Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bell, the best ever?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Bell, the best ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Second Week in a row where Bell showcased how dangerous he is. I don't care what people say, he's in another stratosphere. He must be accounted for when he's on the field. I don't know any player the Steelers have ever had the has scared the shit out of an opposing D like Bell has.

The Best ever? Does it matter? He is very damn good and I'm so glad we have him.
    He's no Gino Torretta...

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I live in San Diego.

So, I saw every single game during LT's 2006 campaign... and, THAT was the best year I have ever seen by any player. LaDainian accounted for 32 touchdowns that year: 28 rushing, 3 receiving, 1 passing.
    To think San Diego took the ball out of LT's hands for the playoff game.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    To think San Diego took the ball out of LT's hands for the playoff game.
    Marlon McCree

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    He's no Gino Torretta...
    i think he is closer to the " Ricky Williams " type player.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="SteeleReign is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    This past Monday I said to one of my great friends (who is also a Steelers fan) that Bell looks like he could be the most talented RB ever to play the game. He just seems to play the position on a different level than anyone else currently. His vision, patience, cutting ability, and ability to decelerate and accelerate are tremendous.........plus he has power too........and I have not even mentioned his receiving ability. That does not make him the best ever, but I do not think there is anybody else in the league right now that is really that close to his ability.

Perhaps Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, and Ladainian Tomlinson had similar skills to Bell in the fairly recent past.........but I just don't remember them moving quite like Bell does.
    Dude. Marshall Faulk. Go watch highlights of him in high school, college, and of course, the pros. I'd forgotten just how sick he was. He may be the closest comparison if Bell keeps this up.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    of course he is the best ever. and i'm not* a homer and i never* see things through black and gold glasses or drink the black and gold kool aid

* not and never = always

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
    Dude. Marshall Faulk. Go watch highlights of him in high school, college, and of course, the pros. I'd forgotten just how sick he was. He may be the closest comparison if Bell keeps this up.
    Faulk is the player that I always compare Bell too. The skillset is very similar although Bell is bigger.

I think that Bell is unique though in his amazing patience at the line and his ability to pick the correct hole and hit it.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Faulk is the player that I always compare Bell too. The skillset is very similar although Bell is bigger.

I think that Bell is unique though in his amazing patience at the line and his ability to pick the correct hole and hit it.

same for me.

Senior Member Array title="SteeleReign is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post

I agree. I believe Bell's patience and quick burst are superior to Faulk, but Marshall had that 6th gear - when he hit the hole, he was goooooooooooone!

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

I think you have to hit 10,000 rushing yards to be in the convo for best ever. Even then the list is even smaller.

Currently only AD is worthy of the convo.

Let Bell lead today's NFL in rushing a couple times or even once. Calling him the best ever is lunacy. I am curious to wonder how Bell would have run behind the 2007-12 OL. He would still be highly effective but his ypc would drop .5 yards at least I think.