Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I now have Bengals fans as the crappiest fanbase to date!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: I now have Bengals fans as the crapiest fanbase to date!

Quote Originally Posted by LloydWoodson View Post
    Nope. Decastro eye gouged Gilberry not Burfict. Didn't stop you from getting an immediate affirmation as to the veracity of your revisionist history haha! "Correct on all counts" haha.

This is what I'm talking about. "Decastro isn't dirty the Bengals deserve to be eye gouged."

I can envision Steelers fans cheering as Ben brings forth the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch to be thrown at the Bengals on the count of three. Bengals deserve it! Ben grenades opposing teams in the name of the Lord!
    Who knows what the hell "you're talking about". You started out by basically saying that Steelers fans are as bad as Bungles fans, and now you're talking about Ben throwing grenades in the name of the lord......bit of a head scratcher.

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Who knows what the hell "you're talking about". You started out by basically saying that Steelers fans are as bad as Bungles fans, and now you're talking about Ben throwing grenades in the name of the lord......bit of a head scratcher.
    "Lookee here boys! We got ourselves whatcha call a "phil-eye-stine." You ain't never seen Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail has you, boy?

The homerism of NFL fans is a microcosm that accurately mirrors jingoism. That was my point. The demonization of one's enemy is an essential part of any conflict. In the Monty Python reference the hand grenade being blessed by high ranking religious clerics for the use by the "good guy" (Steelers fans) against the "bad guy" (Bengals fans) is in my opinion a good example of "with us or against us" type rhetoric.

Here's a story about Bengals fans donating 7,000 pounds of canned food for a food drive. Maybe they aren't all bad? Or maybe just one person donated the food and the rest are all bad?

http://m.fox19.com/fox19/pm_/content...id=od:7Nyco1Ty

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Attempting to equate Wallace's behavior to Burfict's over the last couple of Steelers/Bengals games is a laughable and gigantic reach. Anyone notice how "quiet" the proceedings were when the Steelers and Bengals played a couple of weeks ago sans Burfict? Even the announcers commented on it. Think it was a coincidence? I don't. Burfict was COMPLETELY out of control during the 2nd regular season game and the WC game last year.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Nope. Decastro eye gouged Gilberry not Burfict. Didn't stop you from getting an immediate affirmation as to the veracity of your revisionist history haha! "Correct on all counts" haha.

This is what I'm talking about. "Decastro isn't dirty the Bengals deserve to be eye gouged."

I can envision Steelers fans cheering as Ben brings forth the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch to be thrown at the Bengals on the count of three. Bengals deserve it! Ben grenades opposing teams in the name of the Lord!
    The only person that I saw or heard DeCastro getting into it with was Burfict. Where's your proof that he "eye gouged" Gilberry? Do you know what took place immediately prior to the "eye gouging"? I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but I prefer to not just take your word for it since you seem to be all about standing up for Bengal fans.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Correct. It was Gilberry. But, he & Burfict had been razzing DD all game, and DD had finally had enough.

An allegory:
    In my neighborhood, growing up, Rufus and Tufus were the bullies. Rufus was far worse, but Tufus was no saint. Regardless, one day at school, Rufus kept picking on Lil' Davey: punching his arm, spitting on him, threatening to kill his mom, you know... the norm. Then, on the way home, Tufus bumped into Lil' Davey... and Lil' Davey exploded on Tufus: pushed him to the ground, got him in a choke hold, and tried to gouge his eyes out.

And, no one blamed Lil' Davey one bit.

MONTY PYTHON:
    Last Halloween, a couple of kids walked up to my house, dressed as King Arthur and Sir Robin... clapping coconuts, pretend galloping... the whole nine.

I asked them: What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Without batting an eye, they replied: African or European?

I dumped the entire bowl of candy into their bags.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Correct. It was Gilberry. But, he & Burfict had been razzing DD all game, and DD had finally had enough.

An allegory:
    In my neighborhood, growing up, Rufus and Tufus were the bullies. Rufus was far worse, but Tufus was no saint. Regardless, one day at school, Rufus kept picking on Lil' Davey: punching his arm, spitting on him, threatening to kill his mom, you know... the norm. Then, on the way home, Tufus bumped into Lil' Davey... and Lil' Davey exploded on Tufus: pushed him to the ground, got him in a choke hold, and tried to gouge his eyes out.

And, no one blamed Lil' Davey one bit.

MONTY PYTHON:
    Last Halloween, a couple of kids walked up to my house, dressed as King Arthur and Sir Robin... clapping coconuts, pretend galloping... the whole nine.

I asked them: What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Without batting an eye, they replied: African or European?

I dumped the entire bowl of candy into their bags.
    You should have given them a shrubbery.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Here's a story about Bengals fans donating 7,000 pounds of canned food for a food drive. Maybe they aren't all bad? Or maybe just one person donated the food and the rest are all bad?

http://m.fox19.com/fox19/pm_/content...id=od:7Nyco1Ty

Nobody here is claiming every single Bengals fan is an idiot or a horrible person.

