Thread: Bouchette: Ladarius Green To Practice Next Week

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Bouchette: Ladarius Green To Practice Next Week

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Bouchette: Ladarius Green To Practice Next Week

With Rogers practicing and L Green practicing, there should be ZERO excuses for our offense to absolutely DOMINATE ANY defense in the league. We have the top WR in the game, an emerging deep threat in Coates, a very good up and coming slot WR, the best pass catching back in the league, the top 1-2 RB's in the league, solid TE's in Grimble and the Outlaw. Not to mention a top 10 OL (even when not all healthy) Add a very gifted and athletic TE and there should be a defense who can match up with us.

Member Array title="Rara is an unknown quantity at this point"> Rara's Avatar

About time...hopefully he'll be healthy and be the player the Steelers thought they were getting when signing him. Still disappointed with Green so far...even though I was one that was excited about the signing.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

If he's truly healthy... 35ppg should be the minimum.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Will he practice? I am not holding my breath. Also, practice could mean catching one or two passes on the sideline and then jogging around a bit.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Having him against the Patriots if it happens will be huge. Even if we limit the playbook on him for the time being, itll be nice to have a player that they patriots arent prepared for
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

This could be great news for us. If he can be that go-to mid-range threat that we've been missing so far, I think it will really open things up for Coates, Wheaton and company. Doesn't even have to be anything special, just 3 or 4 passes in the 10-15 yard range, and then that demands they bring over a DB to deal with him.

I love Jesse James and he's filled in admirably so far (as has Grimble), but what they are doing is matching the expected performance of a TE vs. a linebacker, not abusing the linebacker and forcing the defense to react. I hope that's what we paid for when we signed this guy!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    This could be great news for us. If he can be that go-to mid-range threat that we've been missing so far, I think it will really open things up for Coates, Wheaton and company. Doesn't even have to be anything special, just 3 or 4 passes in the 10-15 yard range, and then that demands they bring over a DB to deal with him.

I love Jesse James and he's filled in admirably so far (as has Grimble), but what they are doing is matching the expected performance of a TE vs. a linebacker, not abusing the linebacker and forcing the defense to react. I hope that's what we paid for when we signed this guy!
    Well, that and blocking. I'd love to see a TE actually block well this season. (Although, I seem to remember Grimble doing a decent job of it, but I can't say for sure).

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Having him against the Patriots if it happens will be huge. Even if we limit the playbook on him for the time being, itll be nice to have a player that they patriots arent prepared for
    Says week 9 would be soonest he could come back

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Well, that and blocking. I'd love to see a TE actually block well this season. (Although, I seem to remember Grimble doing a decent job of it, but I can't say for sure).

That may be a long wait. IIRC word on Green was that he was strictly a receiver and basically nonexistent as a blocker.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    Says week 9 would be soonest he could come back
    oh damn have the PUP rules changed? i thought he could be brought back after 6 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    That may be a long wait. IIRC word on Green was that he was strictly a receiver and basically nonexistent as a blocker.
    True.

That said, he's a helluva receiver. We've never had a receiving TE like him.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    oh damn have the PUP rules changed? i thought he could be brought back after 6 weeks
    Good question. I never knew PUP list rules.

Had to look this up:

If a player is still on the PUP list when the regular season begins, he is not eligible to play in the team’s first six games but does not count against a team’s 53-man roster. After six games, the team has three weeks to decide whether the player will return to the practice field as part of the 53-man roster and then — if the player returns to practice — another three weeks to decide whether to put him on injured reserve. The clock starts on that second time frame the day the player returns to practice.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-the-pup-list/

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

So............did he make it to practice?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    So............did he make it to practice?
    Nope

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...st-opportunity

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

I doubt he plays a single down for the Steelers this year. He might not play a single down ever for the Steelers.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I doubt he plays a single down for the Steelers this year. He might not play a single down ever for the Steelers.
    He plays 1 quarter has 3 catches for 50 yards and gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He plays 1 quarter has 3 catches for 50 yards and gets hurt.
    LOL, sounds about right for $5M.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

I like Jesse James just because they yell Heeeaaaath every time he makes a catch .

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I have lost hope on this stiff ever playing, $20 million literally for nothing

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Is it headaches or a bum ankle? Both? There has to be a way to protect yourself, as a team, when a trade turns out to be a Jamarcus Russell deal.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Tomlin needs to clear him. I don't think it's worth delaying any longer.

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

He practiced today supposedly from what i read on rotoworld . Looking to get cleared and active soon.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

If he does not play then the contract should go to arbitration.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

We need another option in the passing game. If he's healthy he could really help.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."