Thread: Bad Officiating is Ruining the NFL

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Bad Officiating is Ruining the NFL

Anyone else watch Richard Sherman grab Julio Jones' arm and pull it behind his body to prevent him from making the game winning catch?

This happens all the time. How does Sherman get a pass to interfere almost every play?! Remember last year when he shoved AB to the ground and "intercepted" the ball? It's disgusting.

I hope Dan Quinn takes a fine and tells Goodell and his hopeless refs where to go.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Bad Officiating is Ruining the NFL

I saw that and it pretty munched screwed the Falcons out of a chance to win. It was a text book pass interference call.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I saw some tweets on the Giants/Ratbirds late in the game PI call. Was that as bad as was tweeted?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LloydWoodson View Post
    Anyone else watch Richard Sherman grab Julio Jones' arm and pull it behind his body to prevent him from making the game winning catch?

This happens all the time. How does Sherman get a pass to interfere almost every play?! Remember last year when he shoved AB to the ground and "intercepted" the ball? It's disgusting.

I hope Dan Quinn takes a fine and tells Goodell and his hopeless refs where to go.
    Because he's the #1 (bigmouthed) CB in the league!

I swear, he took over from where Ray "jump-on-the-pile-after-the-play-is-over-and-get-credited-for-two-solo-tackles" Lewis left off in that department...

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Yeah Seahawks have had a lot of help from the refs for a fan base that still cries over SB XL. That Golden Tate "TD" vs the Packers, 49ers being absolutely robbed in the 2013 NFC Championship, Sherman getting away with PI most plays etc.

Not saying the Steelers haven't had help they have had some but also remember the Polamalu INT in the 2005 run vs the Colts that got called back for no reason? That's on par with the Navarro Bowman recovery that got called back in 2013 vs Seahawks in the NFC Championship.

And why does Burfict get away with everything?! Gronkowski got flagged yesterday because Burfict freaked out and ran at him mimicking throwing a flag... the hell is that?! Yes Gronk was taunting.... but the reason for the call was to keep Burfict from escalating violence. Burfict is the problem every game!!! Flag Burfict!!!!

I swear this is sport imitating life and thugs are being pandered to. "Don't make the thugs angry!"

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bad Officiating is Ruining the NFL

The officiating as at an all time low...how does it consistently get worse every year? Because they keep changing all the rules, complicating them, making them more gray instead of black or white?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I agree. The terrible officiating is a big reason why viewership is down. It just makes the NFL a poor quality product.

Sherman has been allowed to mug WRs for years and the officials rarely ever throw a flag on him.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    To be fair, that is a convenient spot to start the clip. It would be nice to see the whole play.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Surprised to not see anything on a blatant horse collar tackle on Le'Veon Bell yesterday.

It was a weekend for the bookies, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    To be fair, that is a convenient spot to start the clip. It would be nice to see the whole play.
    I wish I could post one. Didn't have time to find a tweet or online source to show the whole clip. I didn't even see the play live.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

It was really nauseating. How does Ed Hochuli miss the horse collar on Bell let alone the B.S. personal fouls that they called only on us. Or the touchdown celebration by two players completely ignored. When you can't even feel like you got a fair shake from the one most consider the best in the league then it is truly becoming unwatchable.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

It looks like some of the refs are intentionally or not eclipsing the players.
    All Defense!

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Yep, ridiculous. Robinson didn't slam him down to the ground, which is what would've made it a penalty. Zeke is even crying about that play, calling Robinson a dirty player.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Yep, tackle gotohell's new golden boy, get penalized

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Yup, it definitely slowed my game time watching down. The momentum is constantly stalled by a flag. The face mask on Brown on the TD last game wasn't even mentioned. The supposedly 'body slam' in the dallas/detroit game was a real BS call. I'm afraid that there will be some playoff games hurt by unnecessary flag drops this year. College games are alot more fun to watch anymore.