Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Week 7: New England Patriots.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Week 7: New England Patriots.

It wouldn't surprise me if They win this game and then come out and lose to the Ravens beat the Cowboys then lose to the Browns and Colts.

Actually...put that down as a prediction...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Brady will carve up the Steelers' overly passive defense.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Landry comes out and light's up the field in a big shoot out, beats Brady and the cheats and shocks the NFL, comes Monday morning and appears on all ESPN talking head shows. Then comes the ratbirds and again it's the Landry show and rips the birds in an one sided victory. Again Landry and Steeler's are ESPN team to beat. The new's flash headlines are beginning to appear as the Cowboy's with a QB controversy! LOL Sorry, I just couldn't resist the humor...was tired of reading all the negativity with Ben's injury and the damn political debate crap. God, I wish all this stuff was over. LOL

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I cant believe Butler will be passive after his first meeting against the pats as DC.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    we're only going to rush one guy this game and drop 10 men into coverage, double-teaming every one of their eligible receivers.

Brady won't know what to do...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    we're only going to rush one guy this game and drop 10 men into coverage, double-teaming every one of their eligible receivers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Agreed Zu, I think the Steelers can win this game.
    Count me in.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

Damn straight.

Also put 10 o-linemen and direct snap to He Shall be Le'Veon all game. DeAngelo can come in on some plays to give Bell a breather.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Damn straight.

Also put 10 o-linemen and direct snap to He Shall be Le'Veon all game. DeAngelo can come in on some plays to give Bell a breather.
    see, this is where you and I differ.

I would only put 9 OL out there and keep AB out on the field at all times to provide a passing outlet for Le'Veon in case the Pats**** try to stack the line of scrimmage and take the run away...

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

If the Steelers under any circumstance try to play "hide the quarterback" with Landry Jones, they will lose badly and the game will be over by halftime. The Defense is nowhere near good enough and Belichick will key on stopping Brown and Deangelo/Bell, and force Landry to make plays. Jones has to do something, of course, that's really stretching it.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that is what the Pats are going to do.

If they try to win this game, they'll have a very slim chance. Minimal chance, but they'll have a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I cant believe Butler will be passive after his first meeting against the pats as DC.
    Butler faced two shitty quarterbacks the last two weeks and didn't even pressure them once. Ryan Fitzpatrick is an interception machine, and he didn't get picked a single time.

Brady is going to devour him. It's the bullshit Lebeau scheme that is once again showing its obsolescence.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Why not play to OUR STRENGTHS, whatever the Pats are going to do? Rely on Landry Jones? Are you serious? If they stack the box, run them the hell over.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Why not play to OUR STRENGTHS, whatever the Pats are going to do? Rely on Landry Jones? Are you serious? If they stack the box, run them the hell over.
    So you're saying the Steelers should be deliberately one-dimensional on Offense and hope the Patriots make a mistake or the Defense gets lucky because we're frightened of Laundry? May as well not even waste your time watching the game, because it will be a laugher after the first quarter.

Playing scared is why our Defense has considerably declined. Waiting on opponents to fuck up is outdated.

Don't be surprised when the score is 30-3 or something at halftime if they do that.

You can't hide the Quarterback. I said Laundry will have to do something, not necessarily the Steelers should rely on the dude, we should play to our strengths, but he has to do something. Sooner or Later, the Patriots are going to pick on the dude.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    If there is anything Belichick is really good at over the years, is attacking weaknesses and taking away the opposing teams' strength and forcing them to rely on something else.

What Strengths do the Steelers have right now? Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown. They will double Brown, stack against Bell, and force Jones to beat them. No other way around it.

The Patriots have consistently taken away the Steelers' strength over the years.

What was our big strength against them in the past? Ben and the Defense, namely Troy. The Pats D consistently corral Ben, and Brady carves up the Defense by dinking them to death and staying away from Troy. Result? 8-2 record against Tommy Boy since 2001.
    So? You saying we can't beat them with that? Bell can't run against the Pats? Brown can't get open?