You made a ridiculous statement saying that Wallace was just as bad as Burfict and that Steelers fans are 100% behind him in his actions on a Steelers message board. Instead of admitting you overstated something or exaggerated to make a point, you doubled and tripled down with more and more outrageous comments and assertions that have been called out by several posters. They didn't attack you personally. They just stated things to try to show you that you are incorrect on some of your assertions.

You are in this way over your head because you refuse to admit you were wrong in your initial premise that Steelers fans backed Wallace's cheap shit on the field, and have just painted a not so flattering picture of yourself to everyone that reads this thread.

For crying out loud man, just stop already.

You're wrong.

When every single person is telling you you're wrong, a reasonable person would take a step back and contemplate that information and act accordingly.

I'm just trying to help.

"Lookee here boys! We got ourselves whatcha call a "phil-eye-stine." You ain't never seen Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail has you, boy?

The homerism of NFL fans is a microcosm that accurately mirrors jingoism. That was my point. The demonization of one's enemy is an essential part of any conflict. In the Monty Python reference the hand grenade being blessed by high ranking religious clerics for the use by the "good guy" (Steelers fans) against the "bad guy" (Bengals fans) is in my opinion a good example of "with us or against us" type rhetoric.

I'm more partial to "Life of Brian".......boy!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: I now have Bengals fans as the crappiest fanbase to date!

Steelers' Cody Wallace accepts late-hit fine: 'It was dangerous what I did'

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...716m5l9ecf1m2d

“We respect Cody a lot,” Brown said. “He’s a leader. Anytime he sees a guy take a shot on me he gets a little feisty. That’s the way he plays. He’s physical. He’s a great teammate.”
    “It was dangerous what I did,” Wallace told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “You can’t do stuff like that out there. I fully expected it. It’s part of the game.”

Vontaze Burfict blames Bengals teammate for playoff loss to Steelers

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vo...s-to-steelers/

"There was only a minute left in the game," Burfict said. "Coach always says, 'Trust a teammate to pack your parachute,' and I trusted my teammate. I don't want to say any names, but I trusted my teammates to execute and finish the game."

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    You should have given them a shrubbery.
    I fart in Bengals fans' general direction!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm more partial to "Life of Brian".......boy!!
    Besides laughs, giggles, chuckles, smiles, gaiety, hilarity, gaffaws, titters, cackles, jocularity, amusement, and the occasional parody... what has "Life of Brian" ever done for us!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Besides laughs, giggles, chuckles, smiles, gaiety, hilarity, gaffaws, titters, cackles, jocularity, amusement, and the occasional parody... what has "Life of Brian" ever done for us!?!
    "Given us peace".

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

Well, there's that song..."Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life".

"Given us peace".
    Peace???... oh, shut up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Well, there's that song..."Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life".
    If you want to Steelers fan, you have to really hate the Bengals.
    I do!
    Oh yeah, how much?
    A lot!
    Alright, you're in.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw one Bengals fan in an Ochocinco jersey and told him I couldn't believe he would spend money on that. Then I told him his mother was a hamster and his father smelled of elderberries.

I saw one Bengals fan in an Ochocinco jersey and told him I couldn't believe he would spend money on that. Then I told him his mother was a hamster and his father smelled of elderberries.
    Was his name Biggus Dickus?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Beat me to it!

"He has a wife you know"?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Junior Member Array title="BackyardSteel is an unknown quantity at this point">

And we now there is an entire thread on how Bengals Fans suck?

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardSteel View Post
    And we now there is an entire thread on how Bengals Fans suck?
    And??????

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I now have Bengals fans as the crappiest fanbase to date!

We suck for taking so long to create this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    We suck for taking so long to create this thread.

Junior Member Array title="BackyardSteel is an unknown quantity at this point">

And??????
    Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Only Bengirl fans would dedicate an entire thread to saying a team that is 6-1 against them dating back to December 2013 sucks, but I bet Bungals fans think every single one of those games was won by the refs, even the lopsided ones
    I actually meant to quote this in my original reply.

But where else would Monty Python quotes get worked in?

SteelersCountry.com Array title="Justin Otstott is an unknown quantity at this point"> Justin Otstott's Avatar

Bengals fans are from a very very special planet somewhere far away. You cannot fault these species.

But where else would Monty Python quotes get worked in?
    Lol...is that a challenge?!?

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardSteel View Post
    I actually meant to quote this in my original reply.
    You used your 2nd post on this forum to complain about this thread? LOL!
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    You used your 2nd post on this forum to complain about this thread? LOL!

Some people wring their hands at stuff like this, some of us embrace the horror and just run with it and use it as an opportunity to get some laughs out of it.

Then you have some others that are active participants, and then feel guilt about that, and want to go back in time and change something they see as a lapse in judgement.

I don't have that problem!