Thread: Week 4: Kansas City

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 4: Kansas City

Well, time to move on from that last debacle. I am going to chalk it up as an anomaly when both our off and our def completely crap the bed at the same time, in every aspect of the game.

KC poses a similar threat as Philly did. QB that is good at the short game, good RB screen game and a good TE. Add to that a good def and you basically have Philly game #2.

Questions:
    Did we learn from our gameplan failures?
    Can the defense overcome the injuries (too many to list)?
    Does Gilbert play, and if so does he solidify his position as a starting CB (would be a nice change for once)?
    Can the offense get back on track and put up some big numbers?

My prediction is we bounce back from a horrid game and gameplan. Wheaton shook the rust off and will redeem himself with a solid game. Bell will play lights out after his suspension to show this team why he is worth keeping around. Gilbert gets more playing time and creates an argument for Gay moving back to the slot. Unfortunately Shazier is out so Kelce will have a big game, but I think we stop the screen game this week and Smith is not going to air it out against us so we can probably cheat a Safety in to help.

I think we will win 34-21

Senior Member Array title="StillCurtains is a name known to all">

Re: Week 4: Kansas City

I don't know honestly!

The middle of the D is so shaky. Now no Shazier and it makes it more scary with J Charles. Teams are screening our LB's to death for big gains and I see more of the same with an accurate Alex Smith as the short and intermediate game is his strength.

There is nowhere the pressure can come from. I think it comes down to Wheaton and Coates. If they step up we win. If they give us drive killing drops and dropped TD's we lose. I hope Gilbert can give them a reason to keep him on the field. I think he needs the reps to be prepped down the stretch. We're going to need them all!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If this game were in KC it would almost be a guaranteed loss. I'm still not
    Convinced they'll win this week or next week. If Brandon Marshall is healthy next week, that could be another easy loss.

As for the Chiefs, whomever is running the ball needs to be contained. Spencer's Ware is as productive as Charles when he's in there. I welcome Charles back in hopes that he needs to shake the rust off. Kelce is probably a Top-2-3 TE. This Chiefs team, on paper, could be better than Philadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well the fact that Smith has no deep game plays in our favor. We could actually play Shark (he is a good tackler) and cheat him up in the box to stop the middle game while leaving one safety back for coverage. We will have to blitz more though, and our LB's will need to not over pursue. They need to maintain their lanes to stop the screen game from being productive.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Depends what steeler team shows up!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm taking the Steelers in dominating fashion this week. No, not dominatrix fashion. 41-13 Steelers win!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

27-16 chiefs...i dont see our defense holding up...KC will use phillys blue print. Im very concerned about this years team now...i think teams are figuring out how to cover AB and our pourus defense.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

we were a so much better team when we flew under the radar...i think they believed too much in the hype

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

^Steelers have been starting slow for several years now. I think the last time they had a winning record after 4 games was 2010.

I'm not concerned about the season as a whole based on one game. I don't consider the Steelers a SB contender though. They will need a 2005 style run to win it again.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Our defense bent surprisingly well without any heat in the first 2 games.

It's time to bring the heat.

On offense we need 30 every game Ben.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The Chiefs ar one of those teams than can go like 11-5 on the year but they can also easily have a game where they score like 9 points. And then still manage to almost beat you.

13-9 Steelers, with a key Smith choke on 4th down inside the Steelers 20 at the end of the game.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Junior Member Array title="ScottLaRock "> ScottLaRock's Avatar

Defense shaky and as always injuries Galore. I hope we can dominate the clock..
    catch some damn balls .. It is a new day/game . Play with some Fire STEELERS.

Whats up everybody. HERE WE GO

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I'm taking the Steelers in dominating fashion this week. No, not dominatrix fashion. 41-13 Steelers win!!!!!!!!!!
    you don't think we will whip them?

Good call on this score here!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Let me PM some lottery numbers to you

Great prediction

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

what's your outlook for the stock market?