We have everything we need to win this game. It won't be easy, not because we are doomed without Ben, but because the Pats are a good football team. But, this game is very winnable. We are a good football team also.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    So? You saying we can't beat them with that? Bell can't run against the Pats? Brown can't get open?

We have everything we need to win this game. It won't be easy, not because we are doomed without Ben, but because the Pats are a good football team. But, this game is very winnable. We are a good football team also.
    "Good Football Team" is very debatable

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    So you're saying the Steelers should be deliberately one-dimensional on Offense and hope the Patriots make a mistake or the Defense gets lucky because we're frightened of Laundry? May as well not even waste your time watching the game, because it will be a laugher after the first quarter.

Playing scared is why our Defense has considerably declined. Waiting on opponents to fuck up is outdated.

Don't be surprised when the score is 30-3 or something at halftime if they do that.

You can't hide the Quarterback. I said Laundry will have to do something, not necessarily the Steelers should rely on the dude, we should play to our strengths, but he has to do something. Sooner or Later, the Patriots are going to pick on the dude.
    You are assuming I meant things I never said.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    "Good Football Team" is very debatable
    The Steelers are currently the #2 seed.

But, yeah, they're not the #1 seed...

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The Steelers are currently the #2 seed.

But, yeah, they're not the #1 seed...
    Key word "currently"...give us another 4 weeks and we should know exactly what this team is about. The heart of the schedule is coming up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="WCSteeler is on a distinguished road">

Waste of a challenge, what is Tomlin thinking? This team is in need of some discipline as well

I really don't understand how Sean Davis is a 2nd round pick but not good enough to play in a situation they drafted him for? Is he injured?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WCSteeler View Post
    Waste of a challenge, what is Tomlin thinking? This team is in need of some discipline as well
    Might have been the worst challenge I've ever seen since the inception of the challenge system. I'm watching him twitching the flag saying "No Mike no!!!! Ahhh! You're throwing the flag! Shit!!!! That challenge had a 0.0 chance of working because the call on the field was so obviously correct!

The timeout that challenge burned removed the middle of the field for play options on the couple plays on the last drive of the half. So yes it did matter.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Might have been the worst challenge I've ever seen since the inception of the challenge system. I'm watching him twitching the flag saying "No Mike no!!!! Ahhh! You're throwing the flag! Shit!!!! That challenge had a 0.0 chance of working because the call on the field was so obviously correct!

The timeout that challenge burned removed the middle of the field for play options on the couple plays on the last drive of the half. So yes it did matter.
    Agreed, the team had an uphill climb all day and it sure didn't help

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

A couple things I noticed. On the TD pass to Gronk that gave the Pats an 11 point lead, anyone else notice James Harrison got thrown down to the ground by his neck on the play? Looked very similar to the hold that was called on Hubbard that took a TD off the board for us. Just saying.

Also I love Ben. But what makes Brady better than Ben is that when the Steelers defense seemed to have stolen the momentum away from the Patriots offense Brady had no trouble handing the ball to Blount and taking advantage of what the Steelers were giving him. Once Blount took back the momentum Brady started to mix in the pass again and then it was game over.

Had Ben or Haley figured this same sort of thing out the week before in Miami we're sitting here today at 5-2 right now and not so bothered by today's loss. Will they possibly learn? We can only hope.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    A couple things I noticed. On the TD pass to Gronk that gave the Pats an 11 point lead, anyone else notice James Harrison got thrown down to the ground by his neck on the play? Looked very similar to the hold that was called on Hubbard that took a TD off the board for us. Just saying.
    I said the same thing in the game day thread and in another thread. Solder did the EXACT same thing to James that Hubbard got flagged for but the idiot officials didn't throw a flag on him.

Solder also got away with another blatant hold on the first NE TD. He had James in a bear hug on that one.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert