday, the Steelers lost to the Dolphins in an abysmal fashion. One could blame the loss on injuries, specifically a torn meniscus in Ben Roethlisberger’s knee. Likewise, one could use the excuse that there were a large number of rookies and/or second-string players in the starting line-up. While there are a plethora of possible scapegoats, the real cause for that loss comes down to the fact that the Steelers did not rush Le’Veon Bell enough.

Entering into this game, the Dolphins were dead last in run defense, a streak which seemed to continue, in that Bell was averaging 5.3 yards per carry and DeAngelo Williams was averaging 3.3 yards per carry. Yet, the two running backs combined for only nine carries in the first half. I was mystified as to why Todd Haley would not run his running back tandem into the ground, because, if it had been me, I would have given them each nine touches in the first quarter alone. Alas…

Read more:
    http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/...rd-todd-haley/

Feel free to pass this on to anyone who might enjoy reading it...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: TPOP: The Assassination of Le'Veon Bell by the Coward Todd Haley

That 3rd & 1 play where they had Landry throw it...it boggles my mind. That play, the non-INT by Gay and the onsides recovery that wasn't...that made the game for the Dolphins...broke the game for the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

As I said in another thread, this pisses me off more than anything in regard to that game. The whole offensive game plan should've revolved around Bell and Williams pounding the ball.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Nice read bro

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

This title

Will read later. Title did catch my eye......

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Third and short is typically where Haley throws the deep ball. When it works, he's a genius. When Landry Jones is throwing the ball, it's idiotic. Moronic. The opposite of clever. It is an idea that just plain sucks in the worst kind of way. We should keep Jones to less than 20 passes per game and run, run, run, until BB gets back.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Basically, once our original plan didn't work, all we were doing was button-mashing. You're not going to win many games that way.

As for this week - usually to cover up for the fact that your quarterback sucks, you try to maximize ball control and win field position. The problem is, you need a good defense for it to work.

And besides having a shaky defense, we're facing the worst possible opponent for that. An offense that can march down the field in a minute and a half, and a coach that is going to know exactly what is coming - in this case, it'll be obvious enough even without stealing radio signals - so they'll be overloading against the run and jumping screen plays all day. It's going to take a masterpiece by Butler, including at least a couple of turnovers, and a huge game by the special teams in order for us to have a shot.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Third and short is typically where Haley throws the deep ball. When it works, he's a genius. When Landry Jones is throwing the ball, it's idiotic. Moronic. The opposite of clever. It is an idea that just plain sucks in the worst kind of way. We should keep Jones to less than 20 passes per game and run, run, run, until BB gets back.
    Situational football:
    If BB is healthy, I have almost no hesitation about passing it on 3rd-&-1.
    If BB is gimpy, I have some hesitation about passing it on 3rd-&-1.
    If Jones is the QB, I would neeeeeever pass it on 3rd-&-1.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Basically, once our original plan didn't work, all we were doing was button-mashing. You're not going to win many games that way.

As for this week - usually to cover up for the fact that your quarterback sucks, you try to maximize ball control and win field position. The problem is, you need a good defense for it to work.

And besides having a shaky defense, we're facing the worst possible opponent for that. An offense that can march down the field in a minute and a half, and a coach that is going to know exactly what is coming - in this case, it'll be obvious enough even without stealing radio signals - so they'll be overloading against the run and jumping screen plays all day. It's going to take a masterpiece by Butler, including at least a couple of turnovers, and a huge game by the special teams in order for us to have a shot.
    1. The defense has a pattern of giving up points in the:
    --teens, teens, low thirties
    --teens, teens, low thirties

Maaaybe that pattern continues, and the defense hold the Taperiots to about 19. Not likely, but maybe. Really though, I'd settle for the low-thirties, along with a pick-six (any points to help out the offense).

2. Landry Jones can throw deep. I could see two long TDs to Coates, and three deep INTs (punts basically).
    8/15 for 225 2 TDs, 3 INTs/punts

3. Bell, Bell, Bell. Even against a loaded front, he always seems to find a crease. I truly think that this game will depend on him. If he has 175+ yards from scrimmage and/or 2 TDs, then the Steelers have a shot.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

You have captured the frustration of this game and some of the decisions on the offensive side of the ball. Some of it simply didn't make any sense.

Having Jesse James off the line of scrimmage with no help and left to block Cameron Wake off the edge with a full head of steam was also a complete brain fart.

That said, it's only one game and we'll see what Haley comes up with against the Taperiots.

I love when Bell and Deangelo Williams are on the field together. Spread the defense and run. Then mix splitting Bell out and getting mismatches against LB's to give Jones simple reads and throws. Take the occasional deep shot when they get man coverage. Make some plays on offense, and defend every inch on defense and create a couple turnovers. You never know.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

They shit the bed on national tv.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    That said, it's only one game and we'll see what Haley comes up with against the Taperiots.
    As long as it's not akin to the Arians Abortion (Cleveland 2009).

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Haley was channeling his inner Bruce, I'm so smart I know they are 31st against the run but they'll be expecting that.
    Merry Christmas

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That 3rd & 1 play where they had Landry throw it...it boggles my mind. That play, the non-INT by Gay and the onsides recovery that wasn't...that made the game for the Dolphins...broke the game for the Steelers.
    Oh yeah the onside kick. So... the Dolphins cheated and kicked early to catch the Steelers off guard which they didn't and the Steelers recovered? How exactly do the Steelers get punished by having possession stripped from them? Clearly the Dolphins were ready.

That play was a great indicator that the fame is all about the machine that is the NFL now and its referee minions.

The game doesn't matter and the players don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Haley was channeling his inner Bruce, I'm so smart I know they are 31st against the run but they'll be expecting that.

Quote Originally Posted by LloydWoodson View Post
    Oh yeah the onside kick. So... the Dolphins cheated and kicked early to catch the Steelers off guard which they didn't and the Steelers recovered? How exactly do the Steelers get punished by having possession stripped from them? Clearly the Dolphins were ready.

That play was a great indicator that the fame is all about the machine that is the NFL now and its referee minions.

The game doesn't matter and the players don't matter.
    I understand that play was "dead" (it's similar to when an inadvertent whistle blows)...

...but, that was complete BS.