Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things just got a whole lot worse , Ben has torn meniscus

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Things just got a whole lot worse , Ben has torn meniscus

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

Re: Things just got a whole lot worse , Ben has torn minicus

hope the hell it is only like they said a game or 2...really hope Mettenberg can take the job from Jones

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

So a player can get ejected from a game for wearing the wrong color cleats but not for tackling a players knees or horsecollaring.... Touchdown celebrations are virtually always a 15 yard penalty but a late hit on a quarterback doesn't get called. Gotcha. #watchinghockeyfromhereonout

- - - Updated - - -

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    So a player can get ejected from a game for wearing the wrong color cleats but not for tackling a players knees or horsecollaring.... Touchdown celebrations are virtually always a 15 yard penalty but a late hit on a quarterback doesn't get called. Gotcha. #watchinghockeyfromhereonout

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on who the QB is...

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

The injury to Ben coUld benefit this team in the long run if Ben comes back and can play at a reasonable level and misses only a few games. Haley needs to make LeVeon Bell the focus of this offense for now and the rest of the season. It was ridiculous that he only had 10 carries against a Dolphins defense that hadn't stopped the run all year. Tired of AB getting double teamed or worse? Establish the run, play action pass! Anyway Ben has struggled on the road for 3 years now. That Haley and Tomlin didn't try to play the game through Bell is ridiculous. Anyway bottom line is that if Bell and Williams get 25+ carries between them we can win games no matter who the qb.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Steelermania is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    The injury to Ben coUld benefit this team in the long run if Ben comes back and can play at a reasonable level and misses only a few games. Haley needs to make LeVeon Bell the focus of this offense for now and the rest of the season. It was ridiculous that he only had 10 carries against a Dolphins defense that hadn't stopped the run all year. Tired of AB getting double teamed or worse? Establish the run, play action pass! Anyway Ben has struggled on the road for 3 years now. That Haley and Tomlin didn't try to play the game through Bell is ridiculous. Anyway bottom line is that if Bell and Williams get 25+ carries between them we can win games no matter who the qb.
    Agree with this. The turning point of the game came when we had first and 10 at the Dolphins 30, leading 8-3. This is where you have a chance to put your foot on the neck of a bad team. Three straight passes, including Ben taking an unforgivable sack on third down that took us out of fg range. Bell has to touch the ball at least once here.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Give him credit for trying to play through it, but you could see he wasn't himself after coming back into the game. He finally started to adjust and throw the ball better in the final minutes of the game. Let's hope that the coaching staff comes up with a game plan to help Landry Jones, and it should include a lot of Bell and Williams.

Life without Ben is never fun, but this team needs to get healthy. They have been slowly coming apart with the injuries but they managed to hold it together. The injuries in this game broke them.

I believe health is the most important thing that this team needs to occur.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I think both our teams are benefiting from a return to normal for Cincinnati. Otherwise we'd be sunk by Week 7.

Tough news. Ben ain't getting any younger. Knees are tricky. No pun intended.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    This pissed me off more than anything yesterday. The whole offensive game plan should've revolved around Bell.

- - - Updated - - -

We're done without Ben. Landry is hot garbage. I'd rather see Mettenberger be given a chance.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

im so sick of the nfl with their rules and bullshit...other than watching my steelers i dont watch anybody else and its really getting difficult to even watch the steelers and the crap they are displaying on the field. Only saving grace is there are a lot of teams riding around the .500 mark. Not out of the question 9-7 or 8-8 wins ours division but it wont matter cause half the team will be on IR by then. Im about to completely boycott the nfl and ive been a steelers fan since the mid 70s so thats saying something. Until they make the refs full time employees and give them what they want then the officiating will continually get worse which is what were seeing. You cant focus on a job if you have many other jobs as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Steelermania is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    im so sick of the nfl with their rules and bullshit...other than watching my steelers i dont watch anybody else and its really getting difficult to even watch the steelers and the crap they are displaying on the field. Only saving grace is there are a lot of teams riding around the .500 mark. Not out of the question 9-7 or 8-8 wins ours division but it wont matter cause half the team will be on IR by then. Im about to completely boycott the nfl and ive been a steelers fan since the mid 70s so thats saying something. Until they make the refs full time employees and give them what they want then the officiating will continually get worse which is what were seeing. You cant focus on a job if you have many other jobs as well.

The horse collar tackle that wasn't called was just awful, and I'm not one to complain about the refs because they usually end up screwing both teams.

Also, on third and one, with Landry in the game, why is he dropping back to pass? Bell has to get the ball there. Coaches are always outsmarting themselves. After what Pete Carroll did in the Super Bowl though, it never surprises me anymore.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I think this is the year the steelers need to draft ben's replacement. Anyone by chance take a look at the upcoming qb draft class?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Anything but an "athletic QB".

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

A torn meniscus is usually a month minimum, double that if it's bad. I think getting him back after the bye is wildly optimistic ...

Fortunately, the rest of our division is crap and the bar is not looking too high for a wild card either - so just win a game or two in this stretch, make the playoffs, then it's three hands of blackjack.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He won't be back anytime soon. Tomlin-talk. Where's Shazier?

Senior Member Array title="slippy will become famous soon enough"> slippy's Avatar

meniscus clean up is usually three weeks. see the 2005 season...

"Clean up"...so they say...

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    This pissed me off more than anything yesterday. The whole offensive game plan should've revolved around Bell.

- - - Updated - - -

We're done without Ben. Landry is hot garbage. I'd rather see Mettenberger be given a chance.
    I still can't get over that drive with Landry where we handed it off to Bell every time, and he got good yardage, but then at 3rd and 1 let Landry throw it. Bell gets that one yard at least 90 percent of the time. Easily. Landry on the other hand... nope.

But our Backup QB situation is not all that bad, as long as we start Mettenberger immediately and don't even bother trying to put in Landry. Mettenberger, with the right coaching and especially with tips from Ben can be one of the better Backup QBs in the league.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    But our Backup QB situation is not all that bad, as long as we start Mettenberger immediately and don't even bother trying to put in Landry.

Spoiler: We won't. Jones will be in there until his arm falls off. Even if he's 0-for-54 with 54 interceptions, the only way they'll take him out if if he gets injured.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

O-line has had some shaky moments lately with Gilbert out.

Don't be surprised if Landry gets hurt

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

im begining to think Bens knee could have waited till after the season for a "clean out"...something dont smell right to me...could he be throwing in the towel so to speak? Knowing this team sucks...lol

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

im begining to think Bens knee could have waited till after the season for a "clean out"...something dont smell right to me...could he be throwing in the towel so to speak? Knowing this team sucks...lol

Yeah that's what you do when you're in 1st place... throw in the towel... smh

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yeah that's what you do when you're in 1st place... throw in the towel... smh
    In first place yes...not for long the way this team is playing. We are not gonna win ANY of the upcoming games without Ben. Patriots, ravens, and cowgirls will beat us with landry if he even gets that far. A "clean up" on his knee is something that could have waited till the off season..
    notice how he started throwing the ball better on his last td series. Ben may be out 4 weeks and the only game we win is the bye week...lol

Member Array title="Rara is an unknown quantity at this point"> Rara's Avatar

Ben is going to need more time to heal...he is older, afterall. Can't compare 2005 Ben with 2016 Ben...that's 11 years apart. I'm not confident with Jones being the starter...I'd feel maybe 1% more positive if Mettenberger started...but either way, not confident or positive with Ben down. Damn it.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

In first place yes...not for long the way this team is playing.
    You mean compared to how Baltimore, Cincy and Cleveland are playing???

- - - Updated - - -

In the NFL, a bad loss counts just the same as a close loss and a loss to a bad team counts the same as a loss to a good team. This isn't the NCAA.

Member Array title="Rara is an unknown quantity at this point"> Rara's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

In the NFL, a bad loss counts just the same as a close loss and a loss to a bad team counts the same as a loss to a good team. This isn't the NCAA.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

THANK YOU!!!

The Steelers are 4-2. Period. There are no style points... either way: they don't get an extra win for destroying the Chiefs, nor do they get an extra loss for losing to Miami.

NOTE: The injury to BB is the only thing that is truly significant.

- - - Updated - - -

cincy and baltimore are not gonna stay down for long...hell we all could end up 8-8...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Knowing how Ben is, he'll never throw in the towel. Even if the Steelers are losing in a game and we all know that the outcome has already been decided, Ben never wants to come out.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    I still can't get over that drive with Landry where we handed it off to Bell every time, and he got good yardage, but then at 3rd and 1 let Landry throw it. Bell gets that one yard at least 90 percent of the time. Easily. Landry on the other hand... nope.
    Yep. That's when I turned the game off.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert